what do you think of this drying rack idea?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennyannlowe

Reaction score
a lady posted an ad on craigslist for this organizing shelves for $20.

what do you think it'd work out as a drying rack? thinking about getting it...

any problems using this?

00P0P_2wWejNOKcXn_600x450.jpg

Well, I went and got it. It was definitely worth it! The shelves are adjustable, the shelves are the kind that snap on. The frame is wire but the shelves themselves are plastic. S 25 shelves. For 20 bucks definitely a good deal. The only thing that I might have done differently had I had a chance to design my own rack is to have the shelves ventilated but, beggars can't be choosers. So far I have been using homemade stackable racks made of wooden shims mesh and hot glue which were starting to bow under the weight .

gotta love Craigslist!

Yeah I love it! I was using this homemade rack. Now I get to use this! I was spending half my time lately making racks.
I guess it's supposed to be a paper sorter. Also it's on wheels.

1457311991266.jpg

1457311999570.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just made myself a curing rack today, I only have two loafs curing at the moment but they were on the counter taking up space, and I plan to make a ton more. Someone on here posted a link to a diy orchard rack so I built it.

http://www.ana-white.com/2012/06/pla...-storage-shelf

it has a shopping list of the supplies you will need, it says 14 - 1x3, you will need 18, It wasn't until i got to the last few drawers i realized that the number of boards I had wasn't enough. So I will have to finish the last two drawers tomorrow. looks like it will hold about 420 bars total. so not bad.

20160306_191717.jpg

20160306_201927.jpg

Nice work! You have packed a huge amount of soap storage into a compact space -- I bet this is going to be great to have as you make more and more soap.

If it were me, I would still line the racks with a thin layer of plastic mesh, well washed fabric, or other inert material so the soap doesn't sit directly on the wood. I can't absolutely say the wood might trigger rancidity (DOS), but I'm fairly conservative about what touches my soap just to minimize the possibilities. Well washed hands, clean cotton toweling, etc.

Sudsly! That is what my bf is working on for me! Now that I know it will work I'm gonna start really bugging him.

Back