What are your favorite blends?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panda

Reaction score
I really like to blend jasmine, sandalwood and rose. Another blend i like is patchouili and sweet orange.

What are your favorite essential oil blends?

I like to use orange and cinnamon as a room air freshener. I've also used it in candles before. I don't usually like orange or cinnamon separate, but the combination is very pleasant.

I like grapefruit and clove bud. I like to use it in the bath or shower in the morning. The grapefruit is energizing and uplifting while the clove bud is motivating. It gives me the boost i need to start the day.

I like to combine citrus, sandalwood and vanilla - it kind of reminds me of a creamsicle

bergamot and rose is nice and strong. I also like eucalyptus and peppermint

I like to make a room freshener out of mint and ginger. It's very invigorating.

I'm a sandalwood girl myself. Love earthy smells.
Also, vanilla. Anything that smells like food, has to be good :)

hippietoad said:
I'm a sandalwood girl myself. Love earthy smells.
Also, vanilla. Anything that smells like food, has to be good :)

You like any smells that have to do with food?!? I don't myself but some people in the family do, and I make a really yummy soup smelling soap. WIth Thyme, Eucalyptus, lavender, vitamin E, Alove Vera Oil (fresh from the plant, I scrape the gel from the plant every time I make it.) I think the thyme is what makes it smell like soup. :) It is really good fro your skin, becuase of the Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, and Vitamin E oil. I think Eucalyptus and Lemon are my favorite though.

I think Eucalyptus and Lemon are my favorite though.[/quote]

I like that combo too...I actually bought a natural mosquito
repellent that used eucalyptus and lemon grass. And it worked
really well.

Lavender and Vanilla! I love it! The only problem is that vanilla is really expensive. I make a really sweet smelling soap and lotion called "Lavilla" it is Lavender - Vanilla.

Bit of Patch, lavender 40/42, a touch of Bavarian lavender, and peppermint EO's. It smells great in a recent salt bar batch.

Paul....:)

Tabitha said:
(clears throat) You do have a bar of that headed my way right?

Funny you say that! Just this afternoon, Phyllis tells me;

Paul, you know Tab wanted a bar of the new scent in the veggie salt bars you made last weekend with the unrefined Shea and Kpangnan butters. You know, you need to send her a 2 ounce jar of the matching cream too."

I said, like I have for 25 years now;

"yes, dear, right away!" :lol: :lol:

Paul....:) :wink:

Salt bars?

What the heck is a salt bar???? A scrubbie bar???? ok just thought I would ask? Blend sounds amazing- Paul!
Danni

Re: Salt bars?

leansoapqueen said:
What the heck is a salt bar???? A scrubbie bar???? ok just thought I would ask? Blend sounds amazing- Paul!
Danni

A salt bar is a CP type of soap. It defies the "book" as you use 75% coconut oil, and other goodies, along with equal or a tad less salt then oils weight. :) I've been making them for about 6 months and LOVE them! 8)

Paul....:)

Back