what are your favorite scents from brambleberry?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soaplizard

Reaction score
I have only bought a few fragrances from BRAMBLEBERRY only because I am trying to sample the entire fragrance collection from NurtureSoap for now

I am digging Galaxy Sky and Autumn Fig right now. I didn't care too much for the pink peony fragrance.

Edit: I may have posted this in the wrong section

Edit again I totally forgot to put BRAMBLEBERRY! Lol!!! Sorry for the confusion!!! But thank you for listing your favorite BB FRAGRANCES.

Last edited:
Bramble Berry has some very nice fragrances. There are a lot I've liked and would order again, but the ones I like to always have are (in no particular order)
Grapefruit Bellini (mixed with pink grapefruit from BB or WSP)
Vetyver
Lychee and Red Tea
Lingonberry Spice
Kentish Rain
Orange 10x EO

Brambleberry does have really great and well behaved fragrance oils here are a few I have enjoyed working with. The scents stay strong as well.

Tobacco and bay leaf
Energy
Herbal essence
Lilac
Pure honey
Sunshine poppies
Wild rose

There is no real valid reason that I have never ordered from Brambleberry. When I first researched how to make soap I watched a lot of the Soap Queen videos and she just rubbed me the wrong way. I got a weird Stepford Wives vibe from her and just never felt the desire to order from them.

Bramble Berry has some very nice fragrances. There are a lot I've liked and would order again, but the ones I like to always have are (in no particular order)
Grapefruit Bellini (mixed with pink grapefruit from BB or WSP)
Vetyver
Lychee and Red Tea
Lingonberry Spice
Kentish Rain
Orange 10x EO
Lychee and red tea sounds like it would smell good. I love the fruit lychee so I will definitely throw that into my shopping cart thank you.

There is no real valid reason that I have never ordered from Brambleberry. When I first researched how to make soap I watched a lot of the Soap Queen videos and she just rubbed me the wrong way. I got a weird Stepford Wives vibe from her and just never felt the desire to order from them.
LOL! I…….you know what I’m not gonna say anything lol

Brambleberry does have really great and well behaved fragrance oils here are a few I have enjoyed working with. The scents stay strong as well.

Tobacco and bay leaf
Energy
Herbal essence
Lilac
Pure honey
Sunshine poppies
Wild rose
Idk why but when I saw Tobacco and Bay leaf I immediately thought of Bourbon Street from Nurture soap and fell in love with the smell, reminds me of whiskey and ash trays.

Espresso
Tobacco and Bay Leaf (smells VERY different from NS Bourbon Street - more woodsy, less sweet)
Black Amber and Lavender
Fresh Snow
Dark Rich Chocolate
Blueberry Jam (great blueberry scent with NO discoloration!)
Lychee Red Tea
Island Escape
Crisp Apple Rose
Sea Moss (accelerates like crazy, but worth the trouble)

Based on my order history:

Ancient Sedona (no longer carried)
Chocolate Espresso
Chocolate Ganache
Cinnamon Cocoa
Indian Sandalwood
Kentucky Bourbon
Lavender
Lemon Bar
Spearmint Eucalyptus
Sweet Cardamom Chai

I just picked up two new ones that OOB, I am very eager to try: BB's Back Opium Type and Frankincense and Myrrh

Last edited:
I have NO FAVORITES left from Bramble Berry! LOOK carefully at their website before you place your order. IFRA-49 information is available on SOME of the fragrances. As of May 2022, Midnight Waters, Vanilla Oak, and Apple Sage are no longer applicable to soap making... The MUR is too low!

I have NO FAVORITES left from Bramble Berry! LOOK carefully at their website before you place your order. IFRA-49 information is available on SOME of the fragrances. As of May 2022, Midnight Waters, Vanilla Oak, and Apple Sage are no longer applicable to soap making... The MUR is too low!
wow thank you! So you will no longer be buying from them? I looked at a few and saw the specifications! I do not want any cancerous product in my soaps

wow thank you! So you will no longer be buying from them? I looked at a few and saw the specifications! I do not want any cancerous product in my soaps

Understand that my favorites were safe under the current IFRA regulations - IFRA -48. However, in May 2022, the IFRA-49 regulations kick in. Some fragrances are seeing a higher rate of use allowed under IFRA-49, while others are seeing a drastic reduction in the MUR ( Max Usage Rate). Unfortunately, 3 of my favorites will be reduced to a level not practical for use in soap. Lemongrass and Spearmint essential oils are suppose to become unsafe for use on skin too. I don't think it necessarily means cancerous. IFRA is suppose to include a factor for people who are developing sensitivities to compounds.

I probably won't purchase any new fragrances from Bramble Berry because they are expensive. I was waiting for a sale and then stocking up on my favorites.

There are several other suppliers out there that are about 1/2 the cost of Bramble Berry. I use Fragrance Buddy a lot. They have 1 ounce size bottles for $2.50 to $3. This is very cost effective for testing the fragrance. They max out at $17 - $18 per pound of fragrance. UNFORTUNATELY, they do not have the IFRA -49 information published yet, so you are buying blind until they publish the information. So of their fragrances are awful, but the ones that I like are WINNERS. They have 3 or 4 sales a year when everything is about 25% off.

I use micas and more. She tests all her fragrances. The owner has spent the last year having her fragrances re-formulated so that they will still perform at the IFRA-49 rates.
She doesn't have a huge selection of fragrances, but what she does has is SOLID performers for soap. She ships quick and prices are reasonable. No sales from her, but every weekend she gives something free away with orders from the weekend. Sometimes it is a free mica sample and sometimes it is a free 1 ounce bottle of fragrance. She also provides free soap samples. When she tests fragrances, she gives out the soap so that you can tell what the fragrance smells like without having to purchase it. LOVE this customer model because we all have different noses!

Nurture Soap is another soap friendly fragrance supplier, BUT she doesn't have the IFRA-49 information published for her fragrances either! You will be buying blind with her too! Nothing free here LOL. She runs $3.5 per 1 ounce sample and around $29 for 1 lb fragance. It's rare... but she does occasionally have a sale.

Cierra Fragrances does have IFRA-49 information available and does some testing ahead of time on her fragrances. I am new to this particular vender. I know her Shampure is solid in CP. I am currently testing about 6 fragrances from her. The prices seems fair with her too. Her one ounce size is $2.50 and her 1 lb bottles of fragrance run $18 - $25. AMAZING quick shipping from her.

Based on my order history:

Lemon Bar
Spearmint Eucalyptus
Sweet Cardamom Chai

I just picked up two new ones that OOB, I am very eager to try: BB's Back Opium Type and Frankincense and Myrrh

Let me know how the Black Opium does. I've wanted to order this one and forgetting to put it in my cart!

The lemon Bar will have a MUR of less than 4% under IFRA 49.
The Spearmint Eucalyptus will be less than 3%
The cinnamon Cocoa will be 4.3% MUR next year.
The Sweet Cardamom chai is SAFE under IFRA 49.

Apple Jack & Peel
Apple Rose
Apple Sage
Bergamot Black Tea
Sage & Lemongrass
Spearmint Eucalyptus
White Tea & Ginger
and I mix BB Strawberry with BB Champagne
The Apple Sage is one of my favorites too. The IFRA-49 will drop the MUR to less than 2% on this fragrance for soap.

The sage & lemongrass will drop to less that 4% in May 2022.

Back