What is everyone "cooking" this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well now it can be a little time consuming..... but it goes fast when your watching the telly......

But as far as cutting, yes you can mark all your lines in strips and cut from there.....

But if you invest in the rotary cutter matt, and the rotary cutter it goes very fast, no need to mark the fabric. Simply fold the fabric as you would for quilting if you wanted blocks to be say 4 1/2 x 5 inches, and you just zip zip zip and your cutting is done.

I googled these pictures, saved them and then hosted them on my photobucket account.......

But this is what the equipement looks like, the mat to cut on and the cutter itself.

cutting-fabric-for-quilting-1.jpg

and a picture of someone cutting a larger piece of fabric.... In this picture she is squaring off her end, and then she will flip the fabric over so she can measure her square out and cut several layers at a time. I usually go through 3 or 4 sometimes 6 layers at a time, so you can do it quickly.
Quilting91.jpg

It sure makes it easier and faster to cut fabric because you can see right though the ruler and you can make sure your lines are all square and what not.......

Thanks for the links Faithy! I am going to try the fabric and sticky labels. I GIVE UP on shrink wrap! *stomps foot*

My husband is a BIG fan of collecting junk... :oops: Today he a found a good, working printer (still has ink too!) BY the trash (He would like me to point out the it was not IN the dumpster, but BY it :roll: ) And now I can print my own labels! I had to always go to the apartment complex front office to get things printed. And I wasn't allowed to print labels. Boooo....

I made one 3# loaf this weekend. Been trying to get sick, so haven't felt like soaping until today. (Sunday)

Made Blackberry Grapefruit from Candles and Supplies.

This fragrance smells awesome.

faithy said:
But the fabric sure makes a pretty way to give the soap. And it breathes!!!

Plus with wal-mart having so many cute fabrics for under $5.00 a yard you can sure get a whole lot of bars of soap wrapped or just buy a half yard or a 1/4 yard of several prints. And don't forget the bin of $1.00 per yard fabrics as well. You can often find some cute prints in there as well.
I found a fabric I fell IN LOVE with today! It was in the $1.00 section and I bought ALL of it (there was only 5yds) This will be PERFECT for the donation bars!!! Now for selling.... If every bar is wrapped the same... How do you show people how pretty they are under neath? Like if you sell in shops and such?

Friends all around the world hold hands and share their hearts.

SoapPictures123.jpg

SoapPictures122.jpg

Whooo Hooooo you go girl !!!!!!!

That's such a cute fabric. That is the down side, they can't see the actual bar but it sure looks pretty.

I just posted a tutorial in the tutorial section (imagine that) on how to make your own labels using some free programs I know of.

It turned out rather long because of the pictures I included and the screen shots I used. But I hope it can help others out.

Solution to the problem Lane,

you can use fabric and have the buyer see the product!!!!!!

I had a huge brain fart, and I"m going to post it on my tutorial, go look!!!!

faithy said:
Solution to the problem Lane,

you can use fabric and have the buyer see the product!!!!!!

I had a huge brain fart, and I"m going to post it on my tutorial, go look!!!!
I saw that! Sweeeeet! I am trying out a bunch of different styles using only paper and fabric. GREAT tutorial by the way.

Tabitha said:
I have decided that I am allowed no more FO's until I have soaped every one in my collection.

I won't be ordering FO's for a good long while...

I am doing this too Becky w/ the exception of replacing my top 10 scents as needed. I started last fall & it's goinf very well.

Hi I just ordered fron BB the (Ocean Moss) FO..

Has anyone ever used this FO?? Do you like it?? good , bad???

Who has extra FO's for sale??? Close outs ?? cleaning out ??

Let me know!!

Back