What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, I like it! I don't make soap all that often - how many showers can one girl take for heaven's sake? - but I make lots of other soap-adjacent things and I'm busting to chat about them!!

I've never had great success with conditioner bars, mine are always too hard :( Any tips :) ?

I made some liquid shampoo today, which is new for me! I usually make shampoo bars but my kids have been asking for a liquid. My hair can't tolerate even a sniff of lye so it's syndets only. I wish I could remember where I got the original recipe I'm tweaking, but I'm using capryl glucoside, foaming silk, cetrimonium for slip and witch hazel with citric acid to bring down the pH... I used Zing's forest blend of EOs (thank you @Zing !) It is *muah* chefs kiss* SO good! Could probably use a little more bubble but it's a good start.

Not really picture-worthy, so I'll just leave you imagining the springy-foresty-clean goodness. 🌲

Conditioner bars, three varieties.

Conditioner bars.png

A few months ago, my neighbour gave me a recipe for Zinc Cream. She's asked me a few times if I've made it yet and I hadn't. Well, today, I did. In honour of her, I'm calling it Auntie Erica's Zinc Creme. Erica is a former ER nurse who loves formulating. It's a lovely cream and I think it's loosely based on Humblebee & Me's Calamine Zinc cream. I make with lavender and calendula infused sunflower oil and it's scented with lavender essential oil.

Auntie Erica's Zinc Creme.png

While waiting for my liquid soap to dilute, I made a Mango sugar scrub. I used a fine grind sugar because regular sugar seems a little to ruff on my skin. I used grape seed oil. It’s very moisturizing.

Attachments

• 51999E9D-A79B-45E1-8AFD-4DA1EBCE9897.jpeg
    51999E9D-A79B-45E1-8AFD-4DA1EBCE9897.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 11
I made a whipped body butter with mango and shea butters and arrowroot powder and a little bit of clary sage and lemongrass essential oils.
That sounds amazing!

While waiting for my liquid soap to dilute, I made a Mango sugar scrub. I used a fine grind sugar because regular sugar seems a little to ruff on my skin. I used grape seed oil. It’s very moisturizing.

Looks yummy!

A few months ago, my neighbour gave me a recipe for Zinc Cream. She's asked me a few times if I've made it yet and I hadn't. Well, today, I did. In honour of her, I'm calling it Auntie Erica's Zinc Creme. Erica is a former ER nurse who loves formulating. It's a lovely cream and I think it's loosely based on Humblebee & Me's Calamine Zinc cream. I make with lavender and calendula infused sunflower oil and it's scented with lavender essential oil.

View attachment 65185
Hi there…what is a zinc cream and what would it be used for?

That sounds amazing!
They smell amazing, but there are a few small lumps—maybe from the arrowroot? I did whip the heck out of it, and it feels smooth going on, but there are definitely some small lumps here and there. New to the body butter thing, so it’s all a learning process.

They smell amazing, but there are a few small lumps—maybe from the arrowroot? I did whip the heck out of it, and it feels smooth going on, but there are definitely some small lumps here and there. New to the body butter thing, so it’s all a learning process.
For me, the small hard lumps tend to come from the shea getting grainy, whereas arrowroot tends to feel gritty if it didn't get mixed in well. Can you isolate one of the lumps to determine whether it is melts with firm pressure between the fingers (shea) or breaks into a gritty powder (arrowroot)?

Latest posts

Back