what do i do with extra?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy

Reaction score
i am trying my hand at making soy candles and i followed directions, but i have a little bit of extra wax left over. i poured it into a silicone mold to let it get hard but can i save it and use it later on once i have more jars? i already colored and scented it with the rest of my batch so i am not sure if remelting it will mess anything up?

krissy said:
i am trying my hand at making soy candles and i followed directions, but i have a little bit of extra wax left over. i poured it into a silicone mold to let it get hard but can i save it and use it later on once i have more jars? i already colored and scented it with the rest of my batch so i am not sure if remelting it will mess anything up?
Is it pillar wax or container wax? Either way you can use them as tart melts in a little tart melter.. If it's not scented, but just colored, then yes you can add to another batch... You can even if it is scented, but it may not be as strong if you remelt and add it to another batch...
If it's container wax it may be a bit hard to get out of the silicone mold because container wax tends to be softer than pillar wax...

I hope this helps...

it is soy container wax, and already scented and colored. i put it in the freezer for a few mins and got the wax out of the silicone. :) thanks!

Latest posts

Back