What do you all do with the burlap (?) bags from Nurture Soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Sudds

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wipe out the small glass jar that I measure the FO or EO into with the paper towel, the bottle I turn upside down on top of a paper towel, which is in the small jar, and leave it for a couple of days.
(side note, I’ll sometimes put a bit of liquid oils into the bottle and shake it around, then let it drain, and use as massage oil. Yeah, I hate wasting any! 😆)
Your house must smell amazing! I need to stash some fragrant paper towels around, that's such a good idea! I would put them in my organza bags.

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you live somewhere that has composting available, I think these bags could go there - not sure though.
I compost. This would be a good additiion. I would cut/shred up the bags though first. They might take too long to decompose, at least in my compost bin.

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until this post I forgot how much I loved to take baths LOL. Bath tea script contained lavender buds, epsom salt, oatmeal, and bits of refined shea butter. I am in zzzzzzen. LOL. BTW I was in meltdown mode earlier.

Going to bed a whole two hours earlier than normal. Good night.

Lin19687

Reaction score
Put potpourri or soap shavings in them, then put in the closet or linen basket ?

If you wash them first and dry, fill with bath milk ( the dry kind) and toss in the tub while filling up

rdc1978

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put potpourri or soap shavings in them, then put in the closet or linen basket ?

If you wash them first and dry, fill with bath milk ( the dry kind) and toss in the tub while filling up
Ahhh, this is an excellent idea as well. I'm not a bath taker and for some reason I have had a difficult time finding anyone who is. Baths are all the rage, I don't know how I only know shower people! but by golly, what a great idea with the soap shavings. I save mine and I'm not even sure what for, because I currently don't do anything with them. Its similar to the great idea about using the last bits of f/o in the bag.

Latest posts