What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to hear your thoughts on the eye creams. I have the same e-book and most of her others. Several years ago I began making an eye gel that another member had her asked about and it’s been working well for me but I am also considering switching to a lotion instead of gel. I don’t sell products, they are for personal use.
I'll get back to you after I've tested them for a bit. I do love the textures of both of them so far but that's about all I can say for now.

Today I haven't done anything yet. I'm not sure if I will be doing anything for a few days. My apartment is getting renovated and they are currently working on my soaping room.

I am excited though to be part of this soap making forum. I look forward to connecting with others.
Hi and welcome @Twig The Huntress! Make sure you introduce yourself to the rest of the forum in our Intro group.

Renovations.....so much fun (note the tinge of sarcasm). ;) Looking forward to seeing your future creations..

Made another 1000g batch of lotion yesterday for a friend, this time with Oat CO2 extract. Feels wonderful on the skin!

This friend likes scents with floral notes, so I blended equal proportions of CC's Hyacinth with CCS' Hardwood Musk. The blend smells great, but unfortunately, it triggered a horrible reaction for me, as many floral scents tend to do. Wonderful Mr. Oop graciously offered to clean up all the lotion-making implements and containers, since I was, err, confined to the smallest room of the house for a few hours, IYKWIM. 🤮🥴 He was quite anxious to neutralize the offending scent to avoid further distress when I returned to my soap room. I still haven't gone in there this morning.

I've been experimenting with a SCM recipe for a body milk using Jeesperse ICE-T CIS. It is not going well. I've made two small (250 ml) batches as written. The first batch separated within 12 hours. I increased the Jeesperse by 1% for the second batch and, after 24 hours, it's starting to separate as well. Frustrating.

I've been experimenting with a SCM recipe for a body milk using Jeesperse ICE-T CIS. It is not going well. I've made two small (250 ml) batches as written. The first batch separated within 12 hours. I increased the Jeesperse by 1% for the second batch and, after 24 hours, it's starting to separate as well. Frustrating.
Sorry to hear that! I haven’t tried many of her recipes, bc all of them call for at least one ingredient that I don’t have - and I have so many already!

Can you reach out to Susan directly for help, or on their Discord channel?

Sorry to hear that! I haven’t tried many of her recipes, bc all of them call for at least one ingredient that I don’t have - and I have so many already!

Can you reach out to Susan directly for help, or on their Discord channel?
I was thinking of doing just that. Can't do it from work though. ;)

@AliOop I‘m so sorry you had such a horrible reaction! I hope you’re feeling better.
Thank you, I am better! These reactions tend to come on fast and are pretty violent for a few hours. Then all of a sudden, it's over (except for a sore tummy, a headache, and sometimes sore neck muscles). I didn't feel like eating much today, but that's never a bad thing, lol. Felt good enough to make a fresh lye masterbatch, since I'm hoping to squeeze in one more try at a spoon swirl. They are usually so easy, but of course, not during a challenge, right? ;)

Made another 1000g batch of lotion yesterday for a friend, this time with Oat CO2 extract. Feels wonderful on the skin!

This friend likes scents with floral notes, so I blended equal proportions of CC's Hyacinth with CCS' Hardwood Musk. The blend smells great, but unfortunately, it triggered a horrible reaction for me, as many floral scents tend to do. Wonderful Mr. Oop graciously offered to clean up all the lotion-making implements and containers, since I was, err, confined to the smallest room of the house for a few hours, IYKWIM. 🤮🥴 He was quite anxious to neutralize the offending scent to avoid further distress when I returned to my soap room. I still haven't gone in there this morning.
So sorry! I have issues with fragrance too. It really stinks! Pun intended 😂

Update on this one, the second batch. I've been shaking it gently when I see it begin to separate and, after a week, it seems to be staying together.

Then, a customer asked if I could recreate one of her favourite products, a cleansing oil that the retailer (Portia-Ella) is out of. I had to order a couple of ingredients (HO Sunflower and Rosehip Seed oils - thank goodness for Prime 1-day delivery) but I had everything else on hand. With a little input from a couple of people on a FB formulating group, I came up with what we think is a pretty good formula. I tried making it today and I'm pretty happy with the results. The only thing I'll change in the next iteration is one of the oils; I subbed Camellia oil for Camelina oil. Camelina doesn't smell very good in this formula.

In my wandering today (my only day off this week), I visited the retailer of this oil and, while still out, they did have a sample bottle available. The woman looking after the store gave me a small sample vial so I now have something to compare my version to; it feels pretty close.

Update on this one, the second batch. I've been shaking it gently when I see it begin to separate and, after a week, it seems to be staying together.

Then, a customer asked if I could recreate one of her favourite products, a cleansing oil that the retailer (Portia-Ella) is out of. I had to order a couple of ingredients (HO Sunflower and Rosehip Seed oils - thank goodness for Prime 1-day delivery) but I had everything else on hand. With a little input from a couple of people on a FB formulating group, I came up with what we think is a pretty good formula. I tried making it today and I'm pretty happy with the results. The only thing I'll change in the next iteration is one of the oils; I subbed Camellia oil for Camelina oil. Camelina doesn't smell very good in this formula.

In my wandering today (my only day off this week), I visited the retailer of this oil and, while still out, they did have a sample bottle available. The woman looking after the store gave me a small sample vial so I now have something to compare my version to; it feels pretty close.
That’s great on both the lotion and cleansing oil! I’m more than a little jealous that you have one day prime delivery. We used to get our products in 2-3 days now it’s more like 7-10. That’s what we get for living in the boonies.
Today I made a face lotion with niacinimide, ceramide, hyaluronic acid, squalane and a bunch of other goodies. It’s a new recipe for me hoping I love it (from SCM).

That’s great on both the lotion and cleansing oil! I’m more than a little jealous that you have one day prime delivery. We used to get our products in 2-3 days now it’s more like 7-10. That’s what we get for living in the boonies.
Today I made a face lotion with niacinimide, ceramide, hyaluronic acid, squalane and a bunch of other goodies. It’s a new recipe for me hoping I love it (from SCM).
That sounds like an amazing lotion. I love all those ingredients!

Amazon is finally getting back to 1-2 day deliveries here; it's been a while.

Sorry! Posted the wrong message in the wrong place :) Meant to add here: today, I spent ages reading up on bath bombs! It's like another rabbit hole!
Sorry! Posted the wrong message in the wrong place :) Meant to add here: today, I spent ages reading up on bath bombs! It's like another rabbit hole!
So many rabbit holes! It’s easy to spend hours and hours researching.

Latest posts

Back