What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So speaking of lotion bars (at least thatā€™s what I was speaking, sitting over here planning a new batch today, so donā€™t leave me sitting here talking to myself, yaā€™ll!)ā€¦ā€¦.. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

My last batch was a big hit, which for me is the ladies in the office, Mom and Auntie liked them - LOLā€¦. so now I am making more today. I got an interesting text last night ā€œmy daughter loves the lotion bars and they work great for her chapped lipsā€ (sends pic of pouty lip teenager šŸ˜˜) - to which I immediately panicked a bit, but then happily verified all my ingredients were actually lip safe. If I had used a bit of a not lip safe mica, would I need to be worried??

Lotion bars oils - @Zing, I recall you speaking of loving Meadowfoam Oil, so I looked it up. I found what might be a good deal on it, at least it is less pricey than the oat oil I used (but even DH loves the feel and scent with the oat oil). Not as affordable as Sweet Almond Oil, but if it is magical, is this worth the cost? 16oz (thatā€™s 4 batches worth for me) for $21.50, with free shipping in the US.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/544475868/meadowfoam-seed-oil-cold-pressed-100?ref=cart
Hope everyone is having a good day šŸŒø

So speaking of lotion bars (at least thatā€™s what I was speaking, sitting over here planning a new batch today, so donā€™t leave me sitting here talking to myself, yaā€™ll!)ā€¦ā€¦.. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

My last batch was a big hit, which for me is the ladies in the office, Mom and Auntie liked them - LOLā€¦. so now I am making more today. I got an interesting text last night ā€œmy daughter loves the lotion bars and they work great for her chapped lipsā€ (sends pic of pouty lip teenager šŸ˜˜) - to which I immediately panicked a bit, but then happily verified all my ingredients were actually lip safe. If I had used a bit of a not lip safe mica, would I need to be worried??

Lotion bars oils - @Zing, I recall you speaking of loving Meadowfoam Oil, so I looked it up. I found what might be a good deal on it, at least it is less pricey than the oat oil I used (but even DH loves the feel and scent with the oat oil). Not as affordable as Sweet Almond Oil, but if it is magical, is this worth the cost? 16oz (thatā€™s 4 batches worth for me) for $21.50, with free shipping in the US.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/544475868/meadowfoam-seed-oil-cold-pressed-100?ref=cart
Hope everyone is having a good day šŸŒø
All Ima say about mmmmmeadowfoam seed oil is that I want to soak in a tub of it.

I also have gift recipients repurpose my lotion bars into chapstick and I rush to check ingredients. And I'm curious now about oat oil. Love this forum for all the ideas!

All Ima say about mmmmmeadowfoam seed oil is that I want to soak in a tub of it.

I also have gift recipients repurpose my lotion bars into chapstick and I rush to check ingredients. And I'm curious now about oat oil. Love this forum for all the ideas!
Well, THATā€™S a testimonial for meadowfoam oil, so now I pretty much have to buy some! šŸŒø

Technically, this is was yesterday's B&B thing... 30 foaming sugar scrubs ordered by a friend as a Valentine's Day gift for her employees. That girly-girl pink is from BB's Electric Bubblegum, and they are scented with the ever-popular unisex blend of Plumeria and Hardwood Musk from CCS.

IMG_2051.jpeg

Your packaging is simply lovely. Very nicely done.
Thank you, @Catscankim ! It's almost funny to receive positive comments on my packaging because creating labels used to be the most challenging aspect of making products. I have spent soooo many hours agonizing over labels and not being satisfied. Any of my kids could tell you that a high compliment for me is to be told that something I've made looks professional šŸ˜.

These particular labels I designed from the Avery website and had them printed for me. My knowledge and skills have improved greatly over the years, as has the label-making software on various websites. I also make use of Vistaprint for soap labels.

Technically, this is was yesterday's B&B thing... 30 foaming sugar scrubs ordered by a friend as a Valentine's Day gift for her employees. That girly-girl pink is from BB's Electric Bubblegum, and they are scented with the ever-popular unisex blend of Plumeria and Hardwood Musk from CCS.

View attachment 70539
You have me intrigued with that blend, @AliOop . I may have to try it one of these days šŸ˜Š.

You have me intrigued with that blend, @AliOop . I may have to try it one of these days šŸ˜Š.
All credit goes to @cmzaha for recommending those scents from CCS, and blending the two of them. The plumeria on its own it just beautiful, and I generally don't love florals so that says a lot. Adding the hardwood musk makes it a truly unisex scent, which is a boon for our secret plumeria lover @Zing. ;)

All credit goes to @cmzaha for recommending those scents from CCS, and blending the two of them. The plumeria on its own it just beautiful, and I generally don't love florals so that says a lot. Adding the hardwood musk makes it a truly unisex scent, which is a boon for our secret plumeria lover @Zing. ;)
What percentage of each scent @AliOop ?

Oops, have to be reminded about what CCS is? California Candle Supply?

Yes, California Candle Supply. :)

I've experimented with 4:1 and 3:1 of plumeria:musk, and both mixes were lovely.

It's almost funny to receive positive comments on my packaging because creating labels used to be the most challenging aspect of making products. I have spent soooo many hours agonizing over labels and not being satisfied. Any of my kids could tell you that a high compliment for me is to be told that something I've made looks professional šŸ˜
Yes, this! It's the hardest part for me, as well. My last batch of labels came through the printer a bit off-center, so I may go back to ordering from OnlineLabels, or maybe I will try Avery. I have been happy with OL but maybe should compare prices.

Last edited:
I just received an order for 28 scrubs (the DIY B&B recipe) from my friend who previously ordered a couple to give as Christmas gifts. She wants to give these as Valentineā€™s Day gifts for all of her employees (all women). Thatā€™s a big order for someone like me who ā€œdoesnā€™t sell.ā€ šŸ˜
Well done šŸ‘šŸ‘

I feel like it's been a while since I've done much in the way of Bath & Body but now it's time to get serious about the upcoming market season. We don't have our vehicle today and tomorrow so I'm working from home and this is definitely not our busy time so I had some time to play in the soap kitchen. I've had a couple of orders for hand lotion so I got on that today.

In a recent destash by another SMF member, I received a few new-to-me fragrances. One of them, Aztec's Aloe & Green Clover inspired one of the hand lotions. I used it to make a lotion that also contains shea butter, meadowfoam oil, cucumber extract, and green tea extract. It smells SO nice!! My husband said is smells like a spring morning.

Another batch of lotion is one of my most popular, Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey lotion, made with colloidal oatmeal, goat milk hydrolase (extract), and honey, and scented with OMH fragrance oil. Both lotions are made with the DIY Bath & Body Lotion Concentrate - so easy to make, easy to use, and makes great lotion.

I also took a few soap photos and set up some Instagram posts.

Latest posts

Back