What do you think of my Christmas Bath Bombs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
I know the pictures aren't great but I literally finished them 10 minutes ago (my kitchen looks like a tornado hit).

Bath Powder inside the glasses. Half of these smell like peppermint, the other half smell like peppermint and hot chocolate. On top is solid bubble bath that smells like gingerbread. The little bite size chocolate smells like gingerbread and is soap. You can't see it very well in the photos but there is jojoba beads (to look like snow) and white w/ blue shift glitter on top. Oh I hope these work out. It's the first time something that worked out for me (I think anyway) in a week.

What do you think? Are they blah or cute? Or just meh?

Attachments

• 20211130_003504.jpg
    20211130_003504.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 82
I think they are cute and I’m not into bath bombs or stuff like that. If you’re selling them, I’ll take two because my daughter’s girlfriend loves that stuff.
Well I wasn't expecting that, I was going to sell them at market lol. I only posted here because I wanted opinions. I rather figure I'll have to make more for the weekend after the coming one.

Well these are twice as big as I usually do. Normally I only charge $5 and my standard aren't fancy (I do make a creamy coconut with blue "icing" and a blue embed in the middle. My new ones look much better than this, I just haven't had a chance to take a pic yet. I LOVE these and they smell so yummy). For the Christmas Cups, it will be $10, unless they don't sell at all. They were fun to make.

1638431324312.png

They are adorable. Please let us know how well they sell at the market. I am doing a craft show this weekend (my first) and I have some bath bombs to sell along with my cold process soaps. I have no idea how well either one will do.
My very first market I sold $140, then it started to average out around $45. I changed to a different market, now I sell around $100 though I broke a sales record last month at $200. It will take time for people to get to know you. At the same market with the record break a girl told me she had been looking for me to buy my stuff so I'm starting to get known. I introduced lip balms and it exploded lol. I almost ran out the first day.

I too think they are super fun. Just curious, how do you deal with the paper cup? Do you just peel it off or maybe they pop out easily?
I put a 6 inch shrink wrap bag over the top, and snipped a spot for the straw to go through, then sealed it with my heat sealer.

Remove the shrink wrap. Since the bomb mix is in powdered form, the solid bubble bath should come off with a little tug or even by just picking it up. There's enough bath bomb powder for two baths and enough solid bubble bath for at least one bath. Both the cup and the straw are paper so they will fall apart in the bath if the customer should choose to use them that way. I decided that since the people most likely to use these were children, I didn't want anything that might harm them to be involved. There isn't a single likely allergen involved with the mix.

Well I wasn't expecting that, I was going to sell them at market lol. I only posted here because I wanted opinions. I rather figure I'll have to make more for the weekend after the coming one.

Well these are twice as big as I usually do. Normally I only charge $5 and my standard aren't fancy (I do make a creamy coconut with blue "icing" and a blue embed in the middle. My new ones look much better than this, I just haven't had a chance to take a pic yet. I LOVE these and they smell so yummy). For the Christmas Cups, it will be $10, unless they don't sell at all. They were fun to make.

I just put in an order for one of them and your Apricot Peach Bath Powder and having them shipped directly to my daughter.

That was you? I just saw it. Really shouldnt be up this late after market day. I'm exhausted but I'm also incredibly stubborn and I downloaded a mod to a video game and it messed everything up so I'm trying to fix it without downloading the whole game over again lol.

I'll get your order out on Monday since the mail is closed tomorrow. So awesome. I really hope you like it, please let me know and a review on google or my facebook page would be awesome. I'm so excited I'm starting to get online orders.

Back