What are you working on this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy

Reaction score
So what's the project for this weekend?

I'm trying a coconut lemongrass soap as well as assembling some new shelves I ordered to help organize my soaping area.

Finishing up my prototype TOG Slab, Log, & Bar Cutter all-in-one unit.
Then.....REST! LOL
IT'S TOO HOT! :x

Paul.... :wink:

A mural that is 40ft wide by 16 ft tall. It is a donation to my daughter's elementary school & will be in the cafeteria. Hubby & I started it last night & that wall is WAY bigger than I remember it being last spring :shock: !

Tabitha said:
A mural that is 40ft wide by 16 ft tall. It is a donation to my daughter's elementary school & will be in the cafeteria. Hubby & I started it last night & that wall is WAY bigger than I remember it being last spring :shock: !

Tab, a soap & a mural artisan, all rolled up into one package! :D That is so nice for you guys to do this for your daughters school! I bet she'll be a proud daughter when school starts! 8)

PS: Tell them to crank the AC in the cafeteria while you two are working!

Well, I guess I am going to have to pay almost 20.00 dollars for a gallon of coconut oil... :roll: at the local supplier. Maybe some palm kernel

My supplier doesnt come back until monday. I have all these samples and cant soap them :evil:

So, I have some olive oil, rice bran, soybean oil...
I can patch some stuff together lol...

Oh and clean up the soap area!

S. go to a Wal Mart Supercenter, and on the aisle where the oils is, up on the top shelf is 31 ounces of Lou-Anna Coconut oil for @$3.00 to $3.20 per unit. I buy almost all my CO from them at about the same or less costs than Columbus Foods considering shipping costs. I buy 5 to 10 jars at a time at Wally World! Check it out!

Wow soapbuddy thats a lot of work! I'm going to make coconut banana blast I messed up the first batch LOL. I'm going to shred up my odds and ends and cook them together to make some confetti soap. I have some rebatch goatsmilk soap but not sure what to make with it. Also I would like to make some Peppermint/Lavender Oatmeal.

Hubby & I painted for 3 hours Thursday night & 3 hours tonight & are about 1/2 done.

Soapmaker Man said:
S. go to a Wal Mart Supercenter, and on the aisle where the oils is, up on the top shelf is 31 ounces of Lou-Anna Coconut oil for @$3.00 to $3.20 per unit. I buy almost all my CO from them at about the same or less costs than Columbus Foods considering shipping costs. I buy 5 to 10 jars at a time at Wally World! Check it out!

ETA: Sorry Paul, didnt mean to press edit lo.. quote button!

We dont have a Super Walmart unfortunately... Maybe one day..
I have to go and buy some Palm Kernel ... I have no oils *Sigh*

More salt bars. I can not seem to keep them on the shelves. I'm glad they are easy to make at least.

Cpsoaper, do you get a bit more for your salt bars than your regular soaps? I do. I get $3.50 for a full 4 ounce regular bar with goat milk, and get $4.25 for the heavy 6 ounce salt bars.

Yes I do and I do for my GM soaps as well. My bars without GM or salt are a bit cheaper. In my GM bars, I try to use raw milk which I can buy from a farm near me and it makes a huge difference in the bar even compared to one with store bought or powdered GM. I love the fat content of the raw GM and how it changes the soap. I charge more for the salt bars because I use sea salt which is an added expense and salts are not cheap. I buy my salts in bulk from Salt Works.

I used to use canned GM, but only farm fresh GM since we moved back to Missouri! Love the fresh off the farm GM in my soap too, as there IS a difference!

Back