What do you do with your messed up soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From something Carolyn said on another thread, I think she adds activated charcoal and oatmeal. C, if you see this and I am wrong, please correct/add, I would love to know exactly what you do, too. Her comment there made me rethink my approach to rebatching ("hm, rebatch, or make a new, pretty soap? OK, trash can for you, bad, ugly soap.")
You are correct, I am just not telling how much Oatmeal I use. People love the silly things and they are ugly as sin
Oh talking about goofs and failures remember I recently made a big goof making my camel milk soap, and that is expensive soap to make. As a side note, the charcoal has absorbed some of the large amount of superfat:smile: Think they will make it after a couple months cure. Oh yes, and there is the second batch of camel milk soap and all my friendly forum members failed to mention petitgrain is so strong. Now I have a very strong batch of petitgrain, patchouli and sweet orange. When a scent is strong to me it means it is super strong. Please tell me petitgrain mellow. I don't hate it but it is extremely strong, cannot believe I could not smell it out of the bottle. LOL, my camel milk soaps are driving me crazy

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpaceship View Post
Is stuffing them in a closet and trying and forget they exist an acceptable answer???

It's an honest answer regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay
Funny answer! You must not mess up much.

I'd say a fairly large closet would be more accurate. :)

Latest posts

Back