What I did today.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
First is called Butterfly Kissed - a blend of green apple essence, bontanical orchard & nectar, pink lilac & willow, and a touch of peppermint.

Second is called "Honey I'm Home" scented in a blend of wild mountain honey, vermont honey apple, and a touch of french vanilla to mellow it out.

Third one has no name yet - still need to figure it out, but it's a blend pink lemonade, sea island grapefruit and pink sugar. - the red is the true red set from mad micas. Every time I use it I'm impressed...

52596499_10213612150882931_1284627462717702144_n.jpg
52820194_10213612150682926_6292431309763510272_n.jpg
53215249_10213612151322942_5807212606473109504_n.jpg
53371910_10213612151242940_2721721372475654144_n.jpg
52345684_10213612670655925_6587550250817290240_n.jpg
52849961_10213612670575923_887445388447973376_n.jpg

The honey one started gelling as I was pouring and then went through a second gel once it cooled a bit, so I have a feeling it's going to look a bit like a partial gel. However, I was just testing out the scent blend (which I love) in a little 1lb mold so these bars will be mine. All mine. :)

Wow that is n impressive red.. Reminds me of Jessica Rabbit's dress hehe

This is the best red I've ever used. It's a mix of 3 colors, and I get a true bright "Christmas" red every single time.

The inside is a pink base with the red swirl, and I just saved out too much so the top ended up all red... Oh well, I still love it.

The honey one started gelling as I was pouring and then went through a second gel once it cooled a bit, so I have a feeling it's going to look a bit like a partial gel. However, I was just testing out the scent blend (which I love) in a little 1lb mold so these bars will be mine. All mine. :)

This is the best red I've ever used. It's a mix of 3 colors, and I get a true bright "Christmas" red every single time.

The inside is a pink base with the red swirl, and I just saved out too much so the top ended up all red... Oh well, I still love it.

a friend wants me to make some bars for her bridesmaids and she was thinking a deeper pink with a gold swirl thru out the bar. I am thinking for the gold to be something that looks like what you did. my question is--is that something that would hold up within the bar? I used Maya gold mica from Nurture inside a bar I made but it doesn't look real shiny gold like yours does--I know they have 3 different golds though. can I asked where you got your mica from?

a friend wants me to make some bars for her bridesmaids and she was thinking a deeper pink with a gold swirl thru out the bar. I am thinking for the gold to be something that looks like what you did. my question is--is that something that would hold up within the bar? I used Maya gold mica from Nurture inside a bar I made but it doesn't look real shiny gold like yours does--I know they have 3 different golds though. can I asked where you got your mica from?
This one is from Mad Micas, The name of it has rubbed off though, so I'm not sure what it is, however, I think it might be their Goldfinger gold?

I don't think you can get a shimmery swirl inside of soap using the method I did on top because the oils would end up saponifying. In fact, the swirl on top of my soap has muted a lot now that it's gone through saponification and gel...

This one is from Mad Micas, The name of it has rubbed off though, so I'm not sure what it is, however, I think it might be their Goldfinger gold?

I don't think you can get a shimmery swirl inside of soap using the method I did on top because the oils would end up saponifying. In fact, the swirl on top of my soap has muted a lot now that it's gone through saponification and gel...

thanks for your quick response, that makes sense (must be why mine turned out the way it did) the other thing I was thinking of was a gold vein, do you think that would loose its luster in the gel process? TIA

These are absolutely beautiful!! I’ve done mica veining and it gives a cool marbled look. I can see the sparkle a little, not as much as the top, and not as much as I would have liked, but it’s there.

LOL I keep coming back to this thread, literally just to look at the soaps. I love them so much!!
I just hope when I cut them, I'm not disappointed. I know some of the butterfly's melted around the edges, and the mica swirl in the honey one muted to not be shimmery at all. I'll be finding out as soon as I get home tonight which will be late because I have a video conference meeting with Singapore 6:30 pm my time.

When I soap, the only times the mica glitters is when I sprinkle it on top -- and a little goes a long way. Aren't these gorgeous?!

Back