What did YOU do today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cleaned out the garage at the rental house, although there is one load to take to the dump but it is a small pile. One lady was willing to take the two dressers and end tables that I had been storing out there, so I helped her load them up. Twinged my back, so now I am laying on a heat pad and catching up on the forum.

Working cleaning my soaping room. Holy cow what a mess. But it feels good to purge and organize things. Had to take a break to babysit the grandkids for a few hours. I wish there was a soap maker local that might get want a bunch of stuff. Going to post on local FB groups see if I get any bites.

I made a HUGE mess. I used goats milk then CPOP! What an oily disastrous mess....UGH!:mad:

I don't know?
It was so pretty when I put it in the oven and then I checked and it was more oil than anything else. I have never had it happen so I thought it was the goats milk.

Really? I have only done it a handful of times and this is my 1st nastiness. Thank you :)

I let my dog eat a groundhog he had killed in the yard. Now I am sitting here surfing the web while I keep my eye on him, because I am worried he is going to bloat. It turned out to be a MUCH bigger meal than I realized and he ate the whole thing! (minus skin and guts and head) He's so full his rib cage actually expanded, not just his full belly sticking out from underneath. But I read an account of a vet whose dog got into a box of chicken wings and ate 15 POUNDS and came out fine, so I'm hoping Gus is ok too.

Well today is Saturday, so we had to go to the summer annual company picnic with the hubster ate some food had fun and games. Entered my name in a drawing and actually had my name called and got a amazon gift card, whoop whoop more soaping supplies:computerbath:. Had a good time, then went to the health food store for some essential oils, shea butter and jojoba oil got home and realised I'm almost out of lavender, I could kick myself. Other than that all is good.

Last edited:
Yes, I was surprised to discover that I am out of lavender, too, nvn8v73. I really need to get some more. Others say it DOS's but none of mine with lavender have (knock on wood).

Yesterday I made soap, in fact, I've made soap 4 days this week, and plan to make more today. A couple days ago I started a new thing to see how it goes with tracking weights to see if calculating net weight of soap will work for me. This is based on Marie Gales' posts on Calculating the net weight of soap. (I've tracked weights before, but not in conjunction with determining net wt of soap in a predictive way. It's probably easier to use her method she outlines in Part Two, but decided to try both methods. For Castiles, I think the method described in Part Two would be best since I don't use or give them away until a very long cure. Anyway, here are the links for both parts:
Part One
Part Two

This morning I looked for one bar of soap I was sure I had made, but misplaced. I recently bought a small silicone soap mold with a guitar on on the surface, and have made 4 soaps with it this week (one for each day I made soap) and wanted to put a temporary label on it with it's weight. I was beginning to think I remembered wrong and didn't make 4, but finally found it. The day I unmolded it, I apparently stuck it in a box with some cured soaps I have set out for labeling and shrink-wrapping and just didn't remember putting in that box. So now it sits with the new soaps, and am relieved I am not losing my memory (to the extent) as feared.

Having my guys over for lunch (my best friend, his partner and my boyfriend) we’ll then probably spend all afternoon playing scrable and rummy.

Adults and Scrabble make a great game with friends !
Rummy is long but one of my favorite card games

We actually play the one with plastic number thingys? Not the cards one, but i think its mostly the same? Lots of pizza and wine, it was great!

I submitted a return to Amazon for the second day in a row. This is getting annoying. I really wanted today's item to be of good quality (I paid enough for it) and for it to be well made and be exactly as advertised. I really was not expecting it to fall apart the moment the packaging was open. So it's going back just like the other thing that was delivered yesterday went back today. I wonder what tomorrow's deliveries will bring.

I expect good quality from Etsy, at least. That's one of the deliveries tomorrow. Another is a battery charger for my camera batteries that were supposed to come today, but for some reason are delayed a month! I may just cancel the batteries after all. I'm waiting until tomorrow to see how I think about it after a good nights sleep.

So far I have cleaned the litter box, brought up some laundry (but not folded as of right now). Fed the Kitties and Fish, let out Hens.
The rest of the say is up in the air

Latest posts

Back