What did you eat today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's breakfast time here, so my eats are polenta, made with milk instead of water, and waaaay too much chilli, served with pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and some (ok, a lot 😅) of grated cheese mixed in. Now it's time to get some work done! :thumbs:

It's breakfast time here, so my eats are polenta, made with milk instead of water, and waaaay too much chilli, served with pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and some (ok, a lot 😅) of grated cheese mixed in. Now it's time to get some work done! :thumbs:
That’s a really good filling breakfast. And healthy😊

Last night:
Moroccan chicken

Chicken cubes stewed in preserved lemon, olive oil, green olives, saffron, garlic, cumin, koriander, pepper, sea salt.

Instant cooker pot 45 minutes.
Served with brown mixed white basmati.

Today I had the hand pockets that I froze a few days ago.

Now, I tried them a few ways over the past few days...oven, air fryer..... oddly enough, they best way I have had them was in the microwave. I don't normally microwave anything. Its like my expensive popcorn maker.

I dunno, i guess they stayed a little more moist that way, and since they were pre cooked, they didn't get soggy. They are perfect for lunch. Unless you are like me and eat 3 or 4 instead of two LOL.

Today I made a nice Sunday Supper (my culinary POV if I ever get a food network show - lol).
Chuck Roast cooked with onion, celery, mushrooms, a bit of tomato paste, herbs and seasoning
Mashed potatoes whipped with real butter and heavy cream
Mushroom brown gravy and a can of corn
Hubby says my roast dinners are just like his grandma used to make.… ☺️

@Catscankim - what is in the hand pockets? I love a good hand pie! 🥰

We're having another heat wave so it's frozen pizza leftovers and Chef's salad all week. Then it will be time to defrost and roast the pork tenderloin and kobocha squash!

And popsicles for desert.

I’m in southern California for the next two weeks visiting with my son and DIL. He LOVES to cook and to eat, which is exactly what will be happening for my entire visit. The Day 1 highlight was poke bowls made with tuna caught by his friend, sushi rice, pineapple, cilantro, avocado, onion, crispy onion and garlic, three different sauces and other things I’m sure I’ve forgotten. It’s not the best photo, but oh, yum, it was delicious.

EFA24455-D65B-4F94-9C6B-C57B1686D01A.jpeg
I had a Negroni cocktail before dinner. World fusion dining is fine with me.
7A148601-B7DD-4203-9975-EBF4675E377C.jpeg

I made french bread pizza with a loaf from the local bakery Hubbys was cheeseburger pizza with jalapeños, mine had fewer toppings and sun dried tomatoes on it. Served with a nice salad. A little naughty and a little nice 🌸

a pastie made with puff pastry, 2 raw salmon and avocado californian rolls, a chocolate bar, and an avocado with a drizzle of lemon and a pinch of salt at the end of the day 😅

Today I ate something that I eat very rarely, and I need to fix it :) I made steamed broccoli and mushrooms. I also made very tasty chicken cutlets with cheese and green onions in the oven. The family asked for more :D

This weekend I also made something I rarely make: a lamb roast. Hubby found one on sale at Costco. It was still pricey but he splurged.

I was torn between roasting and sous vide, and ended up roasting it. It was rubbed with a blend of onions, garlic, kosher salt, and fresh rosemary that was sautéed in EVOO. Sides were bacon wrapped asparagus and rice.

Turned out amazing, and we have leftovers for days. 🥰😋😋

On Mondays I don't really get to eat breakfast until around 11:30, which feels too close to lunch, so I often just have something in between and call it lunch.

Today was my version of spicy fried rice topped with hard-boiled egg slices with an egg roll on the side. It turned out to be just want I wanted.

Some friends gave us a big chunk of Maitake mushroom. I pan fried a bit of it but it was a little gritty so I turned the rest into broth that I can strain through a coffee filter. Soup’s up next.

Latest posts

Back