What do you use to edit your videos?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuneP

Reaction score
Finally managed to upload my first soaping video (it's pretty lame by the way! LOL); but I would like to use it to practice editing but need some help about how to do that - editing software suggestions etc.

I made some goofs like saying sodium silicate (showing my 40 years as a potteR), instead of sodium lactate. So I need to know how to cut out a lot of dead space and how to insert some text over audio errors, etc.

I put the video on You Tube as listed it as private until I can figure out how to do basic editing.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Micrsoft Movie maker isn't supposed to work on Window 10 but I downloaded it anyway. Now I have to find some "how to" information on it. Just by hitting some of the tabs, I can't figure out how to cut out certain sections of it.

The video is too long to upload to You Tube so I would have to do some major editing, as well as finding a way to add some text on the screen in certain parts of the video.

It might just be better to forget this one and start from scratch next time and pause the camera periodically so I don't have to figure out this editing part! LOL

Hm. I haven't done a video since upgrading to 10. If 10 won't run it I'll have to do some digging for a new editor

Microsoft Movie Maker won't play the sound on my new laptop with Windows 10. I know my video has sound because it comes up when it's not on the Microsoft Movie Maker.

Without sound, I can't tell what parts I would want to delete, if only I could figure out how to do that.

I wrote my sister-in-law, who I think has a movie/video editing program and see if she would recommend hers. I know hers would most probably be an easy to use one, knowing her level of computer knowledge which is pretty much the same as my level.

Hm. I haven't done a video since upgrading to 10. If 10 won't run it I'll have to do some digging for a new editor

Back