What Do You Blend With Grapefruit or Pomegranate?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm making my sister's birthday soap tomorrow. Since it's on Valentine's Day, I have only enough time (dang holiday chaos, lol). I have the recipe planned out, oils weighed, colors mixed, but.... I CAN't DECIDE ON THE SCENT! I really hate when this happens. I'd like to make a blend with either Grapefruit (FO WSP) or Pomegranate (FO Peak). She likes fruity and herbal, not much into floral. Any suggestions?

Lemon verbena goes great with grapefruit. Any citrus blends with it as well. Maybe a dash of frankincense or amber. As for pomegranate I'd say any citrus as well. Even berry

Oooohhh, I have frankincense. Also ylang ylang for the romatic touch, lol. Mint popped into my head a minute ago. I have peppermint, spearmint (EO's) and BB's Moroccan Mint. Hmmm.....

I love that grapefruit on its own but I've also blended it with peppermint in a salt bar and really liked it.

Any citrus blend would work with either of those, imho.

Thanks luebella & Jules! I think I'll do a couple of q-tip sniffies blending with lemon verbena and mint to see what I think. I'll also do another one blending the grapefruit & pomegranate together, just for fun. I always do this to myself - stress out when it's something special for a specific person and specific occasion. Like I can't make more soap, lol!

Latest posts

Back