What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alas, no bath bombs happened tonight. Since everything needs to be delivered and set up by 5pm tomorrow, I'm flat out of time for those. But I did use up all the white M&P base that I'd somehow amassed over the last year or so, along with the last of some fragrances. You can see a lot of spills on the one mold, which was the first one. That's all it took to remind me why I never use that particular glass measuring pitcher - it drips and spills and overpours no matter what is in it.

Once all of this is cleared out and dropped off tomorrow, my soap room will feel positively cavernous, I'm sure. Right now I have to move at least two things to get to anything else. 😅

Melt and Pour Soaps.jpg

PS - I just realized this post should have gone over in the Soapy Thing thread, but hopefully you can bear with me as this saga draws near to ending.

Alas, no bath bombs happened tonight. Since everything needs to be delivered and set up by 5pm tomorrow, I'm flat out of time for those. But I did use up all the white M&P base that I'd somehow amassed over the last year or so, along with the last of some fragrances. You can see a lot of spills on the one mold, which was the first one. That's all it took to remind me why I never use that particular glass measuring pitcher - it drips and spills and overpours no matter what is in it.

Once all of this is cleared out and dropped off tomorrow, my soap room will feel positively cavernous, I'm sure. Right now I have to move at least two things to get to anything else. 😅

View attachment 69828
PS - I just realized this post should have gone over in the Soapy Thing thread, but hopefully you can bear with me as this saga draws near to ending.
This picture almost makes me miss making all these types of items. Almost...

This picture almost makes me miss making all these types of items. Almost...
The M&P was fun at first. But I really don't have a good set-up for it since I am using the microwave in my soap room. I find it has such a nicer consistency if I heat and hold over the stove to ensure that it doesn't have a mix of overheated and unmelted bits. Maybe I'll get a cheap electric burner which would also be nice for lotion making and shampoo/conditioner bars, too. Also, I could really see a difference from one brand of base to another, and from one brand of glass measuring pitcher to another. Like you said, it almost makes me want to get into it more... almost... ;)

Here is a picture of the partial display set-up with donations from me and others. I have been down with a sinus infection and not able to attend, so a friend set this all up for me. Additional ornament trees and earring trees were added after this was taken, as well. I'm not sure why they used the unfitted table clothes instead of the fitted ones I sent, but this is all at another local church that is letting us use their facility, so perhaps some things got lost in the mix (or maybe they used these ones to hide the other half of the products underneath the table). Overall, I think they did a good job since none of them have ever done a market display before. Hoping to hear that it all went well!

Donation Table Set up.jpg

@AliOop that looks fantastic! Sorry to feel you're under the weather; I hope you feel better soon!

I've been making lip balms all morning. Five separate batches (only 18-20 per batch) for my next two upcoming markets, the last two of the season. It's taking all morning because I just got off an hour long phone call with my son. I'll put lip balm making aside for that any day!

Thank you, @Misschief, I am on the mend. 💜

Today's bath and body thing was wiping out approximately 200 containers purchased on destash awhile ago (the ones with the hitch-hiking spiders in the box, for those of you saw that post). They've been sitting in my garage for over a month now, so it feels good to have them all in a not-dirty, no-spider tub. I'll do a more thorough clean-up with soap, water, and alcohol right before I use them.

Last edited:
Can I tell yesterday's? I made Marie Rayma's Patron-only Hot Cocoa Body Milk recipe. It's a wonderfully light lotion that is not greasy. She has a hot cocoa theme going on this season, and this is a lighter version of the body butter.

After years of benefiting from Marie's many recipes, I finally became a patron. It's about time I gave her some support for all of the wonderful knowledge she shares. I'm really enjoying the 'extras' that patrons receive.

Can I tell yesterday's? I made Marie Rayma's Patron-only Hot Cocoa Body Milk recipe. It's a wonderfully light lotion that is not greasy. She has a hot cocoa theme going on this season, and this is a lighter version of the body butter.

After years of benefiting from Marie's many recipes, I finally became a patron. It's about time I gave her some support for all of the wonderful knowledge she shares. I'm really enjoying the 'extras' that patrons receive.
I made the Hot Cocoa Lip Butter... it's really nice!

I made a very small batch of soap-shred sugar scrubs, scented in ginger lime, for a family member who loves that FO as much as I do.

Then I heard from the ladies who ran the Christmas Boutique in my absence on Saturday. They sold over half the products, and would have sold more if I had been present with my card reader. We are going to set everything up for more sales tomorrow evening; it sounds like the rest of the product will be gone after that. I did price it very, very reasonably so that folks could purchase affordable Christmas gifts, with the proceeds going to scholarships for ladies who want to attend our retreats but don't have the means.

After two failed bath bomb batches (say that 10x fast), and two accelerated and chunky pine tar soaps, I finally made some pretty bath bombs using my mooncake press. I am going to press my luck and try another batch before calling it quits tonight.

View attachment 69999
hehehehe..... press your luck??? I see what you did there. ;)

Totally unintentional but let’s go with it! 😁

I should have called it quits after the first one. The second batch fought me a bit. The details aren’t as sharp, but overall the bombs turned out ok. This morning they are rock hard, thankfully.

Totally unintentional but let’s go with it! 😁

I should have called it quits after the first one. The second batch fought me a bit. The details aren’t as sharp, but overall the bombs turned out ok. This morning they are rock hard, thankfully.
That, right there, is the reason I don't do bath bombs. Even though I have a decent recipe, they're just too finicky.

Latest posts

Back