What is everyone making this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Saturday is once again upon us and what are you guys up to creating this weekend :?:
I need to make up a 2 gallon master-batch of my favorite recipe, as I am down to 1/2 gallon left. Need to start making larger amounts of my spring line for shows, running behind, big water discounts. :)

Paul

I haven't soaped at all for the last several months, don't know why, just wasn't motivated. DH has been grousing that he's out of PlainJane and has had to use manly scented soap. He much prefers unscented.

Anyway, I've had my new TOG molds sitting here for a coupla months, just waiting for me to get some gumption. I made two logs of PlainJane for DH yesterday, and think I'm over the hurdle.

I'm contemplating a new recipe that would be more of a shampoo bar. I'm currently using my regular recipe as a Poo Bar, as it has a good % of castor. My new recipe will incorporate shea and avacado oils for their lovely properties. I may have to give it a shot today.

Edited for misspelling

Dragon;
When we get to the TN Soap Gathering in mid May, you will be a CP guru. I like the fact you being my bodyguard there too, see post pertaing to this. :lol:

sassylady;
Get those TOG Molds messy girl! :p :lol: Avacado and shea added to a recipe really make a great bar of soap. :wink:

Paul :wink:

Dragonfly w/ lye... I am skeered of that :wink: !

I am not making anything this weekend. I am behind on shipping so I hope to get caught up w/ that by 4pm when my shop closes (which is 3 1/2 hours). Then we are running off to spend the night at my MIL house & we are taking the kids to the Dallas World Aquarium. It's an amazing aquarium that is 3 tories high & open in the middle, you wind around a path on the outer edge starting at the top & going downward. When you get to the bottom there are mantaees & lots of other things.

When Katrina hit, my husband drove to New Orleans & helped clean up the aquarium there for about a week. He helped w/ the penguin rescue that there was so much press covering. He also drove a huge turtle & some other things here to the Dallas World Aquarium so he will get to see how they are doing in their new home.

Another ash-lye soap experiment for me, Got to either accomplish this or get it out of my system. With the Corp taxes due today (15th) They take priority but those are done, just need to get them post marked. I'm hoping to have a finally report or ash-lye soap making next week.

Not too much going on here...I tested my 2nd batch and its niceeee i think its a little more moisturizing because of the 2Tbsp of aloe vera i added, and nicer lather from the sugar...

will definately make those a mainstay in future batches, I need to get a job so I can buy more oils and make more soap! but for now...using my money only for food! but hopefully this time next week I ll be employed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of central Fl!!!

keep your fingers crossed for me everyone!!!

paul--> once I get some more oils, you still good on helping me formulate a few experimental recipe's to fool with water discount and/or superfatting!?!?!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Tomorrow I am making a 4 pound batch of shampoo...maybe citrus mint, a 4 pound batch of clove soap for DH and a 1 pound batch of basil with ground basil leaves for exfolliation. ANd some new lotions bars.

Joanne

Joanne,

That sounds great and interesting is the shampoo in the form of a bar? and the lotion bars can you describ them?

The shampoo is indeed a solid bar just like soap. The lotion bars are solid lotion that melts with your body heat. Really it is just a mix of butters, liquid oild and beeswax. Super moisturizing and yummy. A easy recipe is 2 oz cocoa butter, 2 oz shea butter, 2 oz mango butter, 3-4 oz grapeseed oil and 2 oz beeswax. If you use the regular cocoa butter it is nice to add some sweet orange EO....smells like a chocolate orange.

Joanne

Since I "slept" my Saturday away, tomorrow I'd like to make some 100% Lard soap (help!) and another Paul's Wal-Mart recipe batch (Strawberries and Champagne I think) and one more, but not sure yet.......

I have one of those "Martha Molds" - silverware tray with 3 compartments, so it's the most I can make in one day or weekend- 3 little batches!

Makes for fun experimentation, though since I'm still (and always will be!) in the learning stages!

Have fun everyone! May the soap fairies be on your good side! :wink:

I only make soap at night time, so right now I'm making Love soap with 24K mica looks very shimmery! I also made Lavender, Lavender Patchouli, Clarity soap, and prosperity soap. I'm done for tonight more to make in the afternoon!

pepperi27 said:
I only make soap at night time, so right now I'm making Love soap with 24K mica looks very shimmery! I also made Lavender, Lavender Patchouli, Clarity soap, and prosperity soap. I'm done for tonight more to make in the afternoon!

She be stirrin that caldrun till wee hours of the morn! hehehehe!

They sound delish!

Oh oh oh. Lavender/Patch sounds like a great scent. I must try that one next. I like my new blend i made up last week and soaped it. i call it "Men In Trees" because it has Oak moss absolute, Tee Tree, Ylang-ylang, Patch, Clove and a good measure of Cedar Wood EO in it. everything is a EO except clove. I need to get the real stuff in. :wink:

Not soap!! My curing rack is full so I am just "dream-making" soap. Does anyone else do that?? I have been making lip balms and learning to pour into tubes. I made a tube holding tray from a block of styrofoam...works great..now I just need a steady hand!

I just got some new Mica's in and am thinking of what to do with them. I also finished the formula for the spring swap and my labels

I am also piddling with an emulsified scrub recipe

I rebatched 15 lbs of olive oil soap. 7 different scents; my drying room smells like heaven. I need to do some goats milk as soon as the olive oil is cured I am out of room, :D .

WOW!!!!! 15lbs of soap? Whoopie! That is a lot of freakin soap! I havebeen shopping this weekend picking up odds and ends for my soap making battle! Oh yes! It will be a battle, hahahahaha maybe I will video tape myself so you all can have a good laugh. Especially you TAB!!! :)

Paul!! I don't think I will ever be a guru of soap, not like the great "Soapmaker Man!" I saw you post about the body guard thing!! I am not afraid to throw veggies or fruit or soap at anyone!! BRING IT!!

Yup it's a lot of soap. I have a 2 day craft show next month and a couple of more 1 day shows+ my Etsy shop. I want to have a good variety, I already have a bunch of goats milk I made a few months ago.

In the fall I do a 10 day show; so this summer I will be making several big batches like that so I am well stocked for that show and holiday shows and Etsy.

I have alot of things I make besides B&B for my booth and shop so I am busy all the time, I love it. Ginger

Back