What did you eat today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I didn't go food shopping this week, and I had to resort to putting random things together for dinner as I was absolutely starving.

In my freezer I found (while cleaning it out) a frozen cornish game hen. So I defrosted and marinated that. I planned on putting it on the grill, but I guess I am out of gas and didn't feel like changing the tank.

I also found some leftover hummus, but nothing to dip in it, but that reminded me how much I love tahini. This stuff is brand new to me since I started making my own hummus. OMG I eat it with a spoon. ..the tahini. Well, the hummus too.

I looked up a recipe to include tahini and found a sauce for noodles. Now I don't even want to eat the chicken that is resting because I am in love with this noodle tahini stuff LOL.

i used egg noodles, but I think it would have been phenominal with ramen noodles.

1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup water
tbsp soy sauce
tbsp lemon juice
tbsp honey
ginger
garlic

I can't remember the exact amount for ginger and garlic. I just squirted some paste of each to taste. Also added some hot sauce because who doesn't like hot sauce in everything?

Yummers. Easy peasy side dish.

We have seasoned potatoes in the Instant Pot, and tri-tip on the grill. When it comes off the grill, the shredded Brussels sprouts that are tossed in bacon grease and mixed with cut-up bits of bacon will go into the 450F oven. By the time the tri-tip is done resting and has been carved, the Brussels sprouts will be super crispy (just shy of burnt). It's one of our favorite dinners and pretty easy to throw together.

But now all I want is sushi and curry. 🤣

Last edited:
I had a Pampered Chef party one time, and the girl asked my to buy brussels sprouts for it. I'm like "eeewwww" but ok. She made this dip, using a PC gadget of course. I fell in love with brussels sprouts after that. I just love them, and am actually putting them in my garden.

So I didn't go food shopping this week, and I had to resort to putting random things together for dinner as I was absolutely starving.

In my freezer I found (while cleaning it out) a frozen cornish game hen. So I defrosted and marinated that. I planned on putting it on the grill, but I guess I am out of gas and didn't feel like changing the tank.

I also found some leftover hummus, but nothing to dip in it, but that reminded me how much I love tahini. This stuff is brand new to me since I started making my own hummus. OMG I eat it with a spoon. ..the tahini. Well, the hummus too.

I looked up a recipe to include tahini and found a sauce for noodles. Now I don't even want to eat the chicken that is resting because I am in love with this noodle tahini stuff LOL.

i used egg noodles, but I think it would have been phenominal with ramen noodles.

1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup water
tbsp soy sauce
tbsp lemon juice
tbsp honey
ginger
garlic

I can't remember the exact amount for ginger and garlic. I just squirted some paste of each to taste. Also added some hot sauce because who doesn't like hot sauce in everything?

That sounds really good! We had noodles too (somen), with a soy/ginger/sesame sauce and grilled chicken and vegetables.

Yesterday was our Farmer's Market - first of the season. Not much in the way of produce to choose from, but I was able to buy some fresh Kale & Mustard Greens. So for lunch I sautéed some onions, garlic & sweet peppers (yellow & orange ones). When they were ready, I added some kale & turnip greens, let them heat up & soften. A bit of a stir to coat with the sautéeing oil & it was a very satisfying light meal. The peppers & onions were done to a sweet perfection thanks to salt & my slow cooker. I love how salt brings out the sweet in onions.

I also cut up some kale stems & added them to the rice along with a small amount of kale leaves, turnip greens & arugula. The rice went with the vegetarian 'chicken' patty that we ate for lunch/breakfast (breakfast for me/lunch for Hubby).

Yesterday was our Farmer's Market - first of the season. Not much in the way of produce to choose from, but I was able to buy some fresh Kale & Mustard Greens. So for lunch I sautéed some onions, garlic & sweet peppers (yellow & orange ones). When they were ready, I added some kale & turnip greens, let them heat up & soften. A bit of a stir to coat with the sautéeing oil & it was a very satisfying light meal. The peppers & onions were done to a sweet perfection thanks to salt & my slow cooker. I love how salt brings out the sweet in onions.

I also cut up some kale stems & added them to the rice along with a small amount of kale leaves, turnip greens & arugula. The rice went with the vegetarian 'chicken' patty that we ate for lunch/breakfast (breakfast for me/lunch for Hubby).
Wow, that’s a lot of trouble for lunch. I usually have something really easy: peanut butter on a Matzo or a heated up from frozen Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich.

Wow, that’s a lot of trouble for lunch. I usually have something really easy: peanut butter on a Matzo or a heated up from frozen Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich.
For fresh greens, the trouble is worth it to me. I prefer lots of different greens (as fresh as possible) and they also have to be cleaned prior to use, so that's a little more trouble. But I do like my greens! And it really isn't hard; it can take time of course, what with all the cleaning to get the sand off before cooking & all. But fresh produce is such a pleasure to eat, I don't consider this a difficult task by any means. Yes, sometimes I do take a less - work route, like pre-packaged salads that come with the dressing and all.

And for me lunch (midday) is the bigger meal. Dinner (or the evening meal) is usually the 'easier' meal because that's just the way I eat. I know that 'dinner' can sometimes mean 'lunch' depending on where a person comes from, so I thought I should clarify. ;)

For fresh greens, the trouble is worth it to me. I prefer lots of different greens (as fresh as possible) and they also have to be cleaned prior to use, so that's a little more trouble. But I do like my greens! And it really isn't hard; it can take time of course, what with all the cleaning to get the sand off before cooking & all. But fresh produce is such a pleasure to eat, I don't consider this a difficult task by any means. Yes, sometimes I do take a less - work route, like pre-packaged salads that come with the dressing and all.

And for me lunch (midday) is the bigger meal. Dinner (or the evening meal) is usually the 'easier' meal because that's just the way I eat. I know that 'dinner' can sometimes mean 'lunch' depending on where a person comes from, so I thought I should clarify. ;)
That sounds like something I would love, however, my husband is old school and prefers the evening meal to be the largest.

Never heard of “Jack in the Crack”!
Jack in the Box

We had all sorts of 'names' for various places growing up in the 70s:

Taco Bell = Taco He**
Hasty Freeze = Hasty Hole
Artic Circle = AC Greasy
McDonald's = Micky Ds
Y-Drive Inn = Why Not
Kentucky Fried Chicken = Killer F****** Chicken (mods...I put the *** in)
Taco Time = Taco Clock

Today so far: Half a can of pepsi (so far), a cup of very yummy white cheddar popcorn, and one of my carnation breakfast drinks (I love those milk chocolate ones). I didn't wake up until 2 pm though. It's been a very very long couple of weeks and I've been frankly exhausted.

Yesterday: three cans of pepsi, two of my breakfast drinks, two delicious chicken sandwiches with mayo and colby jack cheese, a slice of sweet something, think it was cake, strawberry and banana yogurt.

My husband says I eat like a bird. So how is it that my weight fluctuates between 180 and 200 lbs then.

I bought a big bag of mochi rice for 2020's harvest moon holiday (otsukimi), learned HOW MUCH WORK it is to make real mochi out of mochigome, and finally accepted this month that I'll never pound it into mochi a second time.

BUT cooked mochi rice is effortless in the fancy rice cooker, and now the bf gets to laugh at the goofy American who keeps eating mochi rice for her meals. It's amazing and gooey and so far I've eaten it for breakfast (with creamy cilantro sauce) and lunch (with eggs). Ultimate comfort food.

Last edited:

1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup water
tbsp soy sauce
tbsp lemon juice
tbsp honey
ginger
garlic

Sounds absolutely marvelous. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Bet the Cornish game hen would've been great with the tahini mixture...

Full fat yoghurt for breakfast (one cup). Coffee w/milk & cream.
1 tamale plain for lunch.
Fried rice for dinner. Pork tenderloin cut into small pieces and cooked, 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage, one grated carrot, one cup cooked rice, one spice packet for fried rice. Easy and enough to feed two people for three days! Ate about 3 cups.
Wine w/dinner.
Apricots and cream for dessert.

I bought a big bag of mochi rice for 2020's harvest moon holiday (otsukimi), learned HOW MUCH WORK it is to make real mochi out of mochigome, and finally accepted this month that I'll never make it a second time.

BUT cooked mochi rice is effortless in the fancy rice cooker, and now the bf gets to laugh at the goofy American who keeps eating mochi rice for her meals. It's amazing and gooey and so far I've eaten it for breakfast (with creamy cilantro sauce) and lunch (with eggs). Ultimate comfort food.
Am going to look into this mochi rice. I love rice.

My biggest meal is also lunch usually. Weekends are different, but during the week I normally eat bigger at lunch.

A garden tomato sandwich with Blue Plate mayo and dill pickles on the side.Watermelon for dessert. I love summertime in the south!!
We have seasoned potatoes in the Instant Pot, and tri-tip on the grill. When it comes off the grill, the shredded Brussels sprouts that are tossed in bacon grease and mixed with cut-up bits of bacon will go into the 450F oven. By the time the tri-tip is done resting and has been carved, the Brussels sprouts will be super crispy (just shy of burnt). It's one of our favorite dinners and pretty easy to throw together.

But now all I want is sushi and curry. 🤣
We LOVE our Instant Pots!! Best bone broth EVER!! We use the little 3 quart one for boiled eggs and also when we want perfect steel cut oatmeal in the morning, and the 6 quart one for sooo much stuff!
I also have one of those Itaki Magic Lunch Boxes that I keep at work for healthy fresh meals (my go-to is cabbage and onions with sesame oil/chili garlic paste/fish sauce- but sometimes curry paste when the mood strikes me). It has a a little pan on top for a single serving of rice and it all steams perfectly and smells so good!
I just bought a Topwit electric hotpot and a case of Mama brand Tom Yum Shrimp noodle packs for my 'guilty pleasure' work lunches. The calories aren't bad (280) but the sodium is pretty high. I'll even it out with lots of green onions and cilantro :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back