What Breed of Pet do You have?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcat

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Over my time of reading and posting on this wonderful forum I have come across LOTS of post about doxies.....must be a link between soaping and dachshunds??? Or maybe just soaping and loving, caring people who adore their pets!

Mine is a 4YO labradoodle called Honey (and she really is too!). So...what kind of dog do YOU have? (Or cat, or bird or horse or..???)

Tanya :)

Hi topcat,
Or maybe just soaping and loving, caring people who adore their pets!
I'm pretty sure of that!
Ramses, my Abessinian cat at 12 weeks old
ramsesje3.jpg

and now
sesje.jpg

This breed is really smart, they love to do everything together with you, and have way too much energy!
Pito, my British Shorthair, is the opposit; very calm :)
Aaaah.jpg
(12 weeks old)
IMG_0046-kopie.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg
-+8 weeks
Boris, Pito's son, 3/4 british shorthair; has very thick and silky hair, likes to play around in the sink, rain and snow, and doesn't even get wet!
IMG_0371.jpg

Also had some blonde, curly rats, don't know why people are so scered of them! So easy to keep and cuddly and sweet :D Shame they don't get old...
And a Tosa Inu; the most beautiful dog breed on earth (no offence haha)
I just love to buy an animal, that is bred and raised with care and love.
Very curious what everyone else has!
Dagmar

Right now I have 2 black domestic shorthair cats (Molly and Darwin from the same litter of ferel kittens), one maine coon mix (Tidge also a ferel kitten), and a tabby (Emma...she was a rescue from an abusive home). Emma also had major issues when I first adopted her....like kitty prozac issues. Luckily she is a lovely little thing now although she lives by herself on the second floor due to cat aggression issues.

I think over the years I have had just about everything dogs, rats, guinea pigs, birds, fish....even a squirrel (it fell out of its nest when it was a baby).

I wish I had the space for more....and the money to take care of them all.

I'm one of the dachshund people, I have a red longhaired female (Valarie 3 years old), a red smooth standard female (Minnie 12 years old), a black & tan smooth male (Oscar 5 years old), and last but not least a red dappled male (Boopie 8 months old). At this point in time I also have 7 puppies that were born on Dec 24th. Almost 2 weeks old, this is the time that the fun begins with them. First with the worming schedule, every 10 days. Then at 6 weeks the shots start. Then we find new homes for them, hopefully my daughter won't get attached to them LOL, like that will happen.

Dachshunds for me, too. A red short hair (father) and a black & tan longhair (son). Both are around 14 lbs.

The longhair got to ride in my new convertible Sunday. He was a sight. We tried to breed him last week and apparently he's taken an oath of celibacy. :wink:

well i quess since kids and grandkids don't count, we don't have any animals of the 4 legged kind since our keeshound pass away a couple of years ago. i have been keeping this little guy fed for a couple of months. i guess since we had so much snow so early this year, his menu is pretty limited and he was just plain hungry enough to venture into town and visit us. his name is todd and he stops by every night at least once. doesn't seem to be to timid and i've caught him a couple of times peeking in the patio window watching me. i thought about not feeding him cause i don't want him hanging around in the spring/summer in case he gets a notion to start rootin around in my garden, but my brother said he would set out a live trap and take him out to his property if he is still a regular visiter come spring.

346278988.jpg

pets

we have 2 pomeranians-sammie, a 2 year old blond/sable. female she's "daddy's little girl" and a complete drama queen! she can't bear to have him out of her sight even for a minute. she cries at the bathroom door if he's in there and completely freaks out when he's in the tub. she won't eat out of a bowl, but will let him hand feed her off his plate. he even COOKS for her!

rudy is my red 3-5 year old rescue baby. found him on www.petfinder.org some one had beat him half to death and a vet rescued him. he lost an eye, broken ribs and dislocated shoulder. he took a terrible beating and for about 4 months had a real "trust" isssue. he rides with me in the truck and makes a long day easier to bear. he's a great friend and he's never met a hotdog he didn't like! i've never seen a little dog so crazy to go "bye-bye!". over the months i've watched a sad scared little dog grow into a sweet happy little boy.

people who abuse animals have no soul.

I have a 17 1/2 year old miniature poodle, a 14 year old cocker spaniel who is a rescue from when she was 10 years old (long sad story), a 4 year old Lhasa Poodle cross and a 3 year old Toy Poodle. We also have a 14 year old Calico cat and a 22 year old Cockatiel. As you can see we're not really into critters.... 8)

Barb that fox is beyond beautiful! When I lived in Falkland which is in the Okanagan of BC we had a Red Fox who lived in our area and I would see him often out hunting, Thank you for that picture....

Oh, How I do love my babes!

My Chessie, Noah is 10. He's a water dog, born on the Eastern Shore of MD.
He still cries and gets all excited when we cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. He knows he's going home!
kevinnoah-1.jpg
CIMG0121.jpg

Buddy Elf (Green Jacket, Yellow Pants - we got him in December) is our very Noisy Quaker Parrot.
He doesn't like to be in the cage and will fly to you if you call him, sometimes when you don't call him.
He's spoiled rotten and insists that he be fed whatever the family is eating.
If you've ever heard a Quaker's squawk you know, they get what they want.
423015-1.jpg

These 3 girls are my dolls

B&W - Skipper was a feral kitten born in our boat sitting at the beach house in the early Spring.
Thankfully someone called me when they heard the cries and drove over to get them.
Skipper was the runt and couldn't walk for several months, she just kinda pulled herself along with her front legs.
The vet wasn't sure she would make it.
She's fine now, her best friend is the dog as he raised her.
422001-1.jpg

Grey - Gracie was a dropoff my vet gave me a few years ago after my 14 YO Calico died.
She's a sweet little murderer and will kill anything that crawls in the yard.
We find mouse corpses on the doorstep nearly every day.
Grace's way of saying "Thanks" or "This could be you". We're not sure which.
She's a lap cat only when she wants to be.
Graceface-1.jpg

Tabby - Professor, or her full name - Professor Minerva McGonagall.
I saw her picture in the paper. She was a pound kitty.
Her owner was a Army Colonel, deployed to Iraq.
Pro had been left in someones care and that someone found her too hard to deal with, so they deposited her at the shelter.
She's a big girl at 23 lbs, but a total sweetheart!
Bonus, she loves dogs and birds!
professor.jpg
311005-1.jpg

Wow..............all these beautiful animals!!! I have 3 second chance Pick'umMe Felinus Beastamus. Fancy for street kitties who moved in and allow me to cater to their every need/desire. I am well trained.

Digit

I am loving reading about everyones wonderful pets......seems to me that soapers/crafters are a very kind and caring bunch.....lots of rescues and needful babies here.

dagmar88 gave me an idea with her 'before and after' shots of her lurvly kitties, so here is a pic of my Honey at 9 1/2 weeks her first day with us -

Tanya :)

2-28Dec04.jpg

hey topcat,
so here is a pic of my Honey at 9 1/2 weeks her first day with us
She's so cute, just like a little polar bear :D
It's always so amazing to get a baby pet; your so exited and they are sooo cute. And then in the blink of an eye they have grown to be your best friend :wink:

This is our Jack Russell called Ruisg, he's 2 and very cheeky!

And Collie, Fruin, the smart one! He just passed his advanced dog training test with 95.5%

We have a rescued cat "Shadow" who was dumped in an orchard and expected to fend for herself. She was about six mos. old when we got her and very shy. She's 12 yrs. old now and suddenly stopped being shy about 2 yrs ago!?! We also have a Dalmation rescue 15 yrs old name Bo He was 10 when we got him......owner didn't want him anymore after raising him for 10 years. I don't know how people can do that!!

We also have a BouvierXAustralian Shepherd Gemma..10 yrs. (a real sweetie), AkbashXGreat Pyrenese Bear...going on 2 yrs. ( real pain in the butt....but we love him.), 2 chi's Amber and Josie both 2 yrs. Amber had puppies Oct. 28 so they're vet checked and had first shots and are ready to go. The dad is my sister's Yorkie.

We also have several chickens and roosters. I love chickens!

No pets here! :lol:
I'm a dog person. DH is a cat person.

We *had* two purebred Boxers that were just darling.. but the man who "fixed" out fence did a half-ass job then took the money and ran. They kept getting out and were in danger - we didn't have any more money to fix it again (we paid him a lot!) so our only choice was to find them a safer home. It broke my heart, truly.. :( Outlaw and Bandit - they were super sweet!

We do have this spoiled rotten stupid ol' cat that hangs out here (I say that with the most loving tones, really!) - she was my father in law's cat (he lived next door) and when he passed away we inherited her.. YAY. :? I hate cats roflmao but my hubby loves her so I guess we'll keep her hehe
Her name is Tabby..

Hello Everyone, all your pets sound wonderful, well cared for, and happy. The pics are adorable. I have 3 pets-2 dogs my Peanut is half malteese and half yorkie and is 6yrs old she had her first pups in Nov. a male and female. Gave the female to the daddy dogs pets and kept the male his name is Pipsqueak and I have a white and brown rat whom I haven't managed to name yet but her name will come to me soon. And my mom has a min pin that I rescued from the animal shelter. He is a handful!!!

Krickett

here are my furry babies (if you really want to see them, you can click the pic to make it bigger):
This is my lil princess. Her name is Nina and I call her my lil Jackuahuahua cause she is a Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix

These are my kitties, Tamara & Zoe. They are pure bred persians. This pic was taken about 11 years ago but they still look the same!

Latest posts

Back