What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I introduced to my line of products a Men's Beard Conditioner. It is called Bourbon Tobacco and it smells terrific. I plan on also adding to my men's line a shampoo and shower gel with the same scent.
Hi Dalewaite48,

Have you tried your hands on Hair and beard wax as well? Thanks in advance

Worked on finalizing the selection of donated items for the upcoming Ladies' Christmas Event. So far I have sugar scrubs (4 different scents), roll-on lotion bars (in mini deo tubes), regular lotion bars, cuticle balm, lip balm in tubes, lip balm in pots, lip scrubs, and soaps. I had hoped to make bath bombs today, but it was my first day back at work after family that was visiting for the holiday weekend left early this morning. The house looked like a tornado hit, so I cleaned up during phone calls when I could and did more tonight after work. Bath bombs are a remote possibility for Thursday, but labels have to be the first priority since these items must be properly labeled for sale at the luncheon. Everything has to be delivered by Friday at 2pm. :oops::eek:

Donations 1.jpg

donations 2.jpg

Worked on finalizing the selection of donated items for the upcoming Ladies' Christmas Event. So far I have sugar scrubs (4 different scents), roll-on lotion bars (in mini deo tubes), regular lotion bars, cuticle balm, lip balm in tubes, lip balm in pots, lip scrubs, and soaps. I had hoped to make bath bombs today, but it was my first day back at work after family that was visiting for the holiday weekend left early this morning. The house looked like a tornado hit, so I cleaned up during phone calls when I could and did more tonight after work. Bath bombs are a remote possibility for Thursday, but labels have to be the first priority since these items must be properly labeled for sale at the luncheon. Everything has to be delivered by Friday at 2pm. :oops::eek:

View attachment 69784

View attachment 69785
Do the square tins have cute little snowman soaps in them? I love that they are donations. Doesn’t pay the bills, but it sure makes you feel good.

Do the square tins have cute little snowman soaps in them? I love that they are donations. Doesn’t pay the bills, but it sure makes you feel good.
Those are actually little snowman lotion bars. They were a huge hit last year. Each tin will either have two snowmen, or one snowman and a mini-lip scrub. The lip scrubs are flavored with something like Sweet Sugared Kisses; I can't remember the exact name of it, but it's like putting a warm sugar cookie on your lips. 😋

To keep costs in line, I worked hard to use up ingredients and containers that were purchased on destash and/or that I had on hand, including soap shreds for the sugar scrub base. And full disclosure, the generosity of some of our members really helped! Some time ago, @cmzaha was very generous with her destash of containers, FOs and molds, including the ever-popular mini-snowman mold. @Todd Ziegler was generous with providing lip balms (the ones in tubes) at a great price, and others helped with knowledge and recipes (like @Zing's lotion bars) to help me pull it together. I appreciate the depth of generosity of this forum, for sure!

Last edited:
And here I was feeling good about making another batch of shampoo/facial bars. I made a 500g batch today instead of just a 100g bar like the two previous times. I mostly did this out of sheer curiousity to see if maybe it's a recipe that acts differently when scaled down.
I learned another helpful tip: Don't add more once you've already poured! I rewarmed my batter but there wasn't enough for another bar, so I thought I'd just add it to the tops of the ones I had already poured. Man oh man, what a terrible idea. They turned out ugly ugly. I waited until they set in the freezer, grated them, remelted, and poured them again. Now they are pretty.

@Servant4Christ you should feel great about that! It can be so stressful when first working with a new recipe with all new ingredients. It takes perseverance to keep working at it.

(psst - I learned that same lesson the exact same way about not pouring over the top of an existing bar) 😆

I also learned that I can scrape together what's leftover and squish it like playdough until it forms another makeshift bar.

View attachment 69802
Great idea!

I introduced to my line of products a Men's Beard Conditioner. It is called Bourbon Tobacco and it smells terrific. I plan on also adding to my men's line a shampoo and shower gel with the same scent.
Oh i can just imagine the lovely scent. An old flame of mine (pun intended) smoked bourbon whiskey blend in his pipe....one of the good memories😁.

View attachment 69784

View attachment 69785
Wowwwww, @AliOop! Amazing! Love love love! 🌸

View attachment 69784

View attachment 69785
C'mon, now, don't be slacking! Where are the bath bombs??!!
And what are roll-on lotion bars?

I wondered about the roll-on lotion bars, too.

After making that small batch of shampoo/facial bars yesterday, I noticed that when adding a little hot water to the bowl I mixed them in, I whipped up an unbelievable amount of lather. So, out of curiosity, instead of dumping it down the drain, I put the water and lather in a quart mason jar to see how long lather would hold. It's been over 24 hours (nearly 36hrs, actually) and the lather is still not going anywhere! And no, nobody has shaken the jar because I hid it. 😂

Oh my dear @Zing, I just knew I could count on you for "encouragement" and "support." ;) Hopefully bath bombs will happen tonight, but NO promises. First there will be a whole bunch of M&P soaps, which I don't usually make, but I don't have enough cured CP on hand. Plus, this is an opportunity to use up a lot of M&P base, colors, and FOs that came along with other ingredients purchased on destash.

For now, everything else is finally labeled, including sample-sized lip scrub pots and sample-sized lip balm pots. It took awhile for labeling inspiration to strike, since the 1" pots are waaaay to small for any readable labels. I finally realized that they could go together in a little drawstring bag, with a label attached to that. I did the larger lip scrub pots the same way. Both have labels on the back with my contact info. Please excuse the lousy printing since my printer is tired and acting up after all of this!

Products.jpg

Roll-on lotion bars are just like regular lotion bars, but they have a titch more beeswax to make them just a tad firmer, and they are poured into mini-deodorant tubes. That way, they can be easily applied during the workday without getting any on the tips of the fingers (which then get onto the computer keyboard, etc.). You can find a variety of shapes and sizes of the small deo tubes at SKS bottle and other packaging places. The ones I have were purchased on destash from another generous SMF member. I labeled them as "Solid Lotion Sticks" but figured y'all would have a better idea of what I meant by "lotion bars" - which as we all know, are really body butter bars, right?

View attachment 69784

View attachment 69785
I love those little mini snowmen. I still have a container of mini snowmen sugar scrubs in my bathroom. They make adorable little sugar scrubs!! I am so glad a lot of your destash is going to good use!!

Back