What have you made to give to friends or family this Christm

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traceyann

Reaction score
I decided that I would give my sister 100% handmade this year, so I made up a lovely bath pack consisting of Dragons Blood body dusting powder, Frangipani bath bombs and salts, chemical free lip balm , GM soap and also Apple jack soap......

She was over the moon ( made me feel really good ) that I had gone to the trouble and said that she was hoping I would give her soap...but was thrilled with all the extras.....

You really went all out! I would be thrilled to get that. To extended family I am giving Vanilla Bean Hazelnut Scrub soap. I love how it smells and I have little cotton bags that are stamped. I need to get my behind in gear and do some bath bombs for my niece (9), nephew (6) and sister. Oh and my best friend. They all take baths and would love them. I have asked around if anyone wants lip balm but they still have some from Christmas last year. Geeze, I only gave them a half dozen or so! Guess I will pick what I want and make it for me. :D

I've only given soap, so not going to much trouble here. Trace are you willing to tell how you did the dusting powder ? Sounds interesting.

I feel like such a slacker. I've only done bath fizzies, incense and air fresheners. I do have soap but family and friends insist they have enough and don't need more.

soap, lotion bars, knit cowl (scarf type thing), regular knit scarf, brownies, cookies

giving so much soap to my FIL (+ whoever else) I saved a cardboard bottom from a 35-bottle water bottle package and filled it with soaps. instead of putting a paper label on each one I made little flags out of sewing pins + paper. wrote the name of the soap on each little flag and stuck it into the soap with the pin. so there is an enormous box of soap with little flags sticking out the top, haha.

still debating whether to make some chocolate truffles or just go buy a bag for grannie (in law). she would appreciate either.

Relle, for the dusting powder I used cornflour, Bi Carb and naturasorb....I experimented with the amounts until I found a consistency that I liked.

I got photos printed and put in Michael's frames (with coupons!) and I'm making bath salts to give to match soaps.

making the first round of truffles now. ganache is in the fridge. I think I stirred too much as it wasn't super silky smooth but instead looked a bit grainy. this batch may be just for us. we'll see!

I put this in the break room for my co-workers.

I don't know why this keeps coming out so big! GRRRRR!

ChristmassoapCupcakes012.jpg

Traceyann said:
Relle, for the dusting powder I used cornflour, Bi Carb and naturasorb....I experimented with the amounts until I found a consistency that I liked.

Thanks Trace, I found some recipes - will try another time.

Latest posts

Back