What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I’m making a batch of the DIY Bath & Body Lip Scrub and serum. My daughter’s girlfriends are always on her about getting her Mom to make extra and to stop being so stingy🤣🤣 figured I’d make a few things and she can keep them in a basket at her place for when the girls are over. I really LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the serum. It may be the nicest feeling lip product I have ever used!!

Today I’m making a batch of the DIY Bath & Body Lip Scrub and serum. My daughter’s girlfriends are always on her about getting her Mom to make extra and to stop being so stingy🤣🤣 figured I’d make a few things and she can keep them in a basket at her place for when the girls are over. I really LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the serum. It may be the nicest feeling lip product I have ever used!!
That scrub is my favorite. I wonder if I should try making the serum though...for some reason I've just never gotten around to it.

Holy glass skin! Thanks for sharing this! I am such a skincare junkie. Putting in my order for the sea kelp bioferment, NAG, and HA right now...lol.
LOL.. I've done the same. My order should be here some time next week. I'll be subbing out the SeaMollient for something else (probably more SKB) because I haven't found a Canadian supplier that carries it. I've made her Vita Sea serum and love it!

I haven't made soap in ages (well, a month) but I'm obsessed with the sea kelp ferment and I've been making some test products with it. Last weekend, I made a face cream (from the DIY lotion concentrate) to which I added 14% Sea Kelp Bioferment, hyaluronic acid, allantoin, silk peptides, seaweed extract, isopropyl myristate and sodium lactate. It is amazing. It's really silky and soaks in nicely. It does soap a bit but that goes away pretty quickly.

Today, I made a hand lotion and added SKB, aloe vera juice, shea butter, tamanu oil, seaweed extract, IPM and Fruit Acid Complex.

Now I need to use up all these samples I'm making. I have cream and lotion samples everywhere!

I haven't made soap in ages (well, a month) but I'm obsessed with the sea kelp ferment and I've been making some test products with it. Last weekend, I made a face cream (from the DIY lotion concentrate) to which I added 14% Sea Kelp Bioferment, hyaluronic acid, allantoin, silk peptides, seaweed extract, isopropyl myristate and sodium lactate. It is amazing. It's really silky and soaks in nicely. It does soap a bit but that goes away pretty quickly.

Today, I made a hand lotion and added SKB, aloe vera juice, shea butter, tamanu oil, seaweed extract, IPM and Fruit Acid Complex.

Now I need to use up all these samples I'm making. I have cream and lotion samples everywhere!
I'm happy to volunteer as a tester - solely to help you out, of course! 😁

I just wish my daughter (or you) lived nearer; she's a great tester. No holding back, always good input. I have friends who love my products but they really don't give me helpful feedback.
I know what you mean. I think people are so grateful to receive a nice product that they are afraid to be honest about whether something is too drying, too greasy, etc.

My daughter thankfully is also brutally honest. She isn't into handmade soap, but she likes my body butter and is absolutely gaga for my syndet shampoo bars and conditioner bars (both DIY B&B recipes, of course). Her hairdresser says that her hair has never been as soft and healthy since she started using them. We both have coarse hair, so that was a high compliment!

I know what you mean. I think people are so grateful to receive a nice product that they are afraid to be honest about whether something is too drying, too greasy, etc.

My daughter thankfully is also brutally honest. She isn't into handmade soap, but she likes my body butter and is absolutely gaga for my syndet shampoo bars and conditioner bars (both DIY B&B recipes, of course). Her hairdresser says that her hair has never been as soft and healthy since she started using them. We both have coarse hair, so that was a high compliment!

I've been using the DIY shampoo bars for a couple of years now and every time I get my hair cut, I ask for a "report card" on my hair. She always tells me I have very fine hair, a LOT of it, and it's (in her words) "extremely healthy".

I sent my sister a bottle of the B3/B5 Serum (DIY B&B recipe) and she gave me her honest feedback (sisters... they'll always give you an honest opinion, whether you want it or not). She felt it didn't really make a difference for her but she already uses a similar serum and has been using it for a while and admitted that she might not be the best person to give feedback. She's going to give it to her almost 40 year old daughter and get feedback from her.

Made the “shark serum” tonight…I put it in quotations because I took a lot of creative liberty but the inspiration came from her blog post. It’s thickening right now but I’m excited about trying it tonight. Hoping it does something to help my stress acne.

Now I have to try to figure out why I bought glucono delta lactone…because I can’t remember and it wasn’t for this project…

Last edited:
Made the “shark serum” tonight…I put it in parentheses because I took a lot of creative liberty but the inspiration came from her blog post. It’s thickening right now but I’m excited about trying it tonight. Hoping it does something to help my stress acne.

Now I have to try to figure out why I bought glucono delta lactone…because I can’t remember and it wasn’t for this project…
I have a few such ingredients in my soaping cabinets...

Made the “shark serum” tonight…I put it in parentheses because I took a lot of creative liberty but the inspiration came from her blog post. It’s thickening right now but I’m excited about trying it tonight. Hoping it does something to help my stress acne.

Can't help you with the glucono delta lactone but I'm curious to find out what you think about the "Shark sauce".

Can't help you with the glucono delta lactone but I'm curious to find out what you think about the "Shark sauce".
I took before pictures. So I’ll let you all know in a couple of weeks. My version is closer to her 2.0 formula, the snail water version because I didn’t want to deal with the oil phase…but still a few tweaks.

I signed up for three craft fairs: September, October, and December!

These will be my first ever, so I’d love some pointers on what bath and body products besides soap are good to sell at markets.

Lip balms are too frustrating for me, and I’m not ready to sell any lotions or other water-based products. I am considering bath bombs, shower steamers, bath soaks/salts, lotion bars, and maaaaybeee syndet shampoo bars.

Any other suggestions? Or warnings about what NOT to bring? My brand is a little whimsical or eclectic, if that helps.

I signed up for three craft fairs: September, October, and December!

These will be my first ever, so I’d love some pointers on what bath and body products besides soap are good to sell at markets.

Lip balms are too frustrating for me, and I’m not ready to sell any lotions or other water-based products. I am considering bath bombs, shower steamers, bath soaks/salts, lotion bars, and maaaaybeee syndet shampoo bars.

Any other suggestions? Or warnings about what NOT to bring? My brand is a little whimsical or eclectic, if that helps.

Soap is still my biggest seller. Shampoo bars move well but since I put them in glassine bags, they're not moving at all because people just can't see them. Steamers were a good seller, as were bath products (soaks and salts).

I bought and made bubble bath salts from the Two Wild Hares recipe:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/496...793c0623f40e9fbc25e8109db43e71df6ae:496092134
They sold well and they're lovely recipes.

Back