What did YOU do today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a House Showing for another Realtor in the city. He will be paying me :)
Got Soap boxes from show put away and in a new spot out of the way.
Set up the Winter Heated Dog bowl set up in the Hen Coop.
Dug up 3 of the 4 Elephant bulbs, one wouldn't budge so I just left it. It is wedged in a Cinder Block hole.
Put a bamboo fence away in the shed.
Got 1 egg :( just one today, from the coop.
Got to chit chat with the 1st born today - that is a rarity with his sleeping pattern, lol
Got Heavy gauge extension set for the Heater for the Koi Pond, but didn't get the heater put in just yet.

Today i am going to cut soap and maybe hit the gym. But my sciatica hurts so maybe I will just hang upside down on my inversion table.

Oh and get a Tool box. I have tool bits and pieces all over, screw driver here and there, nails here and there. Since I got rid of my Hutch which means 3 junk draws now gone, I need to find ONE spot because all the stuff is in 4 bags through out the house now :confused:

Today I mustered enough gumption to get up and come to work. LOL That's it. And now I'm just sitting here working for the man, wondering if my ship was the SS Edmund Fitzgerald and that's why it hasn't come in.

Seriously I need to win the lotto (aka play the lotto and win) so I can just work for myself.
I love my job, and if I didn't actually have to be here but could work from home, it'd be even better. I just love to sleep, and I hate getting up and getting dressed to come in and be around people!! LOL

OMG, you must be my twin.... "
I just love to sleep, and I hate getting up and getting dressed to come in and be around people!! LOL"

Today I have 2 house showings for another Agent - I have my Lic but I do not sell, so I just started to do showings for other Agents in the company I hang my shingle at. nice to get a little money and all I have to do is show up and let them look around..... Of course I still have to get dressed and deal with people. But they are usually nice.

It was so nice out today, even though it was about 55 but on/off sun/clouds and dry.

I got the garden put to bed for the Winter and took away the shade cloth the hens hang out under in 'Their" part of the garden.... they were not happy. Mowed the lawn but it was more like just sucking up the leaves and then dumping the bag into the Hen's Garden area.
Got leaves out of the Koi Pond and the one lone huge Mint Plant..... Big Koi was not happy I touched him with the net lol.
Cleaned up the Coop, put in another PVC pipe feeder so there are 2 now and I won't have to fill it till .... Jan/Feb :smallshrug: They hold a lot of feed. Water bowl cleaned, poles put in under tarp to help with Snow. fiddled with the door opening a bit. But all in all about 70% done for the Winter on that.
Covered and Duct taped tight the Big window A/C that stays in year round... just not moving that thing anymore. So much easier to just cover it good.
Cleaned off the deck of Leaves, chairs, stuff.

Fhewww my lower back is killing me from bending over . Ibuprofen and now going to hang out on the couch for TV time

Had the most productive lunch hour ever: Edited photos, updated online listings, uploaded YouTube videos, updated the kids' chore chart, delivered a birthday soap, and (FINALLY!) changed my last name at both banks.

ETA: and yes I did get to eat real food during my lunch.

Did some studying on Real estate stuff, started to cut labels but petered out 1/2 way through.
Stopped at a local Farm that has a market inside and asked if they would sell my soaps, they will get back to me.
Stopped at my Antique store that has a few of my soaps and brought more scents in. Just one of each. Need to see what sells and what doesn't.

Darn it, forgot to stop at bank

Had my piano lesson, tended to my garden, harvested more cucumbers and assorted greens from it, was able to be there for a loved one to lend a shoulder to cry on and offer words of wisdom. Enjoying a green smoothie right now and reading the forum.

IrishLass :)

Organized my soaps and getting everything together for my show this Saturday. Leaving tomorrow as it’s 3 hours from home. Parents live up there so taking my grandson with me to hang with my dad. Granddaughter doesn’t want to go.

Looked out on the snow we got last night. I can still see the blades of grass though in the back yard, though, so it wasn't much. The front is more covered and the bushes have light dusting that looks so nice.

Change of plans left me with nowhere to be and the day off work, so I crossed things off my to do list:
Took daughter to the dr to get warts removed from her hands
Picked up my contacts (been in since the beginning of October...)
Found pine tar
Changed my name at two banks (I got married over 15 months ago...)
Thoroughly scrubbed the upstairs bathroom.
Took down Halloween decorations.

I have a show at 10, about 1/2 hr away. I left all my stuff in the car from Thursdays show... because I am Lazy and took a sharp turn and it all slid. Now I am not sure I can open one of the side doors HAhhahahah
I got up at 6 to sit and have coffee like usual.
Now just catching up on SFM

I had my grandkids here today. Trinity helped make a batch of bubble scoops (she did 90% of the making; I only guided) and helped wrap and label a bunch of stuff for next weekend's market. Ethan helped but applying labels hurt his fingers (he was a little too enthusiastic with pressing them on).

Made an onion quiche for dinner and Trinity made a salad to go with it. I love that she's at an age where she's able (and willing) to help out. She loves being in the kitchen. Now, they've gone home and I've just had a lovely hot bath trying to ease the aches and pains from being on my feet all day. My back is killing me!

(I told her she could take the mask off by this point but she didn't want to; she thought it was pretty cool that she even got to wear it at all!)

20181110_133156_HDR.jpg 20181110_153457_HDR.jpg

Misschief, now you have me craving quiche. I have not made onion quiche. I will have to try it. Do you caramelize the onions first? Do you use balsamic vinegar? Which kind of cheese do you normally use? I found several recipes, and some call for Gruyère, which I am not sure I can find in my town and may have to go to the Cities. Do you prefer white, red or yellow onions?

Misschief, now you have me craving quiche. I have not made onion quiche. I will have to try it. Do you caramelize the onions first? Do you use balsamic vinegar? Which kind of cheese do you normally use? I found several recipes, and some call for Gruyère, which I am not sure I can find in my town and may have to go to the Cities. Do you prefer white, red or yellow onions?

In this recipe, the onions are slowly satueed until translucent, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. The base is 3 eggs, 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the onions to the base and pour into the pie shell (I used frozen this time). Then, it's sprinkled with grated parmesan and a bit of paprika (we used smoked paprika because Trinity and I prefer it). Instead of just the parm, we used a blend of parm, cheddar, and some Gouda that needed using up.

We always have Vidalia or another variety of sweet white onion on hand so that's what we used. It ended up being very mild and the onion flavour wasn't very pronounced; I used to make this recipe with regular cooking onions in the past and the onion flavour comes out a little stronger.

Went to someone's house for lunch.

This man used to be neighbors with my mom back when they were kids. They've since been in the US close to about 40yrs and we last saw them there about 20yrs ago before today.

I wanted to share a family pic taken there, if that's ok. Missing is my sister who wasn't well and my dad who works in the middle east. That's my mom with me and my two sons :)
_20181111_224544.JPG

I actually slept in today. I always say in going to sleep in but then I wake up at 5am lol. Today I actually slept until 8:30am! It felt awesome! I created a soap supply wish list and shopped online for a mooncake press then I made a chicken, bacon, cheddar frittata, I think lol. It was a crustless quiche. It came out pretty good. Right now I'm torn between going back to sleep or making a batch of black cherry soap and washing the breakfast dishes. I think I'll make the soap. Christmas will sneak up on me & it won't be ready if I don't do it now.

Back