What are your favorite Christmas shows and songs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm just curious. We have an unusual rainy cold weather system happening for a couple of days. We've already celebrated our Christmas so I have the house to myself, a fireplace, so I'm planning on soaping to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies for the next two days! Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday everyone!

Fave movie - It's a Wonderful life
Fave song? I have a few... It Snowed by Maeghan Smith, Little Drummer Boy by Sean Quigley (You Tube), and Oh Holy Night. One traditional Dutch song that I look up on You Tube every year (I miss singing it live with a crowd) is Ere Zij God (Glory to God).

Fave movie - It's a Wonderful life
Fave song? I have a few... It Snowed by Maeghan Smith, Little Drummer Boy by Sean Quigley (You Tube), and Oh Holy Night. One traditional Dutch song that I look up on You Tube every year (I miss singing it live with a crowd) is Ere Zij God (Glory to God).

As for me, without "Oh Holy Night", it's not Christmas!

I'm just curious. We have an unusual rainy cold weather system happening for a couple of days. We've already celebrated our Christmas so I have the house to myself, a fireplace, so I'm planning on soaping to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies for the next two days! Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday everyone!
Happy singing as you soap:)

I like to watch all of the old movies, but I also enjoy How the Grinch Stole Christmas and the original Home Alone because they remind me of when my son was young. He called “Home Alone“ “Home Aloha” which always made me laugh. My favorite holiday time album is the Bells of Dublin by the Chieftains.

I think I would have to say A Christmas Story is my favorite. My favorite carol is O Holy Night. I do tend to like the older, traditional Christmas music. My (almost 3 year old) grandson this year said his favorite is Santa Claus is Coming to Town - by Franks and Autra 😂

I also prefer old traditional Christmas music (even going back to Baroque period). I agree it’s just not Christmas without Oh Holy Night. But also love more upbeat festive music. However, don’t usually care for Holiday music by pop stars. And I love I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas!!

Other than Hallmark and Die Hard, there’s probably not a Christmas movie I don’t like. But I have to watch Charlie Brown, The Man Who Came to Dinner, and The Christmas Candle every year.

I’ve enjoyed my Alexa this season! It was a gift last year. It’s in the kitchen and I listen to Christmas music when cooking. Rather than a favorite song, I have favorite singers. Johnny Mathis tops the list, but I also like Michael Buble, Bing Crosby, Harry Connick Jr. among others.

We're not so much for the movies here, but it wouldn't be Xmas without Fairytale of New York!

I just watched It's A Wonderful Life- my favorite. We also always watch A Christmas Story. Favorite carols are Carol of the Bells, The First Noel, and It Came Upon A Midnight Clear.

Merry Christmas y'all!

A Christmas Carol (Alastair Sjam) and A Christmas Story are movie favorites although I love it’s a Wonderful Life as well! My favo music is on Andrea Bocelli’s Christmas album-it is simply my favorite. I do love the animated Rudolph and Frostry the Snowman too!

I like Elf. My husband has been watching Christmas movies and yesterday it was “It happened on 5th Av” a 1947 black and white film, that he is adding to his Christmas movies list.

Back