What did YOU do today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much, other than working on sewing together my granddaughter's crochet egg gathering apron. They are so cute :D. Getting ready to leave and walk through a semi local Farmer's Market where I used to sell. The manager started bringing in numerous soap makers and raised the price so I have no interest in it anymore. :( A couple of months ago we went down there and there were 6 soapmakers selling

Paid two bills, read and composed emails, contacted our mobile service provider to discuss international calling plans (we are planning a trip to Europe in a few months), did some housework, checked on an Amazon order, thought of walking down to the Music Festival (yesterday it was just too hot for that walk) and reconsidered because it's still too hot for the walk.

Just came in from trying to train the wild baby bunny to eat grass from my fingers.

He likes the Hen's pellet food :rolleyes: and has moved in to under the shed near their coop/run. I moved HIS waterer next to the shed where he slides under.
So cute !

Just came in from trying to train the wild baby bunny to eat grass from my fingers.

He likes the Hen's pellet food :rolleyes: and has moved in to under the shed near their coop/run. I moved HIS waterer next to the shed where he slides under.
So cute !

We get lots of rabbits in our town. They are everywhere. I love watching them, but sometimes they don't know where to run when the riding lawn mowers come out, and that is devastating.

Several years ago, one of our neighbors was coaxing a few kits (baby rabbits) by hand feeding them. I was really quite surprised the doe allowed it, but I am sure she was gone from the nest at the time. My granddaughter even had the experience to feed one herself because she was visiting us at the time. It was fun for her, but I prefer they remain wild and free rather than learn an unsafe trust of humans. But perhaps yours is an orphan and needs the help.

I think Orphaned and has taken to the hens. Tries to play zoom around but the hens just look at it. It's so funny.
Only reason I was trying to feed it is to let him know that I am not a threat
He (she) started to hang out near me and just eat. I think it learned that from the Hens

I have neighbor crappy outdoor cats and i want to try to keep this little guy alive for a while at least.
He CAN leave if he so chooses but I think it thinks the hens are 'family'
hahahaha

Now to get the DOG people to Stop letting their dog piss on my fence and scare the chickens. "oh look the dog thinks they are fun' F**** NO ! My 'no poop, no dogs' small sign is in a different language as no one seem to want to READ IT.

I am hoping to go out and move & drill new entrance holes in my (empty) Bee Hive.
I saved a bee from drowning in the chicken waterer. She sat on the rock next to it drying off. after 10 min she was still there fanning her butt off (with wings). So I got her on my finger and I could FEEL the vibration. It was so cool.
I put her in the Hive hole and she walked all around it like she was interested.
Crossing fingers she comes back with Scouts !

I got DD to go to the gym today with me ! And I just asked if she would go and she was like yeah sure. No sqwuak about it ;)

btw the bee never came back :(

Me too :(
That is ok, the Bee hive is still there just in case. But to be honest I would rather get them when I have a farm of my own and not have to worry about moving them.
Oh there's a Bee ! too cute video.

We walked 19,898 steps today and we're not done yet. But thankfully we are on the train for a couple of hours now, so I am using my TENS unit on my very sore & tired left foot. Of course both feet are tired, but Lefty gets priority.

We walked along the River Walk in Chicago on our way back to the station, but after else we had done I didn't have enough energy to get my camera back out. Next time. The views from below will make fabulous photos. Before that, we first went back to Taste of Chicago to eat, then to the Art Institute to feed our spirits.

Last night we took the Architectural Boat Boat tour and the night before that the Fireworks Boat Tour. I think we're headed up to Frank Lloyd Wright's home tomorrow.

Cleaned the main floor bathroom. I am slowly working my way through all three bathrooms in the house because even though the kids have bathroom cleaning chores in their daily chore rotation, and they have been told the expectations (Cleaning the vanity does not mean just the counter, you have to clean inside the sink and the faucet! Cleaning the toilet does not mean just scrubbing the bowl but wiping the seat and the top of the tank!) the children refuse to do it. When they are grown up, I am never going to visit them, their houses will be disgusting because they refuse to clean properly. [End Rant] Oh, and I unloaded the dishwasher. Then I went to work.

Watched soap videos until late last night; as I was up with a head cold and sore throat. Made a huge mug of chai tea, made toast with melted Velveeta, sitting and watching Hallmark's Christmas in July.

The flood people came back yesterday to do more bio-washing, so there's 3 huge fans running. The only usable room downstairs in the kitchen, so living upstairs. Most of the furniture/stuff is packed in a unit in the driveway. What a mess.

Aching to make soap, but it could be 2 months before I can!

Attended Hubby's minor surgery (infected cyst incision & removal of material), which is the second time in my life to actually see this procedure done up close & personal. The first time I was in nursing school and it was done in the ER, but it was a non-infected cyst on a thumb of a total stranger. This time it was an infected cyst on my husband's back, which he forgot to make an appointment to have removed before it became infected. We had a week of hot compresses to reduce the infection, which also brought about a lot of drainage prior to the appointment. In spite of that, there was a huge amount of material the doctor removed and he is not positive it is all gone. He has a follow up appointment in 6 weeks, when the doc will ascertain if further clean-out is needed, etc. I have post-poned my road trip to California because he cannot manage dressing changes in the middle of his back. Until it stops opening up with hot showers and physical activity, I will be staying home to perform nursing duties at least once or twice daily.

I will be staying home to perform nursing duties at least once or twice daily.
Sorry your hubs is having these issues!! As a fellow nurse (and an OR nurse at that), I sympathize with your struggles. Hope the infection will clear with no further surgical intervention!! We've got some amazing wound surgeons at my hospital and it is amazing what the human body can overcome with time and a little help.

This might be long.
My elderly kitty is mostly deaf now and sight has been fading in the last year or so.
She had been shaking her head here and there and when you rub the ear you could hear moisture. So I went to clean it. She is a completely indoor kitty and I have not had to clean her ears in 8+ years.

With in 5 minutes her eye became sunken in, balance way off and we rushed to the ER Vet in the next town (10 min). It was 9:30pm. DD came with.
Turns out she has NO Ear drum in either ear. Might be why she can't hear in general.
Her balance was all off and her poor eye :( I feel so bad.
I used alcohol and a tiny amount. never had an issue before and I know it isn't what you would normally use. I was out of ear cleaner. This all is my fault, I should have waited till I got more ear cleaner. But the Vet said he thinks the ear drums were not there before. I still feel so bad .

The good news is that they hoped her eye would return to normal and balance too in a few days.
We got home at about 11:30 or so and her balance was mostly back.
I slept on the couch and she slept ON me, so I got no sleep Monday night. At one point she was sleeping on her face, I thought she died and had to give her a shake. She didn't like that but it made me happy :p

TODAY her eye is back to just about normal ! YAY !! :hippo: She is taking her pills like a champ in a treat but still is not thrilled with the drops in the ears 2x a day. I don't blame her but she has 8 days left of it.
I slept for 10- 1/2 hrs last night and she came up stairs and slept a little with me, which is rare.

Took the hubby to the doctor to get all his staples removed from his total hip replacement. Thankful he is doing well and progressing well and can start driving Friday (3 weeks out). Will be out of work though for another 10 weeks.

Going to Boston for the day with DD and it's her B-day (17).
N.E. Aquarium, Faneuil hall, walk around. See an Imax movie at the Aquarium.
Hope to finish using my Charlie card on the T but I am not sure how much $ is on it and won't know till I get to the station to check... you would think they would have that on line

Latest posts

Back