What do people prefer at craft fairs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm donating soap to a non profit to sell at a fundraiser.

So far I have rosemary mint, lavender, Arabian Spice, Frosted Birch/Juniper, Nurture's 8th and Ocean.

I have a break from my anatomy class, so I can make 3 more. Would people buy more standard unholiday soap, or Christmas soap?

(I'm considering Satsuma, Nurture's Winter Wonderland, peppermint, blackberry sage, some kind of floral) What sells this time of year?

Your selection sounds wonderful. I would add a fruity option, and a rose scented soap. Then you've got a touch of everything. Any floral is probably fine, but rose is a classic and makes a great gift. It is also a scent I am asked for frequently.

Good luck with your show! :smalltree::dancingsanta::smalltree:

Dragon's Blood, Lavender, Eucalyptus and plumeria are some of my best sellers. Listed in order. Sadly, I have never had much luck with Christmas scents

people really love dragon blood? I have a bottle and have not used it. It smells lice incense to me.

people really love dragon blood? I have a bottle and have not used it. It smells lice incense to me.
Oh yes, people love it, but I do not know what yours smells like. Mine is a very complex scent and similar to the one sold at Pure Fragrance Oils, but mine does not get as dark and is stronger. It is a fragrance I purchase in very large amounts.

I love Dragon's Blood scented soap; of course it darkens soap, so plan a darker palette. Lemongrass is also a favorite of mine and both my sons also like it as well. I know some people like Energy, but it gives me a headache.

Besides fragrances, what draws me to a soap is also color. Vibrant colors draw me to them more than pastels, but if I were to choose between soaps I would choose one where the scent and fragrance are harmonious. In other words if the fragrance is not harmonious with the color(s) in the soap, I wouldn't buy it.

One of my most frequent questions I get bar-none every year is "what scent do you have that's good for a man". So I do have a lot of "men's" type fragrances. This year, by far my number one seller was a man's scent I blended myself that I called Scottish Moors. It's a mix of Celtic Storm, a touch of Embargo, with a bit of Cool Water and Duck Farts (LOL - an Aztec scent, I always change the name - it's like a fruity water scent) People loved it and couldn't get enough of it.

But I agree with earlene, vibrant colors and harmonious scents will draw them to my booth every time.

Back