What do you desire in a bath bomb?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taboo

Reaction score
Things like colorful or no, heavy or lighter, sizes, prices, etc.
What makes your ideal bath bomb?

I don't use them, except on a rare occasion, but I can tell you what I don't want. I don't want to feel like I have to clean out my tub after using one. So, light color, light amount of oils (or none) and no botanicals. I do enjoy the fizz, so something large enough to last awhile (more than 30 seconds anyway), and soothing essential oils.

I like a little bit of colour, but not enough to leave a coloured ring around the tub or tint the water too brightly. I also like a fair amount of oils like cocoa or mango butter, and a good dose of essential oil.

I make mine pretty big - in the BB stainless steel mold, sometimes I add a few botanicals, and I use LaBomb colours, but not enough to dye the water too vividly.

Agree with dibbles, I don't want to have to clean out my tub after!

I like a subtle color and scent with lots of fizzing and bubbling. I also like a little conditioning and add cocoa butter for that.

No botanicals for me. Skin softening butters or oils, I don't mind cleaning the tub afterwards, but I do stay awhile in the tub to make it worth the trouble! Fun fizz, I sound like a kid, but I like to play with my bath bomb while it fizzes! :)

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!
Having a bunch of different opinions helps give me an idea of what different types of people may want.

For my folks:
Color (especially enough to change the water)
Long fizzing
Bubbles from SLSA
Highly scented
Mango butter (instead of cocoa that makes us all break out)
Poly 80 to emulsify that oil into the water and keep the tub clean (makes the water feel really nice too)

I may have to invest into some poly 80, looks like Brambleberry has it inexpensive for a pound.

My ideal bath bomb would contain oils for moisturization and polysorbate so that it doesn't leave a ring on my tub. Color isn't really that important as long as it doesn't stain the skin or tub. Also I have a tendency to dislike bath bombs containing flowers and coarse glitters that get stuck in the drain.

Some good additives are powdered honey, clays and goats milk. :)

I hate glitter. Yuck. Definitely s good kick from an EO/FO citrus anything and a dose of poly to make all those oils dreamy in the water. I'm drooling just talking about this
My ideal bath bomb would contain oils for moisturization and polysorbate so that it doesn't leave a ring on my tub. Color isn't really that important as long as it doesn't stain the skin or tub. Also I have a tendency to dislike bath bombs containing flowers and coarse glitters that get stuck in the drain.

Some good additives are powdered honey, clays and goats milk. :)

Good call on the goats milk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back