What did YOU do today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Misschief, May 6, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Nov 26, 2019 #201

Kosmerta

Kosmerta

Kosmerta

Happy belated birthday! Sorry I'm a day late. I hope your birthday bakery treat was delicious

2. Nov 26, 2019 #202

Marilyn Norgart

Marilyn Norgart

Marilyn Norgart

Supporting Member

Happy Belated Birthday John--I have a couple more to go before I hit that mark and I am already wondering how I got so old so fast :)

3. Nov 26, 2019 #203

IrishLass

IrishLass

IrishLass

Staff Member Admin

Happy belated birthday, John! :)

I've been on a soft, homemade cookie kick lately ever since discovering online how to make soft-batch cookies with the addition of a small box of dry vanilla pudding mix, and so I made a nice batch of soft oatmeal cookies with chocolate and peanut butter chips......and they are wonderful!

IrishLass :)

4. Nov 28, 2019 #204

TheGecko

TheGecko

TheGecko

I started to go to work today, but my vehicle had other ideas. I was just glad that I decided to wear my long winter coat as it was a 45 minute wait for the tow truck.

The news was not good, but not unexpected. I knew I was going to have to replace the engine, but wasn’t planning on having to do it before Christmas.

Hubby is not happy. I’m not either, but I’m not being a baby about it or unreasonable. He’ll cool down in a couple of days and apologize for being a jerk.

In the meantime, the soap business is going to have to be hold as all my extra funds will go to paying a large repair bill.

Misschief likes this.
  5. Nov 28, 2019 #205

Misschief

Misschief

Misschief

Supporting Member

Driving a 12 y.o. vehicle, you have my sympathy. At least I have heat now.

6. Nov 28, 2019 #206

Relle

Relle

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic Staff Member Admin SPONSOR

A 12 yr old car is just a baby, mine is 32 yrs old. No air conditioning ( that's a window), you wind down the handle. The heater doesn't work either, no power steering. The mechanic fixed mine about 2 wks ago, approx., $1500. He said he wouldn't have fixed it if it was in poor condition, but it's not. I still have the original grease underneath the sliding seats, no marks on the roof inside, passenger seats hardly used. I'm not hard on equipment, I keep my things in good condition, I don't let others use anything of mine.

7. Nov 28, 2019 #207

Relle

Relle

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic Staff Member Admin SPONSOR

Sent you a pm re- something else.

Misschief likes this.
  8. Nov 29, 2019 #208

TheGecko

TheGecko

TheGecko

He apologized later; he was frustrated over the bad luck I had been having with vehicles and the dent this will make in our savings. He said he would be happier if I spent the money on a new vehicle because he’s worried about something else going wrong and costing us a bunch more money.

So I checked the dealership for used vehicles and found a few with my budget (I haven’t add a car payment in over twenty years). I showed them to hubby and he said he was thinking about a NEW vehicle and a much lower down payment. Poor dear, it’s obvious he hasn’t looked at the price of NEW vehicle in many, many years. There wasn’t a lot of vehicles for less than $20k and my budget is $18k max because I don’t want more than a four year loan.

Mobjack Bay likes this.
  9. Dec 1, 2019 #209

Misschief

Misschief

Misschief

Supporting Member

Normally, I'm at the market on Sundays but my season is over for this year so today was a kitchen kind of day. It's snowing out so it's a good day to stay inside and put together some freezer meals. I made three - Cabbage Roll Casserole (or Lazy Man's Cabbage Rolls), Broccoli Surprise (the surprise is that it tastes great!), and Potato Kale Mash with smoked farmer sausage. Now, we just have to decide which to have for dinner tonight. We're leaning towards the Potato Kale Mash (Boerenkool for those of you who understand Dutch).

Attached Files:

10. Dec 4, 2019 #210

Lin19687

Lin19687

Lin19687

Was awake at 3am (2nd day in a row, not sure why) and had coffee. Then stuck my head out the window in 15° to look at the glistening snow .

IMG_20191204_042022293[1].jpg

Megan, DKing, Mobjack Bay and 3 others like this.
  11. Dec 6, 2019 #211

Mobjack Bay

Mobjack Bay

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member

I just finished up giving a presentation at a professional conference. Whew, I am glad it's over because I have been stressing out about it all week. Now it's time for some Nashville barbecue and a beer!

Marilyn Norgart likes this.
  12. Dec 7, 2019 #212

MGM

MGM

MGM

That's amazing...what make/model?
    I have a 15 y o Honda Civic that my mom bought new and kept in great condition before shipping it 3000 km to me. It spent its formative years where they use sand on the roads in winter, not salt, so the body's in great shape. I'm trying to keep it from rusting out here, but cars don't tend to last that long.
    (Mine does have working HVAC, but yes, roll-down windows and just the basics)

13. Dec 7, 2019 #213

Lin19687

Lin19687

Lin19687

I'm out of bed and already have coffee with a CAT on my lap :)
    I think it was the Cat that woke me up... like today at 3 again.
    They must like to get into things as they get super old ;)

14. Dec 8, 2019 #214

Misschief

Misschief

Misschief

Supporting Member

Apart from unmolding my salt soap, I've done nothing soapy today. However, I did bake sourdough bread (2 loaves), made a batch of chocolate syrup (by special request), a double batch of my Seasoning Salt for Chicken, and two batches of cookies (Jan Hagel, a Dutch cookie, and chocolate chip).

Kosmerta and Lin19687 like this.
  15. Dec 9, 2019 #215

Kiti Williams

Kiti Williams

Kiti Williams

I mixed up and made a hair conditioning bar. DD used it yesterday, wet, and found it to work as expected. I am working on a mix that will work on all hair types, with no weighing down due to the oils in the bar. I will try it out today.

Kosmerta likes this.
  16. Dec 9, 2019 #216

Kosmerta

Kosmerta

Kosmerta

It is now noon and I have been awake since 6 pm yesterday. You know, because college.

Today I have studied Thomas Aquina and St. Agustine for 4 hours for my Philosophy final, spent 2 hours procrastinating from studying (oops), then ran errands after the sun came up.

Errands consisted of going to my mom's house to get my boyfriend's Christmas gift (which I had mailed there to hide from him) and wrap it. After that I ran to walmart and the post office and I finally got my lovely new soap cutter.

I've been itching to soap all week and now I can finally make this pink peach soap I've been looking forward to... after Thursday once my Final Exams are over that is. Wish me luck. I can't wait to get them over with.

Mmm sounds like a very yummy, very busy day.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2019
  17. Dec 9, 2019 #217

Jennifer Horne

Jennifer Horne

Jennifer Horne

Today i offended someone on reddit because this person in post number 1 about her first batch says her and her friends are selling things and figured that soap would be one of the things they're offering (made this decision WITHOUT ever had made soap b4) after reading this first post describing everything they messed up i suggested that they make soap for a while b4 actually trying to sell. This is to get them familiar with the process and to possibly build up a stock, i ask everyone here was i wrong?

18. Dec 9, 2019 #218

Misschief

Misschief

Misschief

Supporting Member

Nope.

19. Dec 9, 2019 #219

Jennifer Horne

Jennifer Horne

Jennifer Horne

I am gonna have to stay away from reddit newbies there ask questions and when you tell them something will not work they say "i am going to do it anyway"

20. Dec 9, 2019 #220

Lynnz

Lynnz

Lynnz

Crafty Addict Lifetime Supporter

I have just finished night shift and raced home to cut soap :) one of my most favourite things in the world to do!

Draft saved Draft deleted