What did YOU do today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not today but late last night I squatted down to grab something that fell off the table and leaned forward to grab it.. fell forward, heard a pop followed by a stabbing pain in my right knee. I can walk but cannot bend the knee further than a sitting position and if im walking and go to turn.. not so good. Gonna wait a few days and see if the swelling goes down and the bruising heals a but.. if not, Ill have to get it checked out... getting old stinks.

Not today but late last night I squatted down to grab something that fell off the table and leaned forward to grab it.. fell forward, heard a pop followed by a stabbing pain in my right knee. I can walk but cannot bend the knee further than a sitting position and if im walking and go to turn.. not so good. Gonna wait a few days and see if the swelling goes down and the bruising heals a but.. if not, Ill have to get it checked out... getting old stinks.
I hear you - getting old is not for sissies. I hope your knee is ok. I have a 'wonky' knee that doesn't like to twist, never mind deeply squat.

Hope your knee gets better sooner!

OUCH! I winced as I read this. Be careful and take care of yourself!

New Bedford! We almost moved there when I was 10 -- it was one of the places my dad was considering when we determined to leave Dorchester. I was in that 1978 blizzard, walking up the middle of Boylston St because there were NO cars except 1 or 2 intrepid taxi cabs. I got the LAST running train out of downtown and the LAST bus leaving Forest Hills Station, and made it home. What 'hot desert country' did you move to??.

Oh wow! Small world! I remember the pics my grandma sent us of my sis trying to dig her car out of the snow and wishing we had been there to play in it, while my mom and step-dad were very thankful we left when we did. lol We moved away to the southwestern US in the Sonoran Desert.

IrishLass :)

Oh noooooooo! I'm so sorry, dear lady! The popping noise might have been something like a tendon slipping out of place. I hope whatever popped goes back of its own accord. Heal soon!! Sending you Love.

Today I was suppose to get soaps in boxes and labels on the boxes.
Then, as pic posted before, Cat sat on soap table. .... Le Sigh

I then went to look at a house for sale 45 miles away.... Le Sigh, badly built and more wooded then the pics show :(

I did manage to deposit DS 8 checks... yes 8, 4 from both jobs, a month worth of check... another Le Sigh as he is so into work that he just is so lazy when he gets home.

Also manged to get to walk in the woods and found a nice Reishi mushroom. Left the other 2 but now I know where they are.
I only left because DD called me saying she heard a guy Scream 6 different times like he was getting electrocuted .... I think what she heard was a Sports game going on as I don't think she has ever heard someone 'scream in pain'. The Red Sox played today so I am thinking that was it. lol :smallshrug: No ambulances around so that must be it. I was about 3 min from home anyway.

Work! And...more work. Also work? Boring stuff aside, I tried out a few of my friend's vegan recipes. About to give the lasagna a try for dinner. Fingers crossed! Also went for an unexpected but much-needed morning walk and took a few pictures along the way. I always find it's the perfect way to clear my mind.

Worked with my new horse for a bit, got an order ready to go out on Monday, worked a bit on the upstairs desktop so that it is ready to become my work computer when I have to ditch the Windows 7 computer downstairs and weighed out liquid oils into a bunch of pots.

Today? I swam 50 laps in the pool this morning, came to work, got a ton of stuff done work wise, went to a few meetings, am going to have a meet and greet with one of the new VP's of my department and then I'll go to the gym this afternoon and go home and nap/sleep. That seems to be a typical day for me. Nothing too exciting.

I’m running a writing “boot camp” this week for graduate-level marine science/oceanography students. The focus is more on how to become a productive writer rather than on how to write, although I do also cover the “art” of scientific writing. With the very high level of competition for research funding in the US, most senior scientists now spend at least as much time writing reports, papers and grant proposals as they do on the science part of science. It’s a constant source of stress in our community where the average grant proposal has less than a 50% chance of funding, even for the most successful researchers. The amount of writing required for a research-focused science career comes as a surprise to more than a few of our students. They arrive imagining that they will spend much of their time on boats, diving or in the lab doing neat experiments, then discover that writing a high quality dissertation can easily take 2-3 years (which ultimately results in 3 or 4 major published research papers). During the week long boot camp I help them explore strategies that will make it easier for them to stay productive, healthy and sane through the writing process. These strategies range from giving themselves permission to write badly (we have many with perfectionist tendencies), to “mind mapping” to get past writer’s block, to using yoga to relieve stress. They spend much of the week writing and then practicing strategies when challenges arise. This is my fifth boot camp in three years!

Ouch! That sounded so painful just reading your description! So sorry that happened to you. And you are right-getting old is not for sissies!

Not sure <lol>. He looks like a Morgan but his DNA tested negative for the registry. He's a stocky little bugger, only 14.3 hh and refreshingly less spooky than the thoroughbred I had before him.
Thoroughbreds are indeed beautiful, but a lot to handle. Maybe your guy has quarterhorse or mustang in him.

Latest posts

Back