What did YOU do today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DD had an Echo done today. Has had small heart issues on and off for years but finally got a Cardiologist to do a full work up when she said that she had Pain this time.
Echo today, Stress Echo next week then a 2 week monitor on her after that.

I actually kind of hope they find something but she tends to have some hypochondriac bouts from time to time. It's hard being a teenager :(

Gonna Snow Thursday :(

I got the Koi ponds small fence and netting off, heater in, covered with boards and all set till Spring.

Bought 5' wooden stakes, colored tips Bright Orange and got them in the ground around the fence for Winter before the ground freezes . It holds up the fence from snow plows but also marks the area.

Hay in the shed out of the Carport, Snow blower in same shed up from basement (it's electric so light weight). Cleaned out the gutters from Leaves on the roof.

And finalized a recipe for balm for a show Saturday just waiting for it to cool.

And I just looked out in the back yard to see what the Hens are doing.... They scattered my small pile of leaves all over a section :( darn chickens !

@amd Since she got so much done I still feel like I have done nothing.

Hmm today, I got trash out by 10am, took shower with 3 week old tester batch........no lather, it's like washing with lotion hahaha But smells good and I guess cleans as I was not 'dirty' per se but my skin was tighter so I guess cleaner :p

Did a WHOLE bunch of googling which lead to 'Other' googling... did NOT turn into kitty videos so I was not that bad.

Went to gym but needed Electrons for the car so I plugged in 3 blocks away and walked to gym. 45 Min on treadmill (forgot my headphones and I cant read the tv's from there). Walked back to car.
Home, picked up Ugly soap, picked up teenager that was skipping last period and delivered free Ugly soap to a great client for him to try.

Dropped car down street for free Electrons and walked back with said teenager in 20 F about 1/2 mile.
back to searching things on Google.
Walked back to car, alone -- what, you thought DD would walk again ? silly -- and drove back.

moved a couple soap bins around and now here. Old Cat is crying in the living-room so I will be forced to go sit and watch tv for the rest of the night under a Heated blanket with kitty.

my life is just so hard !

@Lin19687 Way more productive than me! Let's see... yesterday I went to work, came home, did 30 minutes yoga, went out to dinner, came home, played Spoons with daughter, watched TV with hubby. I have a million things on my to do list and didn't cross anything off. Thinking about it more last night, I decided that Monday night is just going to be my night off. Maybe planning a night off will help the other nights be more productive. Tonight is Office Night. Wish me luck!

@Lin19687 Way more productive than me!
Me, too! Her productiveness always seems to make mine seem like mere, halfhearted attempts. lol

Today (so far) I drove my nephew to work, cleaned my smaller oven, and am in the process at the moment of seasoning my new baking steel/griddle in the big oven. Next on my list is to make up a batch of my special cheese blend for pizza making and freeze it, and prepare the pie crust for the meat pie/totierre we'll be having for dinner either tonight or tomorrow. Other things on my list- take a shower, clean the bathrooms, do some laundry, pick my nephew up from work, cook dinner and do more googling on pressure cooker recipes (just bought me a pressure cooker with the Amazon gift cards I got for Christmas!).

Edited to add...oh, dang, I forgot- I need to make more orange juice today, too.

IrishLass :)

OMG no you all are WAY more prductive.
I don't cook - because I have a 17 y/o DD :rolleyes: who doesn't like anything.
Most of the time I sit on the computer planning out what I wanna do next............... then don't do it.

Time flies. I have had 18 months off of working outside of the home (NOT that I work at home) and I have not gotten much done lol.

Now that I will be gong back M-F F/T I will have to plan my off time better lol Fat chance :p

Oh and I hate to clean too. I have 'Maahrtin" (say that with a British accent and you will get it) my robot vacuum cleaner. That is my idea of cleaning this crappy rental. Man when I move I will just hire a cleaning service lol will be easier. (it's not really as bad as i make it out to me)

Lin19687 said:
Most of the time I sit on the computer planning out what I wanna do next............... then don't do it.

Gee.....I can't relate to that at all LOL

I never did get to juicing my oranges yesterday.....or making my pie crust....or making my cheese blend....or cleaning the bathrooms. But I did manage to pick up my nephew from work, go to the grocery store, do a load of laundry and whip up an easy enchilada casserole for dinner along with boxed Spanish rice and canned refried beans. All my other plans ended up being pushed to the back burner so I could lend a shoulder and an ear to family member going through a painful personal trial. Those kind of things always get placed to the front burner with me no matter what. Although this time I had a good excuse, I confess it looks like the below more often than I care to admit:

I just discovered that I can add YouTube videos from this forum to my Watch Later list!

And that's what I did today. (adding videos to the list. watching them will probably be tomorrow night)

Since I haven't soaped in so long I got my lye ready for my soaping marathon this weekend. Baby steps. Have my list of fragrances I need to make. Now thinking on colors and techniques. Supposed to be working but goofing off at that moment.

Well I DD had Wisdom teeth out Friday so I am making her Pancakes (I normally don't cook, making her do what she wants to eat so I don't have to listen to her bitch about something... 17 y/o's :rolleyes: )
I cut up a banana too for her so there was 1 pancake and a 1/4 banana left for me.

I found out that if you eat all the pancake (with maple syrup) and then the 3 banana slices AND THEN a chocolate cookie wafer............. it is SCRUMPTIOUS !@!!!

now to drink my coffee yummmm

Last edited:
Well, I made soap today. Two loaves, in fact! Awaken and Juicy Pear by Nurture - both amazing fragrances. The Juicy Pear is just so refreshing and lovely, I just adore it. Both soaped like a dream, however........my dumb self somehow got lye solution or fresh soap (not really sure which, although I'm leaning towards solution) splashed on my shirt sleeve and now I have chemical burns up my left arm.

I sort of understand the "soap in long sleeves" advice, but I think what happened is it got onto the shirt sleeve and then rubbed around on my arm for a good 5-10 minutes before I noticed the itching/stinging. And by then my arm was all red and irritated and though I flushed it well with water after removing my sleeves, I've got a couple big patches of alkali burn. I slathered on some shea butter after rinsing it to give the lye something to react with and now I've got it all bandaged up with some silver sulfadiazine ointment on it for infection prevention. Sigh. It sucks to be clumsy.

I don't think I'll be continuing to soap in long sleeves. I think it would have been instantly noticeable had I splashed it directly on my arm and I could have prevented some of the more painful spots from getting so bad. But, on the bright side, my soaps look BEAUTIFUL and I'm so excited to cut them tomorrow after work.

Today I did absolutely nothing [emoji4]. Well, DH wanted me to create a client feedback form for him so I worked on that for an hour then I went back to doing nothing lol. The weekends just aren't long enough. I think Monday should be a weekend day. Then maybe I'd look forward to Mondays lol.

Did absolutely nothing but played with the baby today. That is HER chair, you can tell by the tattered edges, lol:p

IMG_0256.jpeg

Steff, there is a soap maker on YouTube, Uncle Jon's, whos practice is wearing short sleeves for that reason. His reasoning that it is easier to rinse the lye off before it burns.

Thank goodness no! LOL I grew up in New Bedford, MA and as a child I loved the snow. When I was 14, we moved 3,000 miles away to hot desert country......
As a funny aside, we fortuitously moved away from MA just a few days before the catastrophic blizzard of '78 hit. My sis got caught in it, though, because she chose to stay behind with my grandmother to finish out the last semester of her senior year of high school.

New Bedford! We almost moved there when I was 10 -- it was one of the places my dad was considering when we determined to leave Dorchester. I was in that 1978 blizzard, walking up the middle of Boylston St because there were NO cars except 1 or 2 intrepid taxi cabs. I got the LAST running train out of downtown and the LAST bus leaving Forest Hills Station, and made it home. What 'hot desert country' did you move to??

Did absolutely nothing but played with the baby today.

View attachment 36475

That's much more like my kind of days off, lol. Oh okay, I do some chores and laundry, some cooking and shopping, but as much NOTHING as I can get away with! :D

Me, too! Her productiveness always seems to make mine seem like mere, halfhearted attempts. lol

Today (so far) I drove my nephew to work, cleaned my smaller oven, and am in the process at the moment of seasoning my new baking steel/griddle in the big oven. Next on my list is to make up a batch of my special cheese blend for pizza making and freeze it, and prepare the pie crust for the meat pie/totierre we'll be having for dinner either tonight or tomorrow. Other things on my list- take a shower, clean the bathrooms, do some laundry, pick my nephew up from work, cook dinner and do more googling on pressure cooker recipes (just bought me a pressure cooker with the Amazon gift cards I got for Christmas!).
Edited to add...oh, dang, I forgot- I need to make more orange juice today, too.

I'm frequently reminded of that old sing-songie saying:

"From sun up till setting sun, a woman's work is never done."

So very & unfortunately true...

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I unmolded some embeds that I made yesterday. These are for my granddaughter birthday in May. It's the first time I have ever attempted and am pleased with how they have turned out. I used CO and colored with turmeric, annetto, and madder root

Attachments

• 20190217_174022.jpg
    20190217_174022.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back