What are your favorite FOs from Bitter Creek North?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m wanting to order some vanilla stabilizer from BCN but I’m figuring I should add a couple fragrance oils to make the shipping worthwhile. Does anyone have any recommendations for BCN fragrance oils that smell wonderful and stick around in cold process? Couldn’t find much on the forum about them.

I recently purchased the following from them:

Northwoods Christmas - smells great OOB, very Christmas-tree-ish. Didn't accelerate or discolor my usual high-lard recipe. BUT - the smell morphed into a fake "Christmas store" smell and is super overpowering. Sent it to a friend's house to cure, and she's sending it back to me for the same reason. Hoping it softens and morphs back as it cures.

Champagne - smells fantastic OOB but haven't soaped with it yet.

Strawberry - smells very fake OOB but haven't soaped with it yet. Others have noted this is common with strawberry FOs. I got it to mix with the champagne and am going to follow the suggestion made by someone to put a few drops of each on a cotton ball to make sure I like them together. Otherwise, I'll use just the Champagne for now.

Sandalwood - smells good OOB but haven't soaped with it yet. Plan to do a test batch of this one and compare it to a test of the Mysore Sandalwood from Oregon Trail. That one smells super faint OOB but very nice. This one is stronger but just ok OOB. Will be interesting to see how they soap.

Last edited:
I recently purchased the following from them:

Northwoods Christmas - smells great OOB, very Christmas-tree-ish. Didn't accelerate or discolor my usually high-lard recipe. BUT - the smell morphed into a fake "Christmas store" smell and is super overpowering. Sent it to a friend's house to cure, and she's sending it back to me for the same reason. Hoping it softens and morphs back as it cures.

Champagne - smells fantastic OOB but haven't soaped with it yet.

Strawberry - smells very fake OOB but haven't soaped with it yet. Others have noted this is common with strawberry FOs. I got it to mix with the champagne and am going to follow the suggestion made by someone to put a few drops of each on a cotton ball to make sure I like them together. Otherwise, I'll use just the Champagne for now.

Sandalwood - smells good OOB but haven't soaped with it yet. Plan to do a test batch of this one and compare it to a test of the Mysore Sandalwood from Oregon Trail. That one smells super faint OOB but very nice. This one is stronger but just ok OOB. Will be interesting to see how they soap.
@AliOop Thank you for this information. Funny but not funny about the Northwoods Christmas...getting passed around. 😂. I wish they had testing notes and more reviews but sadly no notes and very few reviews. I may just order a few bottles of the stabilizer and hope it has a good shelf life.

@AliOop Thank you for this information. Funny but not funny about the Northwoods Christmas...getting passed around. 😂. I wish they had testing notes and more reviews but sadly no notes and very few reviews. I may just order a few bottles of the stabilizer and hope it has a good shelf life.
I order a few bottles at a time which lasts me a year or more. The shelf life seems to be good for at least that long.

I really just ended up ordering scents so that I could justify the shipping charges for the stabilizer. Isn't that silly? As if spending MORE money somehow helps the whole situation. 😂

I really just ended up ordering scents so that I could justify the shipping charges for the stabilizer. Isn't that silly? As if spending MORE money somehow helps the whole situation. 😂
I do the same thing so I totally understand, it just stinks (no pun, lol) that you ended up with some not so great ones. 😓. There is really basically nothing here on the forum regarding their fragrance oils so that tells me they probably aren’t someone I would order from if not for that **** vanilla stabilizer, lol....why oh why can’t we have a one stop shop with amazing scents, oils, butters, additives, etc...A soaper can dream....or open up a new business selling supplies! I’ve thought about it but can’t imagine the startup expense!

I do the same thing sometimes. Not crazy at all. Especially places like Rustic Escentuals, Elements Bath and Body.

Back