What do you do with all your soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reallyrita....your home sounds like ours. I give it away to everyone, and it's still overrunning the house (small house).

I think that once the surplus bars are donated, I will probably focus on a few batches of some plain white soap....nice and mild, no strong fragrances or colors to irritate skin and bevel them nicely and send them out in a box.

I'm thinking vegetable soap right now, and I'm thinking of a largely Crisco/veg shortening base. That should keep costs down and get a large amount of soap to people with very little outlay. :)

extra soap

i donate my soap to the local animal shelter that operates along with www.petfinder..com. my dogs are all rescue babies. these people do such a phenomonal job with little or no money. what's great is they are a nationwide network, and you can locate a rescue home in your area.

i also send "care packages" thru the u.s.o. to iraq. no matter what your politics, these are our young men and women, strangers in a foreign land, far from home and family. i include sample sized skincare and haircare items, plus soap.

i have been working through www.anysoldier.com for the last 3 years. it is their goal that no soldier leaves mail call empty handed.

monet

This Christmas, I will take my mom back to visit the nursing home she was in while in recovery for illness. We will take gift bags (to include soaps) for each of the residents.

I'm seriously thinking about donating some to the batter women's and children's shelter in Wilmington. I've volunteered and done some other stuff there before, and most of those women and kids leave with nothing but the clothes on their back.

Welllllll.....I just donated 2 bars to each of the 385 Frontier employees effected by Fay in Deland Fl. I still have WAY more than I need....But this is what I do with all of the "fun" batches I make and am not sure if I will sell or not. I still have far far far too much soap in this house though.....

I think every one of you that donates deserve a pat on the back. Once I get my soap going in full swing I am planning to do the same. My thanks to you especially Heart of Dixie for remembering our armed forces. As the uncle of a soldier and veteran myself your generosity is greatly appreciated. Also if any of you live on or near a military post/port, don't forget about the family our military leaves behind. I'm sure there are many wives/husbands in the post's Officer or NCO clubs that could use a "Calgon, take me away!" moment. Using handmade soap of course.

Latest posts

Back