What do you do when it gets hot?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
so what do you guys do when it's so hot outside and you don't want to cook..other than throwing a loaf of bread to the family :lol:

What else is there other than sandwiches and salads?

I try to keep a giant fruit salad in the fridge each week w/ whatever fruits are on sale at the store. Maybe apples, oranges, starwberies & raspberries. I dump a can on peaches on top & the juice seems to keep all the other fruits healthy for the better part of a week.

Here's my old standby....definitely 1960's but cool, refreshing and delicious.

Seafood Louis

Shred some lettuce with your chefs knife and mound onto individual plates.

Take cooked seafood that you like, Krab Delights, crab, shrimp, tuna even, and mound in center.

Add mayonnaise to a small bowl.....thin with a touch of cream.....add some chili sauce, a dash of lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.

Drizzle over the seafood and garnish salad with hard cooked eggs, scallions, and black olives. YUM!

That sounds good.

I forgot my mom used to make a rice salad that was really refreshing and to die for.

I make chicory fruit salad- Sounds odd but tastes good!

Don't have a recipe, just throw in everything as I please :oops:
Cut out the bitter stumb and heart of the chicory, add blocks of apple, slices of orange, small blocks of cheese, ham and hardboiled eggs. Season with some pepper & salt and drizzle some lemon juice over it cause the chicory & apple tend to brown. And right before serving add some mayonaise, a bit of vinnegar and a drizzle of oilive oil

On a cooler day I grill a whole bag of chicken breast. Some are plain, some marinated. Let them cool, wrap them individually and freeze. On the hot days, we make a large salad and top it with grilled chicken!!!!

Rosey said:
so what do you guys do when it's so hot outside and you don't want to cook

Fish Tacos from California Tortilla. Best food in.the.world.

ETA: except Wahoo's, and we don't have one in Virginia. :(

Back