What do you think of my business card?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
Too much? Too little? Suggestions?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.png
    2.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 59
It looks like the first one would be the front of the card, and then the next two are alternate versions of the back? If that's correct, I like the first version of the back (which is the second photo, in the middle). It's cleaner and easier for the eye to find the information.

And I agree with Misschief, everything on the front really pops now. Good job!

VistaPrint has been my business card choice for years and I recently upgraded to the foil cards and I LOVE them!! You can choose what features you want highlighted in foil and I think it would really make your business name/logo pop with silver foil, and maybe your name on the back in yellow/gold foil for your mother's love of yellow roses.
Also - I'm thinking I will get a Dot card. I love my business cards because they are aesthetically pleasing, but I like the practical option of the Dot Cards. Just tap them against your customers' smart phone and your business info is added to their contacts.

Also - I'm thinking I will get a Dot card. I love my business cards because they are aesthetically pleasing, but I like the practical option of the Dot Cards. Just tap them against your customers' smart phone and your business info is added to their contacts.

I'm not familiar with Dot cards. I've been finding that when customers do that (or photograph your card), the card ends up in the garbage and not in their pockets. That becomes a waste of money.

VistaPrint has been my business card choice for years and I recently upgraded to the foil cards and I LOVE them!! You can choose what features you want highlighted in foil and I think it would really make your business name/logo pop with silver foil, and maybe your name on the back in yellow/gold foil for your mother's love of yellow roses.

Speaking as a long time print shop employee (about 20 years), I'd advise caution. Choose one colour of foil as an accent only. In Melissa's case, if I were to advise her in-shop, I'd suggest foil on the logo side only. As well, putting her name in yellow/gold foil makes it more difficult to read. Best advice is to keep it simple.

We use an online trade-only printer to do our foil cards and one of the warnings they have is that there can be up to 1/8" offset when there are fine lines and details so it's something to keep in mind.

I'm not familiar with Dot cards. I've been finding that when customers do that (or photograph your card), the card ends up in the garbage and not in their pockets. That becomes a waste of money.

Speaking as a long time print shop employee (about 20 years), I'd advise caution. Choose one colour of foil as an accent only. In Melissa's case, if I were to advise her in-shop, I'd suggest foil on the logo side only. As well, putting her name in yellow/gold foil makes it more difficult to read. Best advice is to keep it simple.

We use an online trade-only printer to do our foil cards and one of the warnings they have is that there can be up to 1/8" offset when there are fine lines and details so it's something to keep in mind.
The problem is dot cards is that anyone over 25 won't know what they are. I even had to google it.

I'm not looking at foil cards, too expensive. Though embossed might not be bad. I think I'll just go with the normal ones though. The expense isn't worth it when I don't really have the extra money.

You don't give customers the Dot card. You purchase a card and set up your profile with your business info (website/email/phone number/etc.) Then you just tap the card against the customer's phone and your info goes into their contacts. So even if they lose or toss your actual business card, they still have your contact info in their phone. The customer (or potential customer) literally has to do nothing or know anything about technology. TBH I don't know of anyone who has one, so I don't know how well it works, but I think I'll try it out and see.

Granted I tend to be over the top on things, but I foiled everything on my business card, lol! Royal blue for my text and a custom antique gold for my logo. They are divine and the dark blue script is very easy to read.

I love the card! But as people have mentioned in the other thread, the rose doesn't match the name. I was wondering if you would consider removing it from the logo and making a Yellow Rose line of products inspired by your mom.

Latest posts

Back