What is everyone up to today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponista

Reaction score
I am with my stall at a Christian festival today. I'm not religious myself, but I'm really enjoying the music and have a wonderful view of the sea. The weather is beautiful too. What more could I ask for?

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1465119426.344408.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1465119439.027491.jpg

Ummm.... I am just chilling out on the computer, and sorting legos. That's all. :)

That seashore looks amazing!

Your table looks so inviting. I would happily sit there, in the sunshine, by the sea, listening to music. Enjoy the day, and good luck with the market.

Looks like a lovely place.

I am just going to start on the challenge today, making a chart and find the colors and pattern that I want to make and go from there.

Saponista, I'm jealous. What a lovely view. I'm going to do a second batch for the Blend swap since I messed up the cut for the first batch. Then I'm going to draw out my plan for this month's challenge and get that started. I have visions of grandeur for that. I'm sure I'll end up with turds in a marsh. (But I might say that's the look I was going for...)

I love your stall set-up! The festival location is really pretty - what a fantastic place to spend the day!

Right now, I'm procrastinating by hanging out on the forum, drinking my coffee, and watching youtube videos. Very soon I'll have to get off my duff and finish scouring my house. We are interviewing listing agents next week so everything has to be spotless. We keep it "unexpected company" okay, but not "people looking inside kitchen cabinets" ready.

Cut my soap that took forever to come to emulsion, let alone trace, that I made last night. It smells so good that I'll probably attempt that combination again but may need two stick blenders to switch back and forth between!

Other than that, my brother's wife's birthday is today, so we'll probably go over to her parents' place and celebrate. Just random post-church Sunday things.

That is loverly! I am writing an article about the herbal, medical, food and other uses of Goldenrod for a magazine and making rose tincture. Then later working on my Airstream and going to two wakes.

I feel a sense of peace and tranquility settle over me just looking at your photos! The sea always does that for me. I love the sound, the smell & the feel of being on or near the ocean. Thank you for sharing and I hope your market does well today Saponista!

Oh, how incredibly lovely! I would so enjoy being where you are today looking out over such a view and reveling in the salty sea air.

Besides checking on the forum and sipping ice water (it's so hot here right now- going to reach 115F/46C today), I'm just puttering about the house, kinda being lazy.

IrishLass :)

Saponista, what a great venue!

I'm starting a batch of rhubarb honey soda for the grandkids (and maybe me). Later, my daughter, grands, and I will be heading out to pick up some amazing local honey and perhaps hunting for a Father's Day present. It's going to be a hot and sunny day here (35C) and we really don't want to be doing a lot.

I am with my stall at a Christian festival today. I'm not religious myself, but I'm really enjoying the music and have a wonderful view of the sea. The weather is beautiful too. What more could I ask for?

View attachment 21348
View attachment 21349
What a gorgeous place to be. Pictures like this make me miss the harbor and my boat. LOL, do not miss the bills...
I am working on a double batch of my Hump Day soap with Camel's milk and a double batch of Hardwood Plumeria. Will probably play with some lotions after my restock soaps are made today

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me in on your lives, I love to know what other people are up to, lots of different and varied things going on! I don't think I could stand the heat if it was in the over 40C it was bad enough in the sun today with the sea breeze. I had a lovely day but am a bit sun burnt, I missed a few patches with the lotion! Looking forward to a quiet day off tomorrow. :)

Your booth setup looks lovely Saponista . . . and so does the view behind you! Wish I was there today instead of bumming around the house waiting for more badly needed rain. I did get motivated enough to make a small test batch of bubble dough, will post pics in the photo gallery when I get it prettied up.

Latest posts

Back