What inspired your business name?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the NYer in me pronounces it Dawuhn :)
Yknow I could be wrong.. East coast accents and west coast accents sound very different to me when it comes to my name. Down south is another thing. And when I said Brits I generalized em, but the Scots n Irish say it better than the English. To me at least hahaha

When I read your name suggestions the first thing that came to mind was 'Dawni Fresh Soapworks' and the second was 'From Dusk to Dawni' with a tagline of "We'll keep you clean 24 hours a day."
But I'm from the US Deep South, so I may be completely mispronouncing your name, LOL!!
My company name has absolutely nothing to do with soap or anything else that I make, but it popped into my head like an epiphany one day while I was soaping. At that point in my soaping journey I wasn't even thinking about having a business, but it felt so right that it stuck in my mind. So when I did decide to create a business, I was pleased to find that this name was available so I snatched it up! :)
My company name is 'Minou Bleu' and it's pronounced ME-new Blew. Here's the genesis/inspiration behind my business name and logo:
http://www.minoubleu.com/Minou.html
And my tagline on my business cards and banner is:
"Fresh - Healthy - Handmade"
Feel free to borrow it if you'd like :)

Lol @cerelife if I used Dawni Fresh anything it'll never end hahaha there's a fabric softener that is named downy fresh so imagine people calling me a fabcon name lol

Dawni is an old nickname from way back when I was much cuter hehe my real name is Dawn, however you pronounce it ;)

I love the story behind your company name!

When I read your name suggestions the first thing that came to mind was 'Dawni Fresh Soapworks' and the second was 'From Dusk to Dawni' with a tagline of "We'll keep you clean 24 hours a day."
But I'm from the US Deep South, so I may be completely mispronouncing your name, LOL!!
My company name has absolutely nothing to do with soap or anything else that I make, but it popped into my head like an epiphany one day while I was soaping. At that point in my soaping journey I wasn't even thinking about having a business, but it felt so right that it stuck in my mind. So when I did decide to create a business, I was pleased to find that this name was available so I snatched it up! :)
My company name is 'Minou Bleu' and it's pronounced ME-new Blew. Here's the genesis/inspiration behind my business name and logo:
http://www.minoubleu.com/Minou.html
And my tagline on my business cards and banner is:
"Fresh - Healthy - Handmade"
Feel free to borrow it if you'd like :)

Interesting! My thought was "Dawni to Dusk!" Clean all day long!

Ohhh! I get it. Most probably won't even if I spelled it out phonetically. They'll probably wonder at the weird letters lol

I'm used to me being called Dawn, sounds like lawn, or fawn... I guess for some of you that doesn't really sound very different if you say Don (and the Brits say it better even lol), but here that O isn't elongated and "soft" but short and sharp. The shape of the mouth is more O than AW. In emails, even when it's spelled out, I get a lot of "Dear Mr. Dawn" lol

And there's this lol
View attachment 41052
Somewhere else it says dahn.

Yes, people would pronounce that wrong too.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL @Dawni I can so relate. (my middle name is Dawn)

Yknow I could be wrong.. East coast accents and west coast accents sound very different to me when it comes to my name. Down south is another thing. And when I said Brits I generalized em, but the Scots n Irish say it better than the English. To me at least hahaha
Every area has it's different type of accent here in the States...

Last edited by a moderator:
My business name is A Misty Dimness Soap. It's an anagram for "soap it's my madness" which is what I used to tell people when they would tell me I was obsessed... No one really gets or appreciates my name, lol. They're just like "you name isn't Misty and what does Dimness have to with soap?" so I explain it (and then have to explain anagram usually) and they still look at me like I grew a third eye. I named my company in like 15 minutes... so I really didn't think it through. Of course, I didn't think I'd still be doing it 4 years later either... in hindsight I probably would have named it Don't Eat the Soap Co. as that seems to be what I say to a lot of people :p Over the years I've shortened it to AMD Soap just so I don't have to explain it...

This thread has been interesting. Please let us know what you decide.
I really like Dawn to Earth, so does my sister and cousin, and it seems so do some of you. I've been planning to get it registered but real life has other plans for me and setting up this business has to be put off for several weeks, if not more.

I've blocked out an email and an IG account.. Hoping no one registers that name before me.

Now if only I can find the time to doodle a logo......

Latest posts

Back