What did YOU do today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent most of the morning looking and watching videos on Violins, how to buy what to buy blah blah. Thinking of buying one to sit next to my Banjo that has been in it's case most of it's life haha

I have aphasia and I'm not always understood when I speak. So I talk to myself, sometimes record it and try to correct what I mispronounce. It's annoying.
That must be incredibly frustrating for you. I thought you were joking when you said you were practicing reading. Did something happen? You do write beautifully though.

Washed way to many dishes, made way to many more. Also made a big pot of chicken soup in the slow cooker and basically spent way to much time on my feet for a sunday lol

Got up late, pottered about, had a potent spinach, sausage and potato stew, thought a lot about shaving soaps. Now listening to '70s roots reggae and remembering nights out in Bristol. Memories, memories...
Yummy, that sounds like a stew we would really like. I just took salmon out of the smoker, so guess what we are having.
I labeled lip balms and remembered I hate making lip balms and really do not like them. I was just too lazy to make a batch of my lip butter and label the little jars.

That must be incredibly frustrating for you. I thought you were joking when you said you were practicing reading. Did something happen? You do write beautifully though.
Thanks and I still don't know how I acquired it. I had a headache back in March and things went downhill from there. Please trust me when I say my writing is also affected. It's just not as bad as my speech and reading out loud (my biggest hurdle).

I am exhausted. Today I made a batch of pumpkin spice bath truffles,then berry bath truffles, and I just finished making a slab mold out of a cheez it box then trying to create a spin swirl... and I still need to study and sleep before my chemistry test on quantum mechanics in 12 hours

Thanks and I still don't know how I acquired it. I had a headache back in March and things went downhill from there. Please trust me when I say my writing is also affected. It's just not as bad as my speech and reading out loud (my biggest hurdle).
Wow that is terrifying! I hope those wonderful friends of yours are keeping you laughing through the hard times and being a good support system for you. Thanks for sharing this with us. I hope things get better and easier. Hugs ♡

Yesterday, we drove to Kansas and spent the night in a hotel, enjoying their hot tub. This morning, we picked up my husband's Irish Wolfhound puppy (9wks old, 32lbs! She's gaining an average of a pound per day, right now!), and brought her home. Amazingly, she did the 5hr drive with no accidents in the car, no car sickness, and stopped whimpering for her mama, in only about 15minutes. Now, the insanity begins!

Last edited:
Today is my birthday! I am 65. No idea how I got that old. And what did I do today? Went to work as usual. My colleagues sang Happy Birthday, and one of them brought me something from a bakery.
Happy 65th! I had mine this past August; I have no intention of retiring any time soon (can't afford to and I enjoy what I do).

Happy Birthday John!!!! (belated). I cut up celery, onion and got my bread ready for stuffing. Also dry brined my turkey so he's resting nicely in the fridge. So much to do so little time to do it.

Off to Maine today (from Montreal) to visit with my father for a few days. (He's 87 and still going strong.) We will go down to New Hampshire to be with my sister and her family for Thanksgiving. On Sunday, it will be back to Montreal.

Back