What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

ivylorraine

Reaction score
I made lotion bars! My good good buddy from Hawai'i spent a few days here and brought me kukui nut oil and a boat load of plumeria fragrance oils. Normally I'm not into florals but plumeria just sends me. I used 1/3 beeswax, 1/3 mango butter, 1/9 kukui nut oil, 1/9 raspberry seed oil, 1/9 mmmmmeadowfoam seed oil, and plumeria fragrance oil.
This gave me an idea of what to finally do with some gorgeous monoi oil I've had kicking around for the longest time! Too bad I don't have meadowfoam seed oil. Or mmmmmeadowfoam seed oil. 😁

Reaction score
I'll share an update on last night's batch of lotion bars. Despite some initial concern, it is not staining Mrs. Zing's or my skin for a jaundiced look (I was worried about the raspberry seed oil being really yellow). It is the least greasy bar I've made so far. Mmmmmmmmmmeadowfoam seed oil is amazing. It's expensive but one of the few liquid oils I have right now -- haven't purchased many ingredients due to inflation.

I love the effect of kukui nut oil. In Hawaii, they use it to soothe sunburns. But it does have a distinct scent, not unpleasant but still. While I normally dislike floral scents, I find plumeria intoxicating and a little goes a long way.. So I added in a smaller amount, 3-4%. It was the perfect balance of plumeria and kukui, subtle and awesome. Mrs. Zing has endorsed as well, so there's that..

And just to repeat my earlier post, my recipe is
1/3 beeswax,
1/3 mango butter,
1/9 kukui nut oil,
1/9 raspberry seed oil,
1/9 mmmmmeadowfoam seed oil, and
plumeria fragrance oil.

Latest posts