What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This talk of making serums has peaked my interest. I started using one by Valentia called Bakuchiol serum with Prebiotics & Sea Fennel. I am loving it, but it was pricey. However, I doubt I will run out of it anytime soon because a little goes a long way. Still, I do want to look into the serum-making process.

I made three batches of syndet shampoo bars. The blue ones are scented with OT's Coconut, but all I smell is... something I don't like. I'll probably remelt them and add a different FO.
Shampoo bars.jpeg

Update on the shampoo bars: our son is visiting this week, and I asked him to tell me what scent he got from the blue bars. He immediately said, “Coconut!” When I enquired further, he said it was just like a coconut macaroon.

While that was a relief on the one hand that I don’t have to remelt and re-scent them, it is disappointing that, 16 months post-Covid, my sense of smell is still so messed up. I smell zero coconut, only waxy crayons. 😖

What’s weird is that I can smell the coconut very well from the FO bottle; I just can’t smell it in the product at all. Other scents used in the other bars transferred just fine from bottle to bars. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I will be making another purchase from lotion crafter so that I can make more of the shark sauce inspired serum. Literally this is the best stuff I’ve ever used on my finicky skin. Now, it doesn’t stop my cystic acne that I get on my chin once a month like clockwork but I feel like that’s an internal issue and I really don’t expect anything external to fix it.

Seriously, I’m so thankful that this was brought up a few weeks ago because I’ve been struggling for years now with adult acne and I’ve had lasers, retinol, acid, nothing was helping and honestly most of this stuff was just irritating my skin more.

Right now I’m using plain gentle face cleaner and shark sauce…besides a sunscreen in the morning, that’s it! Oh, and an eye cream if I remember.

The only thing that bothers me (very slight) is it is a bit sticky. I think it may be the cucumber extract so I’m going to change it up a tad on my next go around.

Forgive me for not being photogenic lol…the top is today, the bottom left is day one and bottom right is midway.

Attachments

• 0EED4F47-B8C1-4D7E-9D0B-F2B307F44D62.jpeg
    0EED4F47-B8C1-4D7E-9D0B-F2B307F44D62.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 0
I will be making another purchase from lotion crafter so that I can make more of the shark sauce inspired serum. Literally this is the best stuff I’ve ever used on my finicky skin. Now, it doesn’t stop my cystic acne that I get on my chin once a month like clockwork but I feel like that’s an internal issue and I really don’t expect anything external to fix it.

Seriously, I’m so thankful that this was brought up a few weeks ago because I’ve been struggling for years now with adult acne and I’ve had lasers, retinol, acid, nothing was helping and honestly most of this stuff was just irritating my skin more.

Right now I’m using plain gentle face cleaner and shark sauce…besides a sunscreen in the morning, that’s it! Oh, and an eye cream if I remember.

The only thing that bothers me (very slight) is it is a bit sticky. I think it may be the cucumber extract so I’m going to change it up a tad on my next go around.

Forgive me for not being photogenic lol…the top is today, the bottom left is day one and bottom right is midway.
I'm really impressed! It's really made a difference for you; that gives me hope that it's something my granddaughter will appreciate.

And you're lovely!

I made a batch of lavender lotion bars (beeswax, mango butter, jojoba, sweet almond, meadowfoam seed sweet meadowfoam seed oil). Tomorrow we are headed to our youngest's graduation from college. We are proud parents!! The pandemic messed up his college education and we are enormously thrilled to finally get a ceremony!! Our Noah's best friend's family is hosting a party and I'm taking soaps and lotion bars for them. I'm also packing several soaps and lotion bars for him to give to his friends.

Last edited:
A friend is coming over today to pick out some cured soap off my rack to take to a family reunion. Apparently my friend had given some of my lavender goat milk soaps to her sister for Christmas. Said sister is now pleading for more. I don't have lavender goat milk, but there is one goat milk option with another scent, as well as the triple-rice soap (unscented), and a few other scents and combos. It will be interesting to see what she ends up selecting.

It's been a while since I made anything; with markets only once a month and sales not that great, there hasn't been much need. However, I've purchased a few ingredients that I really wanted to play with. One of them is an ingredient called Hilurlip, which is an oil-soluble product made with hyaluronic acid. I bought it mainly so I could make Humblebee and Me's Moisturizing Overnight Lip Mask, as per the recipe. I make it without the Hilurlip and it's one of my favourite lip balms, very rich, very sticky, and very effective.

I got off work early today so I decided it was a good time to make a small (100 gram) batch, seeing as I'm meeting an old friend for coffee tomorrow and wanted to give her a little surprise gift (a bar of soap and a lip balm). As an aside, it isn't that she's old (unless you count 67 as old); it's just that we haven't seen each other in 50 years. We were in high school together and spent that summer together with a group of church kids from all over Canada helping businesses in Jasper and I just recently found out that she lives in the same town, and not all that far from where I live. So, we decided to get together for coffee tomorrow.

Anyway, I love this stuff without the Hilurlip and I'm looking forward to trying the recipe as written.

Night Time Lip Balm.png

A friend is coming over today to pick out some cured soap off my rack to take to a family reunion. Apparently my friend had given some of my lavender goat milk soaps to her sister for Christmas. Said sister is now pleading for more. I don't have lavender goat milk, but there is one goat milk option with another scent, as well as the triple-rice soap (unscented), and a few other scents and combos. It will be interesting to see what she ends up selecting.
Sorry, I just realized that I posted that previous comment in the wrong thread - that was supposed to be in the soapy thing thread! However, it did turn into a bath and body thing because she saw my syndet shampoo bars and sugar scrub, so we discussed the merits of each. She wasn't ready to try a shampoo bar, but I'm going to make a new batch of sugar scrub so she can try some in the scent she prefers.

I don't often make soap. I usually buy multi-purpose products that are easy to use because it is quite suitable for my work. I often use Hatomugi Moisturizing & Washing

Back