What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sell my lotion bars for $10. They weigh 2.65 oz. I put a little mica in and make them into cute flowers/shapes and people go crazy for them! They look pretty, so they attract a lot of attention. I feel like I’ve made the nicest lotion bar, it’s got three butters: mango, cocoa, Shea!

They look pretty, so they attract a lot of attention.
How about a pic.gif

Attachments

• 68368720-1EE2-4797-BE95-EE8135ED6754.jpeg
    68368720-1EE2-4797-BE95-EE8135ED6754.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 12B2CBBB-3C51-4EA9-ABAB-2101127B0ABE.jpeg
    12B2CBBB-3C51-4EA9-ABAB-2101127B0ABE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • F1EDD64A-73F5-4603-9485-403420CF81A8.jpeg
    F1EDD64A-73F5-4603-9485-403420CF81A8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • F21929E5-DD9F-41D6-9CC2-F2093FE2A791.jpeg
    F21929E5-DD9F-41D6-9CC2-F2093FE2A791.jpeg
  • 59D5D311-234A-4BA6-8FBA-E6297BBAFBE8.jpeg
    59D5D311-234A-4BA6-8FBA-E6297BBAFBE8.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 61A6E039-2AB7-4C06-A343-0DEAF7566DF7.jpeg
    61A6E039-2AB7-4C06-A343-0DEAF7566DF7.jpeg
I sell my lotion bars for $10. They weigh 2.65 oz. I put a little mica in and make them into cute flowers/shapes and people go crazy for them! They look pretty, so they attract a lot of attention. I feel like I’ve made the nicest lotion bar, it’s got three butters: mango, cocoa, Shea!
They sound like they are luxurious and are gorgeous to look at, too. I love that you put so much effort into your lotion bars! Apparently so do your customers.

So pretty. I love lotion bars, I use mine in the shower before I dry myself. They leave my skin very soft and moisturised. I can smell the fragrance oil from them all day.

These are beautiful!! Do you mind sharing where you got your molds?
Amazon for the assorted flowers and bescented for the sunflowers, I think the rose one is from bescented as well. The sunflowers are very popular.

I’m an esthetician for 32 years. I’ve been making my face butter for years and then back in 2018 I bought a lotion bar. I thought it was so cool, I had to have one. It had so much beeswax you could hardly use it but it started me researching! About the same time I was making lip balms. I still use the same formula. I only started with soap in 2020. I was so bored.. It sounds crazy but every morning I woke up I said, “ just make soap!” It saved me 😂

I diluted some soap paste for liquid soap. Just for kicks I scented with “Revive” from EO calc. Smells pretty darn good!
I took some “Revive” LS into the work office staff bathroom and left it. 🤩 Let me just say that 1. It’s nearly gone in less than a week & 2. I think darn near every user has commented on the pleasing scent & asks what the fragrance is. The principal has made @ least SIX comments of how much she LOVES the soap & scent so I’m thinking a bottle of her own is in order for her birthday. 🥳

Last edited:
I think I remember stumbling onto Zing's lotion bar recipe here somewhere, but for the life of me I can't remember which of the gazillion threads it was in! There is so. much. info. here.
I don't know how I missed this. Simple recipe. One third each of beeswax, mango butter, liquid oil (I like alone or combinations of sweet almond, jojoba, meadowfoam seed). I also add essential oil and vitamin E oil at 1%.

It's been a while (it seems) since I've posted anything at all. At last week's market, I ran out of shampoo bars and yesterday I had a customer order 3 of my Scalp Loving Shampoo bars so that's what I'm doing this morning. I should be making several batches of shampoo bars, and I may just do that, but I'm healing from a concussion and still have a bit of concussion brain.

The Scalp Loving Shampoo bars are made with Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Burdock root extract, White Willow Bark extract, Nettle extract, and Mallow infused Avocado oil, among other ingredients. They've become quite popular.

Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Burdock root extract, White Willow Bark extract, Nettle extract, and Mallow infused Avocado oil, among other ingredients.
Thanks for sharing! Sounds fantastic! 🥰
If you don't mind my asking, Lye-based or Syndets?

Thanks for sharing! Sounds fantastic! 🥰
If you don't mind my asking, Lye-based or Syndets?
Syndet. I use the DIY Bath & Body Shampoo bar recipe.

Your shampoo bars do sound lovely! Is this the hot-pour DIY B&B recipe?

This is the regular shampoo bar, made with powdered SCI (last recipe in the booklet).

Hope you are healing well from your concussion. Brain injuries need much additional care. Be well.
@Misschief I hope you are fully recovered from your concussion soon
@Misschief sorry to hear about the concussion - get better soon, 🙏

Thank you all. My accident (fell out of the hammock onto a concrete pad) happened two weeks ago. I still have a lump on my head but it's healing well. I have various bumps and bruises all down my left side; the only one that still bothers me is my hip (my doctor said it will take time). He's happy with my progress, though. As I alluded, I still have occasional concussion brain but, all in all, I'm doing well and John (my husband) is making sure I'm well looked after.

Today was another day of playing in the kitchen. In addition to the shampoo bars, my friend also asked for some of my Knitter's Hand Cream. I didn't have enough left to complete her request so I made another small batch today. It's made with the DIY Bath & Body Lotion Concentrate and is made with lanolin, silk, and argan oil. Then, because I still had some lip scrub base, I made three kinds of Fruit Smoothie Lip Scrub - Raspberry, Banana Custard, and Pumpkin Pie (Banana Custard is not pictured). Again, it's a DIY Bath & Body recipe. When I have them, the lip scrubs are quite popular and they're quick and easy to make. I usually make a 500 gram batch of the base, which will give me 10 batches of finished scrub (five 20 gram pots per batch).

Knitters hand cream (1).png Fruit Smoothie Lip Scrubs.png

Back