What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@nadsnads I definitely prefer the citric acid DSS over the vinegar version for that reason. There is almost zero smell to it since I don't add EOs. My sprayer does a very fine mist, so the wet look to the shower doors dissipates quickly.

Thanks for the link to the enzyme cleaner, as well as the tip about the smell. Another reviewer mentioned that, as well - too bad. I'll be on the lookout for something similar that is unscented.

I honestly don't mind cleaning the shower, toilets and sinks. Floors are my nemesis. First the vacuuming or sweeping, then the mopping. So.Much.Time.

I spent a few hours researching lotion ingredients and additives. Total rabbit hole, and now I have 3 carts going at various online vendors.
I think you saw my post about successfully completing my 1st solo lotion batch. I can see how large a 🐇 hole that research could be! What additive are you most looking forward to receiving?

I think you saw my post about successfully completing my 1st solo lotion batch. I can see how large a 🐇 hole that research could be! What additive are you most looking forward to receiving?
Isn't it fun? Tamanu oil, soapwort extract, allantoin, and horsetail extract are new items coming my way that I look forward to trying. I also restocked my supplies of fine pumice, red raspberry oil, cetyl alcohol, lecithin, and squalane. Then over to SKS for some packaging. It was an expensive afternoon. 😁

@nadsnads I definitely prefer the citric acid DSS over the vinegar version for that reason. There is almost zero smell to it since I don't add EOs. My sprayer does a very fine mist, so the wet look to the shower doors dissipates quickly.

Thanks for the link to the enzyme cleaner, as well as the tip about the smell. Another reviewer mentioned that, as well - too bad. I'll be on the lookout for something similar that is unscented.

I honestly don't mind cleaning the shower, toilets and sinks. Floors are my nemesis. First the vacuuming or sweeping, then the mopping. So.Much.Time.
Good to know! I'll have to try spraying less. Thanks for all the tips!

I love seeing the photos in the thread. I helps to show what you are discussing. And I just like them.
We have plenty of room on the servers for you to upload the images right here.
Thank you, @Prysm! My sentiments exactly. I can understand for the soap thread but I think in this thread, it's entirely appropriate to post pictures.

Any thread on the forum it is allowed and encouraged. And same images can be in the media area.
I'm trying to get the word out, as some have really be posting misinformation and making some members feel as if they are doing wrong. Those members are doing it correctly.

For the past year or so, I've been doing a LOT of reading on Swift Crafty Monkey's blog; earlier this year, I came across her recipe for Lanolin & Lecithin Cuticle Balm and made a small batch for my husband and myself, thinking it might help with his really rough feet (he has circulation issues in one of his feet due to an old injury). This stuff is amazing! I've been using it on my fingers, toes, and heels and I don't think they've ever looked as good and felt as good as they do now. Today, because it's a long weekend, I took the opportunity to make a larger batch for an upcoming market.

You will need a subscription to access the recipe (they start at $1 per month) but I can tell you it's well worth it.

20220801_152605_HDR.jpg

I could never figure out what cuticle cream was for since I just get rid of my cuticles by cutting them. Is it greasy? How do you use it?
It's thick and it's rich and it's a little greasy but soaks in quickly. It helps to soften your cuticles and the lanolin helps with water repelling. It's really helped my cuticles and nails. They're stronger and more resilient now than they've ever been.

It's thick and it's rich and it's a little greasy but soaks in quickly. It helps to soften your cuticles and the lanolin helps with water repelling. It's really helped my cuticles and nails. They're stronger and more resilient now than they've ever been.
I've used @Misschief's cuticle balm and will totally vouch for it! It really does soften and yet strengthen nails at the same time. I put it on before bed so it has at least 8 hours to soak in without any hand-washing.

Last edited:
I just unpacked my MMS order that I only placed this past Sunday. They are only a 4-hour drive from me, but that's still very fast processing and shipping by today's standards, IME.

It was exciting to unpack a few new-to-me lotion ingredients, and to restock some olds ones, but I have to confess... when putting away the raspberry seed oil, I found an unopened container that I'd ordered last month, which had gotten pushed to the side and out of view. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does that!

Tonight I hope to make lotion if I can get enough work done before then. Lunch hour is almost over so I'd better get back to it now.

It was exciting to unpack a few new-to-me lotion ingredients, and to restock some olds ones, but I have to confess... when putting away the raspberry seed oil, I found an unopened container that I'd ordered last month, which had gotten pushed to the side and out of view. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does that!

Yeah, no, you're not the only one. I've done that more than once, I hate to admit.

So what's the first thing you're going to make?

I need to restock my solid conditioner bars, and plan to try the horsetail grass extract. But I'm dithering on the usage rate. Any suggestions? Here is the blurb from their website:

This extract is ULTRA concentrated and is actually 10 times the concentration of our original Horsetail Grass Extract. A little will go a very long way!

Why use horsetail grass extract? Horsetail Grass Extract is an astringent, healing, texturizer, elasticizer, high in silica, adds strength & sheen to hair, and is good for the skin.

Where should you use Horsetail Grass Extract? Try it in a hair conditioner, split end treatment, products to prevent hair loss and greasy hair, nail strengthener, moisturizing body cream, creams to prevent wrinkles and ointments.

Usage rates are generally 0.1 to 10%. We use up to 1% in the liquid bases like shampoo and conditioner and 2 to 4 % in massage oils. Under extreme conditions, we can see the usage as high as 10%, but not as a daily care product.

EDIT: I want the strength and sheen, but don't need the astringency. So I'm thinking 1% max?

Back