what do you use to package your soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaliChan

Reaction score
how does every one package their soaps?
I know that theres the cigar bands and the shrink wrap but what has worked best for you?

I use Kraft tape, it works like a charm :) You can see them on my facebook link...I have tons of pics!

I bought organza bags to use, then decided that I could make them a lot cheaper, so now I'm making my own. I ordered the organza and ribbons from Gifts International http://www.giftsintl-us.com/. Making the drawstring bags is a little time consuming (okay, a LOT), so I'm thinking about just making plain little organza bags that are tied shut with the ribbon. I may stick with the drawstring bags, though, cause the soap looks so good in them! What I really need to do is retire from my *real* job (you know, the one that pays the bills) so I have more time to devote to what I *really* want to do. :)

I sew little draw string bags out of muslin. It is time consuming if you sew them by hand. It takes me about 20 minutes to make one by hand, but I like to do it. By machine, I can make one in under 5 mins.

Soap Wrapping

What I do with my big bars is to first wrap wax paper around the bar, then brown kraft paper which I use PVC glue to fasten down. I then do a wrap around bamboo paper (which I use a laser printer on).

My little sample bars are simpler, they're wrapped with wax paper then the bamboo paper.

Hope this helps...:-D

I haven't tried any other packaging yet, but I'm using saran wrap and making my own cigar bands with 100% recycled paper and using my own printed sticker labels to keep the cigar bands on. I'd like to try a more efficient and cleaner packaging that's clear and thin so you can still see and smell the soaps. any suggestions?

I use cardboard boxes with a hole on one side, and labels that I print myself. The boxes cost a little more than the other methods, but they offer several advantages that I'm willing to pay for:
Easy to package and customize
Unified display no matter what shape of soap I make
Never fall off or get wrinkly
Protect the soap if I drop it or mail it
Retailers like that they stand by themselves on a shelf
Made from recycled material & fully recyclable

For regular bars I use black cigar bands with white labels on the front and back. The contrast with the black and white seems to catch people's eye. I also use muslin bags for what I call 'goody bags' that I put guest size bars in and then attach a black hang tag with white labels. For small gift sets I use organza bags so you can see exactly what you're getting - no need for tagging those ones which is great!

I have a shrink wrap that's biodegradeable and on a roll and folded in the middle so u just slide your soap between and cut. Love it. Used it for 2 years with m&p and its even better with cp.

I have a shrink wrap that's biodegradeable and on a roll and folded in the middle so u just slide your soap between and cut. Love it. Used it for 2 years with m&p and its even better with cp.

Just wondering...where did you get this shrink wrap and what are the measurements? thanks

I use white or black kraft boxes for some orders and most wholesale orders get shrink wrapped with the label on the back.

@Forsenuf
Where do you get the boxes?

Sorry to be so long in getting back- I've used a few different boxes. I started with boxes from The Scent Works, then Wholesale Supplies Plus (which I still have a load of if anybody's interested- look for my shop on Etsy), and now I'm using some custom printed boxes I ordered direct from the Jinguan Printing Company in China.

Question about your labels

I use Kraft tape, it works like a charm :) You can see them on my facebook link...I have tons of pics!

I love the pictures on your facebook page! You have some beautiful soaps! And I really do like your labels. But how do you get the print on them? Is it stamped on?

Back