What do you all do with the burlap (?) bags from Nurture Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdc1978

Reaction score
I'm posting this here, because I feel like Nurture Soap probably targets soapers, but may sell items for other crafts

I enjoy ordering from NS, I love getting a freebie, I like getting free shipping. But every freebie comes in that little burlap drawstring bag, which is very cute, but seems kinda useless.

Does anyone have a good or creative use for them, you guys are a very creative group, so I know if ANYONE has thought of what to do with these little bags, it is the forum members here.

I hate waste, but I also hate clutter and if there isn't any good way to repurpose them I'm just going to throw them away.

I was saving them because they are cute, but they have the logo on them, so I really didn't have anything to repurpose them for, so I finally threw them away.

Without the logo I probably would have used them for bath teas.

I was today years old when I first learned about a bath tea! I'll have to see more about what it involves, I don't know too many people who take baths, but if I could find friends and family who don't care about the logo, do you think the bag would work?

You can use the bags to give sample soaps or single use soaps. And if the logo is small you can paste a small plastic/cloth flower or anything decorative over it to hide it.

I use such bags to give sample soaps to my friends as a gift.

IMG_20210227_132232389~2.jpg

Last edited:
I was today years old when I first learned about a bath tea! I'll have to see more about what it involves, I don't know too many people who take baths, but if I could find friends and family who don't care about the logo, do you think the bag would work?
You can use those bags no problem. I was thinking along the lines of selling, so I didn't want the logo. I guess I could have kept them for personal bath teas LOL.

You can use the bags to give sample soaps or single use soaps. And if the logo is small you can paste a small plastic/cloth flower or anything decorative over it to hide it.

Oh thats a cute idea. I'm not a super crafter so I might not have such a flower handy. And then do you think I'd be sticking them with a superfluous bag? But it's a cute idea and maybe someone could use it if they just wanted to use the soap to scent a drawer.

You can use those bags no problem. I was thinking along the lines of selling, so I didn't want the logo. I guess I could have kept them for personal bath teas LOL.

LOL, youre welcome to like my 7 burlap drawstring bags if you'd like them. I truly love the idea of repurposing things. I'm just not sure if I'm artistic or crafty enough for it!

Oh thats a cute idea. I'm not a super crafter so I might not have such a flower handy. And then do you think I'd be sticking them with a superfluous bag? But it's a cute idea and maybe someone could use it if they just wanted to use the soap to scent a drawer.
Even some colorful buttons would do, if you have them.
I just uploaded a pic.

I just re-read your post...you don't take baths?? Oh my gosh you don't know what you are missing LOL.

You can put anything in your bag...I like chamomile and lavender (and rose petals when they weren't so expensive to buy) at night. Calendula and oatmeal. Sky's the limit. (Chamomile...caution, ragweed similar allergen).

You can add epsom salt, a couple (1 or 2) of drops of an EO like lavender, bits of cocoa butter etc. Oh my gosh, milk powder. So many possibilities LOL. Dried citrus peels...

Now I am kicking myself for tossing those bags. I don't hang them from the faucet like I have seen on some websites, I never even thought of that. I just toss them in the tub while its filling and once in a while squish it up as I am soaking.

The main thing I use them for is hanging pot pourri sort of things. I can’t stand to waste a smidge of EO or FO. So, I wipe out all my soaping scent containers with a paper towel, put the paper towel in the little bag, and hang it somewhere out of site. I’ve got them behind a door, in drawers, behind the bathroom sink, next to the trash can...
I also just read about using a muslin bag with corn starch in it for lightly dusting hands when working with soap dough. So, I’ll probably use one for that..

@Catscankim i swear to you and am not lying when I say id be happy to send them to you.. they weigh almost nothing and id be so freaking tickled for them not to go to waste. Your bath teas are such a great idea. No baths for me and I have so many soaping projects both actual and hypothetical that I'm not sure id get around to it or do a good job of it.

The main thing I use them for is hanging pot pourri sort of things. I can’t stand to waste a smidge of EO or FO. So, I wipe out all my soaping scent containers with a paper towel, put the paper towel in the little bag, and hang it somewhere out of site. I’ve got them behind a door, in drawers, behind the bathroom sink, next to the trash can...
I also just read about using a muslin bag with corn starch in it for lightly dusting hands when working with soap dough. So, I’ll probably use one for that..

I haven't made soap dough yet- see post above referencing hypothetical soap projects for the year LOL. But I think the idea of using the last bit of fo as a potpourri is pretty cool.

But if I may ask a stupid question how are you getting to the bottom of the fo container? Most of mine are glass. But i do have some plastic ones from ns too.

I use such bags to give sample soaps to my friends as a gift.

View attachment 54499
This so pretty!

As always this forum delivers! I learned something new and have some great ideas. You all are so creative

I haven't made soap dough yet- see post above referencing hypothetical soap projects for the year LOL. But I think the idea of using the last bit of fo as a potpourri is pretty cool.

But if I may ask a stupid question how are you getting to the bottom of the fo container? Most of mine are glass. But i do have some plastic ones from ns too.
I wipe out the small glass jar that I measure the FO or EO into with the paper towel, the bottle I turn upside down on top of a paper towel, which is in the small jar, and leave it for a couple of days.
(side note, I’ll sometimes put a bit of liquid oils into the bottle and shake it around, then let it drain, and use as massage oil. Yeah, I hate wasting any! 😆)

Back