What brand of tent should I get for outdoor shows?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahcycled

Reaction score
I currently have a Wenzel tent from amazon, but it leaks when it rains and the sides are a pain to put up and take down. I've looked at the EZ Up tents, but there are so many different kinds within that brand that I have no idea which one would be best. What tents do you all like/use? And where can I find a good price?

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

I like Quikshade, you can get them at Home Depot or I got one online with free shipping.

Ez Up or California Palms make very nice canopies and you can purchase replacement part for most of their canopies. Sam's Club EzUps are better than they used to be with replaceable parts but are quite heavy and hard for one person to set up. It is best to go to a showroom and see what you can handle if you are on your own. If you do not have a showroom talk to a company rep and get their opinion, most are very helpful and knowledge

I love my EZ Up. Got it off of eBay. It's the commercial grade one, I believe. It's too heavy for me to lift on my own, but- I'm small, and lets be honest- weak. My EZ Up withstood storms that left other tents mangled. The sand bag weights that they make to go with are also fantastic.

I know that the ones that are available here state that they are a shade shelter and are not meant for rain, so you might want to read on the labels of the different ones to see if they say that, that will give you some idea if it will protect you from rain or not.

If you have a Sams club, the tent they have for $199 (They usually call it their professional tent or commercial tent) and is either an EZ up or Z shelter (Made by EZ up) and it is one of the best tents in that price range.

Tricks to keep your tent in good shape for years:

NEVER put it away wet. Open it up part way and dry it off in the house before you fold it completely.

ALWAYS tie it down with weights (Minimum 20 lbs per corner, EZ up recommends 40) and tie it to the CANOPY not the feet or the frame.

If there is a slight rain, try to slightly raise one side higher than the other, so no water collects on the top. a LITTLE rain will make the top sag, and then more will collect until the cross arms break.

ALWAYS try to have a second person open it, and go to the EZ up web site and watch the video about HOW to properly open it. If you do it RIGHT, it really does take a few seconds, is super easy and won;t hurt the tent.

I usually also make a NEW cover for mine and get rid of the case it comes with. Make it from uncolored heavy muslin and a little LOOSER than the case it comes with. Puts less wear and tear on the top.

My two cents.....

Back