What are your favorite FO's to use?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nag Champa
Dragon's Blood
Black Amber Musk
Cedar EO and Frankincense mixed...
Nag Champa and DB mixed is a WOW!
And the list goes on from there...
All of the above plus NG's Werewolf, Mango Sorbet and Cracklin' Birch (that I recently tried)
Of course top is my DB and Steve's mix of DB and Nag Champa is a real winner.
Cal Candle's Lemongrass, Volcano and Berry Blitz
Black Raspberry Vanilla, Salty Air and Pink Sugar from soapsupplies.net
and the list goes on....

@mx6inpenn M&M is selling FO's again starting next month I think.
She will have the bowties and bourbon one I know. go to their FB page it is on there.

I have to order a bunch to stock up, so this thread is great !
I am really liking the prices from Natures garden and Southern Sensations.
Anyone tell me which is better?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really liking the prices from Natures garden and Southern Sensations.

I haven't tried Natures Garden, yet.. however Southern Scentsations is about a 30 minute drive from me, and the one I have tried the most. By and large no trouble with the scents I've tried, such as acceleration or ricing, however I did have several discolor. They provide no information (online or in the store) that tells you what fragrances has vanillin. That'd be my only complaint. Everything has remained in the soap after curing.

I will start this off by sharing what FO's i have used and like the most so far. I use 1 oz/ per 1 lb of oil.

1: New Directions - Peaches n Cream ( smells amazingly good, sticks well and scent is strong in the soap after 3 months)
2: New Directions - Bay Rum ( love the smell of this, smell is strong, very good mans fragrance)
3:Bulk Apothecary - Sun drenched pineapple ( smells like sweet pineapple, very good)

I love Lemongrass BB Strong, fresh scent and it sticks well.
Applejack Peel BB Fresh scent sticks well to my soap.
Bay Rum and Lime Blend Bay Rum up front with a hint of Lime. Great in my shaving pucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I am a real dummy today, but who is M&M? :D I know what M&M's are, but they are not fragrance oils :lol:

Micas & More. It's a group buy :) She had started carrying FO's last year, then quit. Now she is starting again. I used the Cool Water FO from her (Stephanie Graham) that I had bought last year. If you like Cool Water cologne, it is a very nice dupe and behaved well in soap. I don't know if she is going to carry that particular one again, but if she does, I will probably buy it.

" When the next buy opens on May 7th I will have 4 FO’s to start: Burst of Energy (dupe), Oatmeal Milk and Honey, Bow Ties and Bourbon (BBW dupe), and a new one, Ancient Incense. I will add more each month."
From my question to her about what she will have :)

Micas & More. It's a group buy :) She had started carrying FO's last year, then quit. Now she is starting again. I used the Cool Water FO from her (Stephanie Graham) that I had bought last year. If you like Cool Water cologne, it is a very nice dupe and behaved well in soap. I don't know if she is going to carry that particular one again, but if she does, I will probably buy it.
Duh...I buy micas from her. I always had good luck with NG's Coolwater, but it no longer sells well for me so I quit with Coolwater.

For my CP soaps I have these favourites. Others are also faves, but not for my cp soap because either the usage rate is to small to be used economically in cp, or they don`t stick well enough.

Natures Garden
, in no particular order:

Perfect Man, Sun and Sand, Kudzu, Fresh Cut Roses, Apple Mango & Tango, Earl Grey Tea, Gingered Bergamot.

Also - I love how the Black Raspberry Vanilla from NG smells, but it doesn`t seem to wanna stick around long enough in my CP, and I can`t up the level as it is only 3,5% usage limit on it. I know others have better results with it, but I will just reserve it for my foaming bath whip.

Nurture:
Fresh Pear (Discontinued, booo!!!! :(:sadgoodbye:) Sambucus, Karma, Juicy Apricot, Fairygarden, Oatmeal, Milk & Honey, Vanilla Cream.

All these are my faves because they smell amazing and they are stickers, some after even 3 years with little to no fading.

I will start this off by sharing what FO's i have used and like the most so far. I use 1 oz/ per 1 lb of oil.

1: New Directions - Peaches n Cream ( smells amazingly good, sticks well and scent is strong in the soap after 3 months)
2: New Directions - Bay Rum ( love the smell of this, smell is strong, very good mans fragrance)
3:Bulk Apothecary - Sun drenched pineapple ( smells like sweet pineapple, very good)
Their Peaches and Crwam is absolutely amazing. It’s a best seller for me in everything I make with it. I don’t even like peach scents but I LOVE this!!!

I just tried Satsuma Orange from Nurture's [emoji7][emoji1]! That scent takes me back to my first trip to The Body Shop when I was a teenager. I can't stop sniffing the bars! Another favorite is Coconut Lime from the Facebook group Tamera's Scents. I've used it in soap, our oil diffusers and a cleaning soap that I made for my Ken.

BB Daisy Chain, Drakkar Type, Amethyst
Bulk Apothecary Tobacco Vanilla
NG Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Nurture Caramel & Honey, 8th & Ocean
WSP Charred Sandalwood

CC’s Bergamot & White Tea
Honey & Apricot
Both stick really well in CP soap and the ladies I know, love it.

Which fragrance comes closest to:

The Body Shop -Satsuma and Exotic

Claire Burke -Applejack and Peel

I have yet to find a close match and keep purchasing the originals

Thanks

EARTH from MMS. It is way too expensive but I love it. I use it straight but mostly blend it. I've been ordering it forever. If I could only find the same scent cheaper. I think EOS ARE CHEAPER. I've blended it with patchouli, sandalwood, any woodsy earthy blends one may have. It sticks will well too. I have kept a few bars back from a year ago that still keeps the scent. Keeping them as examples of some of my blends.

Back