What fragrance makes you think of the ‘90’s?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 90s for me was Love's Baby Soft (that incredibly sweet baby powder scent just brings the nostalgia back), cherry blossom, and pear.

Oh cool! They still had that around in the '90's? That was one of my faves in the '70's....that, and Sweet Honesty by Avon. My mom worked Avon on the side in the '70's and darn near doused me in gallons of the Sweet Honesty. lol I still have some of the decorative bottles practically unused and just can't bear to part with them.

IrishLass :)

anais anais!
Patchouli oil on leather jackets
Cherry lip balm
Cider!
Grape
Joop perfume - original (still love that smell)

For me the 80s makes me think of Jovan White Musk - I was too young for boys and my dad didn’t wear cologne and those designer knock off scent sprays, 90s Charlie Musk, Sunflowers, Polo Sport and Sandalwood, 00s Aqua Di Gio, Juicy Couture ... current years - anything VS, I’m in love with Bombshell.

I can’t imagine Denim as a scent, but yeah, all I can remember wearing was denim everything!

The 90's for me was Ysatis. It took me a long time to find a fragrance that was ME. One of the girls in the cosmetics department knew I was looking for a signature fragrance and when Ysatis came in, she knew it was THE one for me. She was right. They've since changed the formulation and it just isn't the same.

I no longer wear perfume.

Here in Aus, the 90's remind me of strawberry 'impulse' purfume spray, every girl in highschool wore it that and the spice girls 'impulse' range

90's I think about those horrible fresh and aquatic perfumes, like Aqua di Gio and dreadful stuff like that. But also the fantastic Lagerfeldt, the classic bottle with brown liquid inside (I liked that one). And the fresh and sporty strongly smelling shower gels. I don't know what they were called. And fresh chewing gum with spearmint. Plus a spray deodorant called Sport or Sporty. Every young man used that, and the smell was intense. Not very pleasant, but extremely fresh. It might be a Norwegian brand, I have no idea. It did suddenly disappear.

I also remember a before party smell of acetone, chewing gum, hairspray, cigarettes and vodka mixed with drink mixes. I think one of them is called San Fransisco. And banana smell from drinks made by mixing Pisang Ambon (green banana liquor) with milk. It tasted like banana milkshake, but green in color.

Pisang Ambon fragrance (if such exists) mixed with spearmint, that could be a good 90's scent.

Back