What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pine tar has long been on my bucket list. Recently, Mrs. Zing is having some skin flareups which kicked me into gear. Tonight's experiment is a salve with pine tar, coconut oil, beeswax, and castor oil. It's unscented -- and I kinda like the smell! Am I wierd? Next up is pine tar soap.
I've gotten great guidance from the search feature here -- but hit me up if you recommend any essential oil scents with pine tar in leave on products and soap. Thanks!

Pine tar has long been on my bucket list. Recently, Mrs. Zing is having some skin flareups which kicked me into gear. Tonight's experiment is a salve with pine tar, coconut oil, beeswax, and castor oil. It's unscented -- and I kinda like the smell! Am I wierd? Next up is pine tar soap.
I've gotten great guidance from the search feature here -- but hit me up if you recommend any essential oil scents with pine tar in leave on products and soap. Thanks!
I've made pine tar soap and I gotta say, I kinda like the smell of the pine tar, too. My pine tar soap is scented with a combination of Cedarwood Atlas and Lavender and has been quite well received, especially among my male clientele.

I made myself a bottle of hand lotion today. I make it to sell but I'm starting to find the fragrances, though fairly light, somewhat overpowering. I made one 200 gram batch of lotion and added just 2 drops of Champaka FO. I also used Champa Floral Water as my liquid and the fragrance, for me, is just right. My hands are thanking me.

I made myself a bottle of hand lotion today. I make it to sell but I'm starting to find the fragrances, though fairly light, somewhat overpowering. I made one 200 gram batch of lotion and added just 2 drops of Champaka FO. I also used Champa Floral Water as my liquid and the fragrance, for me, is just right. My hands are thanking me.
It’s high time I make some lotion! I use a lot of it!! Did you buy a recipe you can recommend, or formulate your own?
I’ve got 4 batches of bath bombs to paint, package , and labor. And I’m not letting myself master batch any more until I make soap. I’m kind of addicted to making bath bombs right now and I’ve got other products to make! Also just received my big investment order from liberty naturals so I can finally make another batch of my face oil!

It’s high time I make some lotion! I use a lot of it!! Did you buy a recipe you can recommend, or formulate your own?
I’ve got 4 batches of bath bombs to paint, package , and labor. And I’m not letting myself master batch any more until I make soap. I’m kind of addicted to making bath bombs right now and I’ve got other products to make! Also just received my big investment order from liberty naturals so I can finally make another batch of my face oil!

I use the DIY Bath & Body Lotion Concentrate recipe. I LOVE it! You can many both hand/body lotions and thick creams. It soaks in quickly and feels amazing. And, the part I love, is that it's totally customizable with different oils, extracts, and additives. (Sounds like I'm advertising... sorry.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/706...f=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1&bes=1

I use the DIY Bath & Body Lotion Concentrate recipe. I LOVE it! You can many both hand/body lotions and thick creams. It soaks in quickly and feels amazing. And, the part I love, is that it's totally customizable with different oils, extracts, and additives. (Sounds like I'm advertising... sorry.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/706...f=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1&bes=1
I love this recipe, too! I have a bunch of the premade base in the garage fridge (where I keep all the soapy and non-soapy things that benefit from refrigeration). It's great to pull it out and make a quick batch when I need some!

I love this recipe, too! I have a bunch of the premade base in the garage fridge (where I keep all the soapy and non-soapy things that benefit from refrigeration). It's great to pull it out and make a quick batch when I need some!
That's exactly what I do! I've even set the recipe up in Excel so I can make custom sized batches easily. All I have to do is type in how much I want to make and it automatically gives me each ingredient amount.

That's exactly what I do! I've even set the recipe up in Excel so I can make custom sized batches easily. All I have to do is type in how much I want to make and it automatically gives me each ingredient amount.
Do you use the Excel sheet that Marie Rayma provides on Humblebee and Me? That's the one I use, and I love it!

Yesterday I made a pine tar salve, What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?. Mrs. Zing went to her dermatologist appointment today. The doctor was not concerned about some minor flare ups on her face. Mrs. Zing said her husband made a pine tar salve. The doctor said that many natural remedies are effective and that some prescriptions have tar so it's okay to try it and it won't hurt. Wow! I thought that was a pretty progressive thing to say! I've had excellent dermatologists myself but they're stuck on Dove Sensitive Soap (which feels caustic to me) and prescriptions.

EDIT: I'll add what I learned. I made the salve and poured into small tins. I thought it would be gooier, like Vaseline, but it's hard and hard to scoop out. Next time I'll do it like my lotion bars and pour into the "bullet" cake pop molds.

Last edited:
I highly recommend Swift Cradty Monkeys blog and/or ebooks.

Hope
I do, too, but I gotta tell you, the DIY Bath & Body Lotion Concentrate is a really good recipe. It's nice to have the base available to make up a bottle of lotion or jar of face cream when you need it.

Upthread, I linked to the DIY Bath & Body Lotion Concentrate recipe. Today, I decided to see just how far I could push that recipe. I wanted a face cream with ALL the yummy ingredients I've been researching so I made a 250 gram batch with all of these fantastic ingredients. In the water phase, I subbed part of the water with aloe vera juice, 1% hyaluronic acid solution, 1% allantoin solution, and sea kelp ferment. My 5% additives included silk peptides, tremella extract, seaweed extract, propylene glycol, and sodium lactate. And, oh yeah, it's scented VERY lightly with just 5 drops of Sandalwood FO.

I'm still waiting for it to cool but, from what I managed to scrape out of my beaker, this stuff feels really, really nice! And it's a whole lot cheaper than the Creme de la Mer, which sells for about $700 for 100 ml at Sephora. The main ingredient in that face cream is sea kelp bioferment.

20220409_152627_HDR.jpg

Amazing post. Wondering if you or anyone else has made a cream with menthol in it as a summer cream to cool the skin, if so, would you share the recipe. I don’t sell products, I make them to enjoy myself.

Amazing post. Wondering if you or anyone else has made a cream with menthol in it as a summer cream to cool the skin, if so, would you share the recipe. I don’t sell products, I make them to enjoy myself.

I make an Avocado Mint Foot cream to which I add menthol and peppermint essential oil. Unfortunately, I can't share my recipe but i can tell you, it's made with the lotion concentrate base which is linked up thread.

If you have a recipe you like, you can add about 1% menthol to your heated oil or water phase. The heat will melt the menthol into the liquid.

Thank you. Question, if I add it to the lye and it melts, will it still have a cooling sensation to the skin??

Latest posts

Back