What did you eat today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooo a gadget junkie!! :)
I forgot to mention that we also have the Instant Pot Vortex air fryer. That rotating basket makes the best french fries and does wonders with frozen egg rolls!

I don't even feel guilty because we use these gadgets all the time, like literally every single day :)

Yes, we do, too! We had a basket-style mini IP air fryer, which we loved... until it died suddenly just 5 weeks after we got it. I'm still on the hunt for a small, dependable air fryer since my husband doesn't like using the big IP - too many buttons and options. I'll probably get him a small one for Father's Day. :)

@cerelife I love it when another gadget junkie makes me feel good about all the ones I own 😁 I don't have a 3qt IP, but I do have the 8qt Pro that is a combo IP and air fryer. I use it at least once a day!

I bought a Lunch Crock Pot as a garage sale for $5.00 NIB. If I had known how much they were, I would have bought the second one. I use it at work all the time and I love it. I use it for soups and leftovers…takes about 2 hours.

Sounds absolutely marvelous. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Bet the Cornish game hen would've been great with the tahini mixture...

Full fat yoghurt for breakfast (one cup). Coffee w/milk & cream.
1 tamale plain for lunch.
Fried rice for dinner. Pork tenderloin cut into small pieces and cooked, 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage, one grated carrot, one cup cooked rice, one spice packet for fried rice. Easy and enough to feed two people for three days! Ate about 3 cups.
Wine w/dinner.
Apricots and cream for dessert.

Am going to look into this mochi rice. I love rice.
If you're a gooey person, you'll enjoy it. 😂 I bought my mochigome at Hmart, but this'll help you know what to look for.

A garden tomato sandwich with Blue Plate mayo and dill pickles on the side.Watermelon for dessert. I love summertime in the south!!

We LOVE our Instant Pots!! Best bone broth EVER!! We use the little 3 quart one for boiled eggs and also when we want perfect steel cut oatmeal in the morning, and the 6 quart one for sooo much stuff!
I also have one of those Itaki Magic Lunch Boxes that I keep at work for healthy fresh meals (my go-to is cabbage and onions with sesame oil/chili garlic paste/fish sauce- but sometimes curry paste when the mood strikes me). It has a a little pan on top for a single serving of rice and it all steams perfectly and smells so good!
I just bought a Topwit electric hotpot and a case of Mama brand Tom Yum Shrimp noodle packs for my 'guilty pleasure' work lunches. The calories aren't bad (280) but the sodium is pretty high. I'll even it out with lots of green onions and cilantro :)
I love cabbage & onions fried in sesame oil with sesame seeds. I'll have to try it with some chili garlic sauce one of these days. I don't think I have any so I'll add it to my shopping list.

I had not heard of the Magic Lunch Box. I had to look it up. It looks quite handy.

Today was "clean out fridge-freezer-pantry" night. First, there was some frozen whole milk from when our grandkids were visiting, and also some frozen leftover ham from Christmas dinner (which had been chopped up in the food processor). Then there was a random package of pepper jack queso seasoning, and random partial bags of frozen peas, frozen corn, frozen mushrooms and frozen onions.

So, I tossed some GF pasta in the IP while I stir-fried all the frozen veggies with the frozen diced ham. Nuked the frozen milk to get it defrosted enough to heat up with the queso mix to make a cheesy sauce for the pasta. Tossed in the veggie-ham mix and it looks great. I can't eat it due to the dairy content, but Hubs be like, "Ooooh, make this again!"

Sorry dear, that was a once-in-a-lifetime mishmash of leftovers. Enjoy it while it lasts. 😂

The Itaki Magic Lunchbox is pretty amazing!
Like @Catscankim , I work as a CT Tech in a large busy hospital and our cafeteria is terrible even if you can manage to take a lunch/dinner break when they're open.
All of my seasonings are safe in the CT break room and fridge since no one is interested in my 'weirdo' food :) I keep a bag of jasmine rice in my locker and just bring a baggie of fresh cabbage and onions to work.
The Itaki is basically a little bento steamer pot. It takes about 30 minutes to cook the cabbage/onions and rice, but if you get busy and can't get to your lunch, it cycles on and off as the steam drips off the lid and back into the water well. I've had delays of over an hour because the ICU brought me a critical patient or I've had a Code Stroke called, The first time I though for sure my lunch would be ruined - mushy veggies and rice paste - but nope, I still had piping hot slightly crunchy cabbage and onions and fluffy rice!
This little gadget is a life-saver if you work in healthcare or any busy workplace!

I had a Grilled Cheese for lunch. Can’t remember the last time I had one since we rarely had sandwich bread in the house.

For supper I chose Panera…half Poppy Seed Strawberry Salad, half Turkey & Avacado.

I had a Grilled Cheese for lunch. Can’t remember the last time I had one since we rarely had sandwich bread in the house.

For supper I chose Panera…half Poppy Seed Strawberry Salad, half Turkey & Avacado.
Grilled cheese with tomato sandwich for lunch is my favorite thing in our cafeteria.

No, im lying. It USED to be. I ate it every day. My new favorite thing is a cheese quesadilla with mushrooms. The girl at the checkout is like “all cheese. All you do is eat cheese” lol.

Well, our cafeteria sucks, and i have had the “pleasure” of eating hospital food…every single day for 27 years lol.

I dont eat a lot of meat, but i guess today i was craving someting. So i got chicken, rice, and corn. I opened my container and said it looked like a low sodium heart diet. I tried eating it. Anyway, glad i got a backup side dish…strawberry cheesecake lol.

so that was my lunch today. Cheesecake and a cup of coffee. Our cafeteria is so bad…

I ordered instant Cream of Wheat from Amazon…I love it for breakfast. I have a large soup cup…two envelopes, hot water, butter and brown sugar. Not super healthy, but it fills me up and keeps the brain working. And I’m going to need it tomorrow because I have to fill out a spreadsheet that is going to takes me a good eight hours…if I get it right the first time. I tried to talk the boss out of it as I bill out at $85.00 an hour, but the client doesn’t care. Pisses me off because I have other work that needs to be done too.

Today I ate... an english muffin with homemade strawberry jelly on it and a medium glass of milk for breakfast. For lunch I ate half a chicken salad sandwich, fritos, a square of fudge, and half a can of Pepsi. And for dinner I had left over baked ziti, a slice of homemade bread, and a tall glass of Milos tea with lemonade. Then about two hours ago I at a somewhat stale chocolate iced doughnut with a large glass of milk. I also tried cooked beat greens at supper because my mother was experimenting with making them for the second time. Let's just say they weren't good. 😖 Also around that time I ate a considerable amount of chevre that I made a few days ago. I was flavoring it with some rosemary and thyme and doing a lot of test tasting, now that was delicious. 🤤

Well, our cafeteria sucks, and i have had the “pleasure” of eating hospital food…every single day for 27 years lol.

.... Our cafeteria is so bad…

Hospital food! I worked at a few hospitals in my career, both while in training and once I was licensed and can really empathize. There was one hospital in our county (this was long ago in California) that had such good food that people used to come there just to eat in the cafeteria. I did it a few times myself. Really good food. I have no idea if it lives up to the same quality now as I have not been there in decades to find out.

Others, not so much. My MIL's nursing home (before CoVid) used to have guest meals for certain holidays so family could eat with their loved ones. Well, you can really do that anytime, but the holidays were the most common. The food sucks! I don't know how my MIL can tolerate it, except to say that she was never much of a cook herself, so her standards are somewhat different than my own. But my husband agrees, the food is awfully unappetizing.

Hubby will be leaving for a week this afternoon, so I can eat however I want (which I normally do anyway) at whatever time I choose (usually do anyway), without having to consider making a meal for him to fit his hunger patterns, which are a bit different from my own. He will eat restaurant food and probably have steak 3 or 4 times while he is gone, as well as other food I haven't made in ages. I rarely cook meat for him anymore. I used to, but just don't as much anymore.

Food on the agenda for today:

1. Pickled carrots, then I'll make some more since there are only a few left in the jar.

2. An item I learned to love that my DIL makes which consists of chia seeds soaked in beverage of choice (this week it will be coconut/almond milk), then mixed into some very thick Icelandic yogurt, fresh strawberries (in the fridge) & fresh blueberries (if restocked at the market.) If not, I may thaw out some frozen fruits to add to the mix. DIL adds a dollop of peanut butter, but I add actual slivers of almonds on top instead. It's good with breakfast and also a satisfying desert or even salad with any other meal.

Today for lunch I had leftover pizza from yesterday. I always order the large pizza because I figure thats what they know how to make best lol. I only am good for two slices, so I have almost a whole pie leftover.

Then I did some gardening and got hangry, so I had pimento cheese and wheat thins. I took a nap and woke up craving a bagel. My friend at work makes the best homemade bagels that I have ever tasted. She gave me a big bag of them...paired with my own homemade strawberry jam. The bomb dot com.

I know, not a very healthy menu today lol. Since I took a nap I am wired for sound. I will probably be up late, so maybe I will cut into the cucumber I picked today :) ...after I take a pepcid and some tums. Cucumbers give me heartburn. I will be making pickles with the rest, which oddly enough fixes heartburn for me.

Today for lunch I had leftover pizza from yesterday. I always order the large pizza because I figure thats what they know how to make best lol. I only am good for two slices, so I have almost a whole pie leftover.

Then I did some gardening and got hangry, so I had pimento cheese and wheat thins. I took a nap and woke up craving a bagel. My friend at work makes the best homemade bagels that I have ever tasted. She gave me a big bag of them...paired with my own homemade strawberry jam. The bomb dot com.

I know, not a very healthy menu today lol. Since I took a nap I am wired for sound. I will probably be up late, so maybe I will cut into the cucumber I picked today :) ...after I take a pepcid and some tums. Cucumbers give me heartburn. I will be making pickles with the rest, which oddly enough fixes heartburn for me.
If eating vinegar-y things like pickles fixes your heartburn, that typically means you have too little stomach acid, not too much. And those proton pump inhibitors are now proving to have lots of awful side effects.

Maybe try a tsp of ACV in a half-cup of cold water (I use sparkling), perhaps with some powdered ginger and a little honey mixed in for taste and additional stomach-calming benefits. It sounds counter-intuitive but works almost every time for me.

LOL, I thought I was the only person in the world that thought vinegar/pickles fixed heartburn. If I am ordering a hoagie, if they don't have pickles then I won't get it. I thought it was a strange thing, but being from Philly...we eat a lot of hoagies. I just happened to notice that I never got heartburn when there were pickles on it.

But baking soda also works wonders as well. And I can eat spicey all day with no problem. Sometimes a glass a water will cause heartburn LOL.

A couple of years ago my NP prescribed Zantac, now recalled. But it was the best thing. I feel like it made all my stomach issues completely disappear. Prilosec helps to a point, but not like zantac. Sometimes I'm like...I would rather risk the cancer. Give me back my Zantac. Not really, it just worked that well for me.

She also suspected a hiatal hernia. I guess it could be, but probably just good old fashioned reflux. I have had it all my life, and every single person on my dad's side has the same problem. My daughter was actually diagnosed when she was 5 weeks old.

But of course, always up for remedies. The ACV in water sounds like a viable solution since pickles help. Definitely will give that a shot. Or just shots of pickle juice LOL.

Last night we had blackened red fish, tomato pie, a salad a d blueberry cobbler for dessert

Back